Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Divya Ganesh NallurYour feedback matters!
Hi madam this problem is related to my mind. One of my close friend is failed in his love his lover loved him a lot but she attracted by some other person and she now rejected my friend so he told every thing about his girl friend to me because he want some relaxation from those thoughts and tried to reduce the stress but in this way I was addicted by his behavior and caring then I loved him a lot but now he rejected me so my mind diverted unexpectedly that some one must love me as my loved one loved his lover and this leads to my time pass love actually now the person who loving me have so many hopes on me but my heart doesn't want him only my mind satisfied by his words I know I am wrong but what can I do? the person who is my close friend loved her lover so I want that type of love from some one of course but my heart doesn't accept any one except my close friend what can I do to reduce my wrong thoughts.
OCD or obsessive compulsive disorder is a mental condition, which traps people in a cycle of repetitive thoughts that push them to do repetitive behaviors. As the name states, the obsession over certain things compels them to do it over and over again. These actions will only help you feel relieved for a short time and soon the cycle starts back again.
Symptoms of OCD
The symptoms of OCD are classified into two groups, one for the obsessive behavior and the other for compulsive behavior. Some of the common symptoms for these are mentioned below:
As the name states this means obsessing over certain things, which varies from person to person. Some of the things could be:
- Being scared about making mistakes.
- The fear of being embarrassed in public situations.
- Constantly being scared about contamination by germs, microbes or dirt.
- Doubts about sure and simple situations and the need to be constantly reassured about them.
The obsessions usually results in compulsive behaviors, which you may need to perform to reassure and relieve yourself of the anxiety temporarily. Some of these may include:
- Trying to constantly arrange things in a certain way and still not being satisfied.
- Thoughts, words and images being stuck in your head throughout the day that may keep you disturbed and cause to lose sleep.
- You may even repeat specific words or actions multiple times as a measure of self reassurance.
- Hoarding of items, which have no value.
Causes of OCD
Biological factors: Certain chemical imbalances in the brain may lead to OCD, which may happen due to hormonal or biological changes. In fact certain infections are also known to trigger OCD in people.
Environmental factors: Certain types of mental trauma have been known to trigger OCD as well, such as
- Office, school, college or other work related stresses over a long period of time.
- The passing away of a near and dear one.
- Relationship problems.
- Repressed abuses from earlier in life.
Most treatments of OCD are categorized into two types:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy: This is a counseling based therapy where you may be slowly asked to face your fears and overcome them over a period of time.
- Medications: Antidepressants, inhibitors, or antipsychotic drugs or relaxants in various combinations may be used to treat OCD.
- Electroconvulsive therapy: Only in the rarest of cases would doctors consider electroconvulsive therapy, if the patient is a danger to themselves or others around them.
My father is suffering due to dementia disease. He has addiction in regards to smoking. So, he starts crying at small gaps and demands cigarette. Doctor please advice me any medicine which can help him sleep for few hours during the day. He is diabetic as well as has undergone bypass surgery.
Iam so un healthy. Full body pains. Can you tel me how can I grow my body. I want to fat. Can you please tel me. Wich food can I eat. speedily grow the fat.
How can I increase my sex time. I got quick spam fall and all journey was stop there. I'm in very depression. please help.
I am 35 year old. Having problem in my personal life. Too much concerned about my husband and I don't like when he talk to his female college's. Having constant fight with last 15 days. Whenever he talks to her I feel bad. I know he is not like that but I bust out n we have fight. I don't want to do such things but at that particular moment I can't. Control myself. Every time he gets angry I feel bad. But at that particular moment when he chat with her or talk to her I get angry so much. please help.
Thnk you doc fr your reply. Its relieved my stress somewhat. But make me clear wht kind of details you require further.
Hi Doctor my self i'm arjun and im chewing gutkha tobacco from last 3 years and I want to quit this habit and my age is now 18 so please suggest me.
I have suffering from fever and having pain in my whole body and also having red eyes over one week what should I do.
I love someone who maybe like me. She is of my cast. I had tried many times to convince her but she can't be against her family. Her family members do not support me. They always ignore. Due to this case i am really in big trouble. I don't know what they want. I can't contact her. If I contact her it will create problem for me and also for her. What should I have to do? suggest me please.
You if you could have have a look at my problem. please DOCTOR. I am a 20 years old female (Medico) I loved a boy who is cousin brother (undergraduate MBBS doctor) to me in relation. We are very close teach other. We spent time together at home many times. He also kissed me. We moved closely as lovers at first. He also loves me but do not move further because I am his sister n he knows how feel about him. Now I am in a situation that I can not live without him &want him in my rest of life as my life partner n I had feelings for him. I love him so much that I m afraid of losing him n marrying soon else other than him. But he tells me that" we are brother n sisters so we can not marry, you should get rid of thought of marrying each other. But I love him stomach that I want him whatever happens. He is a very good person. He s now restricting himself nrestircts me to move closely as before, thinking that I should not have no more feelings for him as our marriage as we are brother and sisters is not acceptable and should not suffer much when I get married to another person but still he cares me stomach as a sister. I even thought of moving away from him but I could now because we r that much close and also want to do so as It hurts me alot wen he says me to get rid of this. I even do not bother if we go again somewhere else and marry but he is not. He says that he can not do that n it is a wrong thing. Now I m in a situation that I cry for him, thinking about this can not concentrate on my studies but I still have feelings n hope for him unlike him. I want him. I love him soo much. Is this right? What should I do to get him. Even I know that it is wrong I can not forget him n I want him forever I feel that life without him is a hell n can not sacrifice loved ones thinking of family though I know we r brother n sisters. Please I think you can understand.
I'm completing my post graduation in end of this year. I still not got any job I in depression. Full of negative thoughts is moving in head. I can't sleep well that's why health is going down. Please give me suggestion.
There are at 5 instances during each day when I feel that time is repeating itself. Like I have already been in that situation, already heard what I am hearing etc. Request you to please help me understand what it is.
Hi Dr. I am suffering frm depression & anxiety since 16 yrs. In 1999 Dr. gave me tryp ch oxtin 20 & zapiz. 5, after 1 years Dr. change my med & gave me depran 10 along with tryp 10, since 14 years I am taking depran & tryp 10, now this med is not working Dr. change my molecule & gave me. Zyven od plus 100 along with amazeo 50. I want 2 know this is this right med 4 me, is there any side effect reg sex, I am married man & I have 3 children. I never start this med, first I want to ask you first pls Dr. suggest me as same. Thanking you.
How Smoking Impacts Your Organs?
As you inhale cigarette smoke, about 7000 carcinogens stir the crevices of your body. In India, about 3,00,000 people die every year due to smoking-related issues.
Here's a list of 5 such organs, which are the most affected by cigarette smoke.
1. Your lungs - Your lungs are probably the first organs to bear the wrath of cigarette smoke. Majority of the lung cancer cases are due to smoking. Other diseases include bronchitis and emphysema. This smoke paralyzes the cilia lining the inner walls so much so that it overproduces mucous. When the mucous builds, respiration suffers. Asthma and cancer follow.
2. Your Skin - Your skin also gets affected up to a huge extent if you smoke. You could have deep circles under your eyes, wrinkles on your skin, and stretch marks, if you continue smoking over time. Also, there lies the risk of major health issues like skin warts, psoriasis, skin cancer, and wounds, which may take longer to heal.
3. Your Penis - Studies revealed that you can take longer for an erection and find it difficult to maintain it if you are a heavy smoker. Studies have also revealed that men who quit smoking had longer and firmer erections.
4. Your Liver - Smoking increases the chances of you suffering from liver cancer dramatically. According to studies, half of the liver cancer cases are due to smoking. Obesity can also take place if you're a heavy smoker.
5. Your Eyes - Smoking affects your eyes to the extent of making you blind. Partial vision loss, glaucoma, cataracts, dry eye syndrome, and diabetic retinopathy are some of the other diseases you are susceptible to if you smoke.
Despite the negative effects, quitting smoking can save you from all of these potential health hazards.
Here are some ways to help you quit smoking.
1. Nicotine Replacement Therapy - There are a few nicotine replacement tools in the form of nicotine nasal sprays and nicotine inhaler, which you can use to quit smoking.
2. Chew on something - You should try to chew on some candy, or a gum, or anything crunchy and satisfying once you start getting restless for a cigarette or any other form of nicotine. That usually helps.
3. Relaxation techniques - If you are resisting tobacco strongly, it can be very stressful indeed. Take a break from whatever you are doing and go out for a walk, practice muscle relaxation, yoga or deep breathing to keep the craving out of the way.
4. Get involved in some physical work - Getting involved in some work will surely go a long way in reducing your craving. You can also try out physical exercises like squats, running, or jogging. Otherwise, you can also indulge in some needlework, or anything, which involves concentration or physical work. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!