Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. DivakaraYour feedback matters!
My daughter was diagnosed with Crohn's 3 years ago. She was advised not to take any medication without the consultation from her gastro. Presently she has sore throat. Which medicine can she take?
Regular headache from pst three yrs Sharp pain in eyes Pain in leg Gastric prob Excess weakness High bp lik 100: 150 Some says its all due to bp someone said its nerve pain Mind is also not working properly.
My age is 62 years, I am suffering from Prostate Cancer. I received radiation therapy of 42 sittings during june & July 2014 at HCG hospital, Bangalore and taking harmony therapy simultaneously for the last 1 1/2 years. And also I am diabetic. 6 months back CT Scan showed that the Prostate is normal. Let me know whether any chance of spreading to other organs in future.
i am having constipation, pimples and menstruation problems I am fed up with my pimples and constipation problem.
If I have common cold should I immediately rely on medicines or should I wait for it to cure itself?
Sir I am 61 year old and still have interest in having sex but my peny is small and does not stand if with difficulties it stand it goes down in a seconds I can not have penetrative sex I took homeopathic for four months but still no improvement I have erectile dysfunction what to do any other method to get rid of this problem.
Why Heavy sweating observed in some actions like function, presentation given, ate breakfast or lunch? How to reduce it?
When I sleep I do suffer from headache maximum times it only happened when I met with accident before three years please do suggest me what to do to get rid of it. Thank you.
What is transsphenoidal surgery and its process. Are there any post surgical complications in it and how much follow up does it requires?
Although a vegetable, garlic is primarily classified as a spice and is used in many dishes across cultures. However, apart from the pungent smell which is the most known characteristic of garlic, it also has medicinal properties and thus, was even used by healers for various ailments before the advent of modern medicine.
Some of the reasons garlic is considered healthy:
Garlic is considered healthy for a multitude of reasons. Let's look at some of the ailments that garlic can prevent as well as help in healing.
- Great Against Common Cold: Garlic and garlic based homemade treatments are great ways to ward off the common cold. Garlic contains the chemical "allicin" which is known to aid health within the body. Having a few cloves or garlic can help you fight the common cold infection.
- It is Known to Improve Bone Health: Garlic is known to be very beneficial for bone health, especially in menopausal women. Women may encounter bone loss during menopause as the production of estrogen is lowered. Garlic encourages estrogen production which can stop bone loss and even protect against bone problems such as osteoarthritis.
- Is an effective agent in Lowering Blood Pressure: Hypertension is a known killer all across the world. Garlic contains polysulfides which are effective in vasodilation or the widening of the blood vessels and also relaxation of the muscles. This helps blood pressure being lowered within the body and is an effective home remedy if consumed in controlled amounts.
- Reduces Fatigue and is a Performance Enhancer: Garlic is known to reduce fatigue within people as it controls the heart rate by lowering blood pressure. Whether it is an athletic performance or other physical work related performance requirements, this spice tends to give an extra boost.
- Controls LDL Cholesterol, thereby reducing chances of Heart Disease: LDL cholesterol, also known as bad cholesterol, is controlled by allicin as it improves liver functions. The liver can then break down LDL cholesterol easily and thus also helps in preventing arteriosclerosis. Garlic is also known to prevent blood clots that lead to heart attacks.
- Garlic has anti-parasitic and anti-bacterial properties: Garlic has been known throughout the ages to be an effective anti-bacterial and anti-parasitic agent. Garlic extracts or small amounts of garlic in your diet can help you build up immunity and also kill infections within your system effectively. It is also known to be very effective against tapeworm infestations within the gut.