Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
I have hypothyroid even after taking medicines i am feeling the same sickness. Is there any harmful effects. Please tell me what should i do?
My mother has diabetic problem since last 3 years and she has already consult with doctor and take medicine but I think she has no relief so please can you suggest me better solution about this.
I am 55 years old. I am a diabetic for the past 10years. Fbs-95-105, ppbs-140-170, hba1c-< 7.00. I am taking t- amaryl m 2mg before breakfast. T- tregenta 5mg after meals. T-telsartan 40mg in the morning for bp. T-zyloric 100*2 for uric acid problem. I have not a regular walking practice. I am taking alcohol 5days in a week -brandy 2 large (120ml). Now my problem is foot burning. Please give suggestions.
If the gangrene happens in the leg N th patient had the diabetic also What treatment like v had to do.
Hi i Am a 65 year old male with diabetes. Hba1c 7.2% and on max dose of metformin and voglibose. Last blood test showed insufficiency in vitamin d (total) 25 ng/ml ; vitamin b12 192 pg/ml and low testosterone 191.6 ng/ml. Iron and calcium within limits as is cholesterol/ triglycerides. T3/t4/ tsh suggest thyronormalcy. Key difficulty is insufficient and interrupted sleep. 5 hrs per night -this is my major problem. 1. What should I do next since metformin is at max dosage- 2250 per day? no insulin please. Sitagliptin? 2. Is there a natural method of improving testosterone? how far below normal am i? does it need action? thank you,
Female infertility affects nearly 40 million women world over, as per medical studies. If the female patient is not able to conceive after trying for a period of over six months without the use of any protection or contraception, there are chances that she may be suffering from infertility. This condition must be checked and treated at the earliest. Read on to know more about the various causes behind female infertility.
- Fallopian Tubes: When the fallopian tubes undergo any kind of damage, it may lead to infertility for the woman in question. These tubes are used by the eggs as they travel from the ovaries to the uterus. The eggs meet the sperm in order for the baby to be conceived and to develop. Pelvic infections and pelvic surgery can cause scarring and bleeding which can stop the sperm and the egg from meeting. This scarring may also come about as a result of endometriosis.
- Hormonal Issues: There are a variety of hormones at play within one's body at any given point of time, and a balance of these hormones is absolutely essential for the various functions of the body to be carried out in a normal manner. When the body does not go through proper hormonal changes that are required for the release of the egg, this can prevent the pregnancy from happening. This can also lead to a thickening of the uterine lining which can stop the egg from travelling from the ovaries.
- Cervical Problems: The cervix is one of the most important parts of the female reproductive system. It is a passage that can be found at the lower end of the womb. When there is a condition that may affect the cervix of the female patient, it can also prevent the sperm from travelling through the cervical canal in order to reach the egg. This comes about as a symptom of a cervical problem.
- Uterine Problem: One may develop polyps or fibroids within the uterus, thus giving rise to difficulties when it comes to getting pregnant. These growths can usually be found when there are too many cells thriving in the endometrium, which is basically the lining of the uterus.
- Unexplained Reasons: There are a number of 'unexplained' reasons that can prevent pregnancy. These reasons plague almost 20% of the couples who are suffering from infertility or the inability to conceive a baby.
- Tests: While the diagnosis of the condition can be done with the help of an HSG test using an ultrasound, the doctor can also use this method to check for fallopian tube blockages. A laparoscopy may also be used for diagnosis.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gynaecologist and ask a free question.