Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dinesh GowdaYour feedback matters!
Sir I have serious hair fall. And weaknesses and illness. I m getting vomiting 3yo4 times per day. please help me. I m in trouble.
I was suffering from chickenpox last .My body became so weak and there are a lot of scar on my whole body (face) how can get rid of.
My child age 6 year fall on road. Done x ray which is normal. But having scratch on knee not drying given antibiotic and analgesic. What to do so pain and scratches dry soon.
My hair very losing. Can you help me to grou up my hair. My relations hav not kashandi head. sincerely you must help me pleas.
Good morning sir. My age was 20. I would like to know how to reduce black spots on face and pimples?. Even I tried so many medicines there is no result. Suggest me a medicine to reduce them.
I very dippresed because of the pimples that appears in ma face. Please help me with a suitable solution. I'm in trouble with this.
Hello I am sadiq I am 17 years old and I hav pimples on my face not proper pimples bht some r there wash my face 3 times a day but there is no change I also do cleansing every night but no change so can you plzz suggest me something that I can do to get rid of these pimples and if the process is not medicated it would very nice some home remedy would be better Thank you.
I m 19 year old and I n loosing my hair I am getting baldness. I try many hair products and maditions by my hair still going. What should I do now?
Hii Doctor, can I use melalong cream for getting brighter and white skin tone. Or does it leads to Vitiligo because of hydroquinone present in melalong. Because even if a family person contains Vitiligo. Can we safely use it?
In my head more dandruff created. And also number of amount hair falling problem. So which oil I use for mitigation for this.
At any point of time, only 90% of your hair is growing. The remaining 10% is resting and falls off after 2 to 3 months to make space for new hair follicles. Thus, while it is normal to shed a few strands of hair a day is normal, waking up to find multiple strands of hair on your pillow can be a nightmare for anyone.
Hair loss can be of many types and in order to treat it, you must first figure what type of hair loss you suffer from. Some of the main types of hair loss are:
- Involutional alopecia: This type of hair loss affects people who are middle aged and older. In such cases, more and more hair follicles go into the resting phase after which they fall off. The hair that remains becomes shorter and brittle making it easier to break.
- Telogen effluvium: Telogen effluvium is a temporary condition that causes changes in the hair follicle’s growth cycle and puts a number of hair follicles into the resting phase simultaneously. This is often experienced after a stressful event like a severe illness, childbirth, stress or sudden weight loss, and can last for anywhere between a few weeks to a few months.
- Male and female pattern baldness: For males, hair loss at the top of the scalp in an ‘M’ shape which gradually turns into a ‘U’ around the side of the head is a sign of pattern baldness. This condition makes hair follicle thinner, shorter and brittle and is triggered by genetic conditions. For women, this condition begins with hair loss at the crown and gradually progresses to complete baldness. Both male and female pattern baldness have very gradual hair loss and so you may not notice significant thinning until quite late.
- Patchy hair loss: One of the most noticeable symptoms of this type of hair loss is one or two smooth, hairless spots. Apart from the scalp, it can also affect the eyebrows, arms, legs and facial hair. In most cases, this has a sudden onset and is temporary. However, when hair grows back in one bald spot, it may fall out from another. In some cases, the hair may not fall out but may break, leaving behind patches of extremely short hair.
- Tinea capitis: This is a contagious fungal infection that affects the scalp of school-going children. It makes hair in certain patches or all over the scalp break off and triggers inflammation in the scalp. Pus-filled sores and a scaly scalp are other symptoms of this condition.
- Trichotillomania: Hair fall can also be triggered if you twist or pull your own hair. This psychological disorder often affects children and causes hair loss by breakage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.