Find numerous Audiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Audiologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Audiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Divya MenonYour feedback matters!
I have a continuous beep in my right ear due to which I am loosing my hearing power. Kindly help me with right treatment for improving hearing power.
I am looking forward to hearing back from you and your friends and colleagues to the right thing to remember the name suggests a good idea of the day..
I am losing hear quickly and have tired all shampoos but no effect yet. I am not sure but else can I do can you please help me with this..
I am 23 year old guy. I have infection in my left ear since last 10 years. Due to that I can not hear properly. I have also taken homeopathic medicines forapprox 3.5 years. I helps in my hearing but still can not listen properly. What should I do?
सर्वे में पता चला है की आँखों ,बालों और शारीरिक खूबसूरती से ज्यादा आपकी स्माइल (मुस्कान) आपको आकर्षक बनती है।
Dear Doctors I would like know about cochlear implant. Whether It is possible at the age of 28 year man who has complete deafness by birth or any complications on this surgery and cost of the surgery? Thank you.
I am from ankleshwar (gujarat). My 6 year' s daughter have hearing problem. I make bera test from a ent doctor of surat before six-seven months. He tells me that her hearing capacity is on border line and problem will be cleared as her age is growing up, but I can' t saw any improvement in it. So, please give some suggestion how can I make my daughter normal.
Drink a plenty of water & juices to keep yourself totally healthy.
I m suffering for tinnitus for one year all reports are positive doctor say ur audiotary nerve become week sir I m now depress any solution
Hearing loss is a common sensory problem that generally develops with increasing age or due to prolonged or persistent exposure to loud noises. It is one of the most typical problems that occurs throughout the world. If you are suffering from partial hearing loss, you may find ways of keeping in touch with your family and friends. If you are not suffering from such the following may help you keep your hearing intact for years to come.
Types of hearing loss:
There are two main types of hearing loss:
1. Conductive Hearing Loss where the problem lies in the middle ear, eardrum or ossicles. A conductive hearing loss affects the passage of sound between the eardrum and the inner ear. Sound passes down the ear canal to the ear drum and through the middle ear, where the sound is transmitted across the middle ear by the three bones called the ossicles to the inner ear.
Causes of conductive hearing loss:
- Malformation of outer ear, ear canal, or middle ear structures
- Fluid in the middle ear from colds
- Ear infection (otitis media - an infection of the middle ear in which an accumulation of fluid may interfere with the movement of the eardrum and ossicles
- Poor Eustachian tube function
- Perforated eardrum
- Benign tumors
- Impacted earwax
- Infection in the ear canal
- Foreign body in the ear
2. Sensorineural Hearing Loss where there is damage in the inner ear, cochlea or hearing nerve. Sensorineural hearing loss (SNHL) occurs when there is damage to the inner ear (cochlea), or to the nerve pathways from the inner ear to the brain. Most of the time, SNHL cannot be medically or surgically corrected. This is the most common type of permanent hearing loss.
Causes of sensorineural hearing loss:
- Exposure to loud noise
- Head trauma
- Virus or disease
- Autoimmune inner ear disease
- Hearing loss that runs in the family
- Aging (presbycusis)
- Malformation of the inner ear
- Meniere's Disease
Coping with Hearing Loss:
Antibiotics and eardrops are often prescribed to treat hearing loss and its symptoms. In many cases, people suffering from severe hearing loss use hearing aids. Hearing aids are tiny instruments that people use in their ears to make sounds louder. People who suffer from hearing loss cope with their problems through increased concentration and focus. The usual way involves reading the moving lips of the person while they talk. Prevention is better than cure and is the best solution to avoid long term hearing loss. Avoiding continuous loud noises, to the possible extent helps prevent hearing loss to a great extent.