Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Divya Ganesh Nallur
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Divya Ganesh NallurYour feedback matters!
The foremost thing that you can do to save your relationship is get your spouse treated for depression. When you are depressed, whether it is because of your relationship with your partner or some other reason, you must make joint efforts to save your relationship. Non depressed spouse has to take the lead. A relationship cannot go further only with the patience of one partner. Efforts and care of both the partners go hand in hand.
However, there are few things you can do even when you or your partner is depressed.
1. Communication: Don’t stop communicating with your partner. It’s very important to understand your partner’s viewpoint and to make him understand your viewpoint. Until, both of you share your thoughts and concerns; you will not be able to save the relationship.
2. Think about your commitment: When you are depressed, you might make your partner responsible for all the wrong things. You need to be wise. Don’t let one bad moment spoil your years of relationship. Think of the commitment you have made to your partner and then you might handle the situation in a more loving way.
3. Don’t leave your partner alone for longer time: After presenting your viewpoint, you must give your partner some time to digest everything. What is easy for you might be difficult for him and what is difficult for you might be easy for him? In such a case, you need to leave him alone for some time but do take care that this silence shouldn’t continue for a longer time.
4. Don’t play blame games: If you are depressed, you shouldn’t let your partner suffer from that. Do not strain the relationship any further by playing blame games. That will not help. When your spouse says something that seems negative try not to personalize it, even if it's directed at you. Attribute it to the state of depression.
While this can be a very difficult time for both you and your spouse, you can weather this storm with compassion and empathy.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I proposed that girl and he also love me but when I reach to her house he doesn't talk to me. And he avoid me in presence of any person. Then I got depressed.
Depression follows the trajectory opposite to contentment. It has adverse effects on a person's mental and physical health. Being depressive is not a choice; it is a condition. The fact that despondency is not an elected way of life is a mystery to many. People surrounding a depressed person should make conscious efforts in treating them with love and dignity. Subjecting a person to strict deadlines, stringent rules or excessive pressure could worsen their situation.
Ways to tackle a depressed family member:
- Create occasions to enjoy a hearty laugh: If you have a family member suffering from depression you should probably share the benefits of laughter with him or her. Laughter is the best medicine to remedy acute depression. Look for opportunities to crack a joke or make the concerned person play with a pet. You can also take the person to watch humorous movies.
- "You are impossible" is the worst way of approaching a problem: In many cases a depressed person is reported with instances of negativity. Though the expressed negativity makes you feel morbid, do not give up on your family member. The person involuntarily finds reasons to feel hopeless. You should never think the case is beyond any kind of betterment.
- Keep them in a positive environment: Positive ideas can counter dejection. Help the person plan for a great future. Lay stress on how important that person is to you and to the world in general. Keeping one's mind creatively occupied can prove to be effective. Music or any other passion for that matter can help a person get over phases of depression.
- You should not associate depression with perpetual sadness: Depression can have plenty of symptoms. The symptoms vary from one person to another. While some people lack in motivation some might want to harm themselves or others. Many become a recluse. The minute you associate depression with sadness you limit your overview of the actual problem.
- Help the family member take his or her medicines diligently: While counseling helps a few patients of depression some others require medication. A bout of depression will dissuade a person from sticking to his or her medical routine. As a loved one it is your due responsibility to persuade him or her to take medicines regularly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.