Find numerous Allergist/Immunologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Allergist/Immunologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Allergist/Immunologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. DwarakanathYour feedback matters!
What are the best vegetarian diets effective for good brain and immunity level in winters for 18 females?
My 5-year-old daughter has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma preventer long-term? I heard that using it for years might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true? Are there any vitamins or supplements to help vision? Or.
When I am eating heavy food like parotta, Chicken biryani etc. I see blood in my faces when I goes to bathroom in morning.
Hello, I am 21 year old boy. I am suffering from allergies. This allergies are from dust and cold. When I take ice cream or cold drinks regular for 2 or 3 days then I can not breath properly. Its feel like something block my windpipe. Same for dust. This allergies is since when I am about 12 year old or early. I want to know name of this disease and what is the cure. Please help me.
I am a 28 years old male and I have dust allergy for 2 years, when it attacks I cannot walk freely my breathing would be heavy. Would it turn into asthma? What are the home remedies? Please help me on this.
Sir I use to sneeze through out the year and also when I get exposed to dirt I feel breathing problem. Also when I do some rigorous work I feel like it's asthma. What should I do?
Sir, mujhe 1/12/2015 ko ik dog ne kata tha, to mene usi din ilaj kara lia, mujhe injection bhi diya, mai yah Janna chahta hu ki mujhe kya khana chahiye or nahi?
I have suffering form asthma in childhood I am taken more medicines but no result. What do i'm Thank you.
Sir I am suffering from asthma from more then 25 year and have acidity problem with high blood pressure please advice.
Is your child getting exhausted after a bout of cough? Does he or she suffer from constant wheezing and tightness of the chest? Does your child feel drained out after climbing a flight of stairs? Do you know a child who always seems to run out of breath and cannot participate in school sports tournaments or play outside for a long time? The child could be suffering from asthma, which is a serious breathing problem. Most children are affected by asthma. Staying in a polluted city just makes the condition worse.
Asthma - Know the disease
- Asthma is a condition that causes inflammation of the airways, known as trachea and bronchioles.
- The muscles around the airways constrict and prevent the smooth flow of air.
- The lining of the bronchioles swell and block the airways.
- Asthma is mostly triggered by an allergic reaction.
- There is a difficulty in breathing out. Exhalation of air is often accompanied by a wheezing, that is, a whistling sound.
- There is a constant shortness of breath, feeling out of breath and gasping for air.
- There is an uncomfortable tightness in the chest, the feeling of not breathing in enough air.
- Coughing bouts in the middle of the night, that leave the child feeling exhausted and completely out of breath.
Causes of Asthma
Asthma is mostly triggered by asthma allergens. These allergens are mostly pollens and animal fur.
- Exposure to pollution, such as dust and smoke
- History of heartburn, GERD and acid reflux
- Inflammation of sinus and airways
- History of bronchial disorders and pneumonia
- Viral infections
- Chronic rhinitis
- Low immunity causing constant cold and blockage of nose
Treatments of asthma
- A nebulizer that turns asthma medicine into a mist can then be inhaled easily
- An inhaler can be used to take in inhaled steroids into the lungs or a bronchodilutor
- Try and avoid asthma triggers and allergens as much as possible
- Avoid physical stress and heat
- Get sufficient rest of about 7-8 hours every day
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.