Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ds.sowmya KartikYour feedback matters!
I'm not getting regular periods. I get periods after 2 to 3 months. Please suggest me. Please help me.
Can metallic taste be a symptom of morning after pill or is it because it did not work. I had taken the pill 3 days ago, the day on which I had sex. And moreover, I was on my safe sex period. Should I be concerned about pregnancy or is it just because of all the elevated hormone because of the pill. I took it even a month or two before. I have no other symptoms.
During periods can we have sex (from day 1 to day 4) with my partner and also from day 5 to day 7 can sex be done as someone needs his partner to be present then it should be done from day 8 to day 15, please correct if I am wrong and also during first three month of pregnancy sex is prohibited.
Reducing fat is about working on excess weight that happens due to fat deposits in the body. Getting a toned look means maintaining lean muscle with a routine aimed at doing so. This will propel you towards healthy fat loss, by keeping your lean mass and immune system in order. Read on to learn how you can achieve fat loss in a healthy manner.
- Nutrition: Nutrition is the fuel that keeps the body going. From grains to carbohydrates to essentials fats, dairy, fibre, some amount of meat and even fruits and vegetables - you need to have a little bit of everything, every single day. This will give your lean muscle much-needed nourishment so that it helps in banishing fat and works harder to give you a toned look. Also, the metabolism works faster with these kinds of food.
- Processed Food: Processed food is usually fortified and preserved with salt and fat that defeats healthy eating and makes you gain pounds. You should try and stick to freshly prepared food. Make a menu and shop at the grocery store every week to stock up your for daily meals. Further, when you are looking for a snack, ensure that you reach out for a healthy salad or cut fruit. Also, try to make use of beverages like green tea and infused water that can be made at home with cucumber, mint leaves, watermelon, lemon and more, so that you can steer clear of various other carbonated and packaged drinks.
- Routine: Getting rid of fat is also a matter of getting into a good routine of meals, exercise and sleep. You should take smaller and more frequent meals - about five to six times a day - and limit your last meal to a few hours before bed time, so that your metabolism only has to process smaller chunks at a time. Also, try to alternate meals with activity and finally remember to get yourself at least six to seven hours of sleep a day.
- Exercise: We cannot stress enough on a work session a day to burn fat and give your metabolism a boost. Work with a trainer to find your problem areas and do focused exercises and sets.
- Burning fat the healthy way is a matter of eating right, sleeping well and exercising your body every single day!
I m 10 weeks pregnant 28 years old bt I hav completed weeks of pregnancy sor I slightly bleed bt I lost 1 sacs other sacs is gud so Dr. advised me to bed rest. So how many days I want to bed rest? Bcoz I hav no bleeding bt when complete 6 weeks that day only bleed only 5 mins bleed pls give me gud suggestion.
I'm pregnant and I'm awaiting my 45th day scan. I feel pain in my left side of the lower abdomen. Please advise.
My age 23. In-(may- 2014) I got married. But we are trying to conceive from last 5 months onwards. From last 2 months onwards I am facing vaginal dryness problem. Is with vaginal dryness I am not conceiving? with this dryness I am facing very pain during inter course. Please suggest me what to do?
We had sex on 13th may around 1 a. M. We were sleeping sideways on bed. I didn't insert my penis properly. I had inserted only the tip of the penis. She ejaculated completely. But I didn't ejaculate. I was just about to ejaculate when she removed the penis out of her private part. I had checked after removal of my penis out. I didn't ejaculated but was kind f wet because of her fluids. Can this cause pregnancy. She didn't take any pills after that day. She had periods on 13th may itself, I she told me that she got periods around 9a. M, which were actually delayed. She was supposed to have periods on 4th may. Her periods were normal No bleeding. Or no other complications Please help me with this doc. Thanks.
Preconception care refers to the care that a woman should take before getting pregnant. This refers to all the procedures and measures to be taken by a woman before pregnancy for maintaining good health before giving birth. Good preconception care also ensures proper health of the to-be-born child. Seeking information about pregnancy is also a part of preconception care by which a woman can prepare herself better physically and emotionally before childbirth. Visiting doctors and health practitioners is a part of preconception care. The body is prepared for giving birth during preconception care.
Nutritional supplements during preconception care:
Certain nutritional supplements are recommended for women during this stage. Folic acid is an important vitamin which enables healthy growth and development of the baby. Folic acid reduces birth defects like spina bifida.
Other healthy supplements which a woman may require during preconception care include iron, zinc and calcium. A healthy, balanced diet and drinking a lot of water are also important.
Visiting a doctor is necessary during the preconception care. You will require a detailed physical health checkup and required guidelines from a health expert. Recommended blood tests include full blood count, testing of ferritin levels and testing for rubella. Urine tests and blood pressure checkup are also vital. You can also take the package for Living Healthy - Woman.
Moreover, several measures and steps must be followed by a woman. They include the following:
- Having a proper diet with sufficient water intake along with nutritional supplements is very important.
- A woman during preconception care should quit smoking or reduce the amount of smoking profusely.
- Large amount of caffeine should be avoided. A woman should consume less caffeine containing products such as coffee, chocolates or soft drinks.
- Alcohol should be avoided strictly as it may reduce the chance of pregnancy.
- Medication without recommendation of the doctor should be avoided. A woman should not use any medicine without being prescribed by the doctor.
- Contact with any kind of chemical should be avoided and natural, environment-friendly cleaning products should be used.
- Overheating of the body should be avoided, and a woman during preconception care should keep away from spas and saunas.
- A regular exercise schedule must be taken up for health benefits regarding pregnancy. Lack of working out may give rise to various health problems in women before pregnancy.
- Any kind of stressful activity should be abstained from, and a woman during preconception care should not lift heavy objects, which cause strain.
- Relaxation techniques should be practiced by a woman to keep mentally healthy.
A woman during the preconception care period should follow all required guidelines given by a doctor. Avid care of the body should be taken to ensure a healthy childbirth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gynaecologist and ask a free question.