Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dwarakanath Gk
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Dwarakanath GkYour feedback matters!
Bad breathing was my issue, even I use mouth freshness and brush twice it doesn't stops. Please help me.
I am 25 years old girl. Recently,2 months back I got married. Last month I got my periods on 06th June. I am not getting periods this month since it has passed 1 month. I am sure there is no unsafe sex with my husband. I am worried that whether I am pregnant or not. Is there any medicine through which I can have periods or please help me to give proper advice.
I am go for pass out my stool 5 times In a day, but I can't able in clean my bowl in 2 times. When I pass out my stool the peristalsis movement are stop after first pressure and all other stool is present in my bowl. After 2 hours. Which irritates my bowl and create peristalsis movement and I have go again for pass out my stool but peristalsis movement are stop after first pressure. So please ask me any physical exercise or natural, treatment. For regular peristalsis movement and clean my bowl in 1 or 2 times in day so please help me.
Is soya milk is good for health. How much qty I can drink of soya milk in a day? my triglycerides is around 650 and cholesterol is 260, is the soya milk is useful for me or harmful for me, kindly guide.
My daughter has got NS1 antigen-28, her platelet counts--3.04,now no fever, fever remained only for three days below 100 but severe rash which melted away within three days ,but I see the antigen is slight high what to do.
Dear Dr. hi Dr. sir meri wife intercourse sai pehlai Fore play mai chahti hai ki mai uss ki vegina ko apni tong sai licking karon acchai sai. But sir mai Yeh kr sakta hoon but ek confuse hai ki os ki vagina mai sai jo fluid nikla raha hota hai woh meri tong mai laag kr mere ander chala giya tu kiya woh mere lia harmful hoga? please meri es confusion ko detail ans dai kr door kai plz
There are two kidneys in the body on the right and left sides, which have a significant role in metabolism, as outlined below.
- Regulation of minerals, including sodium and potassium
- Production of urine through which metabolic wastes, including urea, are cleared out
- Production of the hormone renin which is essential for controlling blood pressure
- Production of the hormone calcitriol which ensures the bones receive the required calcium
- Production of the hormone erythropoietin which is essential for proper red blood cell growth.
Any impaired kidney function leads to all these associated organs being affected, such as increased blood pressure, improper bone functioning and blood cell formation. So, whenever a kidney disease is suspected, early diagnosis and treatment is very essential. This results in minimal treatment and better prognosis.
Most people undergo an annual chemical test to check the blood and urine, which would indicate increase in protein levels or other abnormalities. When there is increase in the protein level, a kidney disease needs to be ruled out. One of the best ways to identify renal issues is to do a renal scan. Some of the common reasons for getting a renal scan done are listed below:
- To assess the blood flow through the kidneys. Improper flow often is a result of arterial narrowing and high blood pressure. This could be the first step in diagnosing hypertension. This is usually followed by a blood chemical test, which indicates the increased amount of protein and urea in the blood.
- To check the abnormalities in the shape, size, and structure of the kidneys.
- To assess kidney disorders like tumours, cysts, abscesses, etc.
- To assess the effect of injury on the kidney from a trauma or injury.
- To identify renal stones, the size, number, location, etc., which is essential for planning the treatment.
- To find and assess any growth in the kidney. To assess the efficacy of the treatment for kidney diseases.
- To assess how well a transplanted kidney is functioning.
- The good thing about a renal scan is that it can help identify more than one problem during a single scan.
What is done?
A radioisotope material is injected into a vein and the flow of this material is then monitored. This scan evaluates the blood flow through and to the kidneys; how the urine flow takes place; and the size/structure of the kidneys. The scan will take about two hours to complete. A renogram is a graph that shows the flow of the tracer through the kidney.
A different density of uptake indicates different disease conditions. It is usually a painless procedure other than the slight discomfort caused by the needle prick. The results are usually available within two days for the doctor to interpret and take appropriate action.