Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. DivyaYour feedback matters!
I have a problem that my food is not digest properly by this I am getting thin day by day and I have hair fall also so what should I do?
I have so many pimples in my face, if they are going automatically new comes and it is very painful when I touch it ! I am suffering from this for many months ago. Please help me fast asap.
On my thigh there is a some kind of infection. Its like a pimple but its getting big day by day it hurts and some time it bleeds. Now iys big. please help.
I am 18 years old girl. I have pcod due to which my body and face both are fully covered with thick and coarse hairs (mainly called hirsutism). Is there any way to cure hirsutism permanently? Any medicine any treatment. Anything? Please help me out.
I am 24years old and want to get rid of pimples. But i get a red mark of that pimple on my cheeks please help me to ged the rid of red marks or blemishes portion of my skin?
I'm getting fungal infections regularly and I have hair falling problem. I request you to advice me to get rid of these problems.
Hello Doctors. Please Give Me some Permanent Solution to Get rid of Dark circles? Please. Some thing that which will really Works. Thank You.
I have black spot on my face how can I cure my acne. Black head created on face and my face is oily by this. I have no allergy but face is so oily by dusts. And dry after face wash rashes red. Please give some solutions.
I have dark circles under eyes even after I was sleeping for more dan 8 hrs. Pls suggest home remedies for it which results asap. Do not advice to use Medicinal or tubular suspects.
Hello Doctor! I've got my piercings done in ears (4cm above pinna) and nose. It's been a month and everything was okay, unless since a couple of days, found inflammation in three of the piercings. The one in nose has got a small bump around the pierced point, little painful. Please suggest any medication or any precaution.
A heart transplant is an operation in which a failing, diseased heart is replaced with a healthier, donor heart. Heart transplant is a treatment that's usually reserved for people who have tried medications or other surgeries, but their conditions haven't sufficiently improved.
While a heart transplant is a major operation, your chance of survival is good, with appropriate follow-up care.
When faced with a decision about having a heart transplant, know what to expect of the heart transplant process, the surgery itself, potential risks and follow-up care.
Why it's done
Heart transplants are performed when other treatments for heart problems haven't worked, leading to heart failure. In adults, heart failure can be caused by several conditions, including:
- A weakening of the heart muscle (cardiomyopathy)
- Coronary artery disease
- Heart valve disease
- A heart problem you're born with (congenital heart defect)
- Dangerous recurring abnormal heart rhythms (ventricular arrhythmias) not controlled by other treatments
- Failure of a previous heart transplant
- In children, heart failure is most often caused by either a congenital heart defect or a cardiomyopathy.
Another organ transplant may be performed at the same time as a heart transplant (multiorgan transplant) in people with certain conditions at select medical centers. Multiorgan transplants include:
- Heart-kidney transplant. This procedure may be an option for some people with kidney failure in addition to heart failure.
- Heart-liver transplant. This procedure may be an option for people with certain liver and heart conditions.
- Heart-lung transplant. Rarely, doctors may suggest this procedure for some people with severe lung and heart diseases, if the conditions aren't able to be treated by only a heart transplant or lung transplant.
Factors that may affect your eligibility for a heart transplant
A heart transplant isn't the right treatment for everyone. Certain factors may mean you're not a good candidate for a heart transplant. While each case is considered individually by a transplant center, a heart transplant may not be appropriate if you:
- Are an advanced age that would interfere with the ability to recover from transplant surgery
- Have another medical condition that could shorten your life, regardless of receiving a donor heart, such as a serious kidney, liver or lung disease
- Have an active infection
- Have a recent personal medical history of cancer
- Are unwilling or unable to make lifestyle changes necessary to keep your donor heart healthy, such as not drinking alcohol or not smoking
What happens after the transplant?
Most people leave hospital within about four weeks of the operation, but depending on your condition, you may need to stay in hospital for longer.
In the first few months after your surgery you will need to spend a lot of time visiting the hospital – you might even need to stay near the transplant centre. Your transplant team will talk to you about practical arrangements for after your surgery.
Although you will be weak after the operation, recovery can be very quick. It is important to build up your level of activity gradually. You should avoid activities involving lifting and pushing until your breastbone is fully healed, which can take up to three or four months.
Once you feel fit and able, you can start doing things like light vacuuming or light gardening. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.