Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Dillep JawaliYour feedback matters!
I am 54 year old male having enlarged prostate and am under medication. I am having fluid less ejaculation for about 3 ~ 4 weeks. Is there anything to worry?
Hello doctor .if creatinine level rises to 1.8 what does it signs and how to reduce creatinine and uric acid in blood.
What are causes for offensive gases generated from anus? How does we overcome this problem? What are foods to avoid ? Do you consider as amebiasis?
My husband needs to go to urinate three times at night daily. Even during the day he urinates a lot. His prostate has enlarged. How can he solve this problem?
I am 23 yrs old female . I felt pain during urination and sensation of urinate frequently. Later I drunk lot of water and coccunut water. It become 10 days but sometimes I didnot feel pain if I takes fruit juices but sometimes pain s there. What I have to do?
I have digestion problem pain in lower abdomen not able to urinate properly and even bowel movement is also painful I found problems during erecting for sexuAl activities.
I am having frequent urination for every 2-3 hours. I am not diabetic.. Checked for tests. Whom do I consult.
I am suffering form unusual urine problems specially in summer season some jelly like substance come from urine which very pain at time also it also come during if I wake without any footwear.
One single kidney in place of two is a scenario which is often termed as solitary kidney.
Who has a solitary kidney?
- Their body functions normally and are generally not unhealthy. This is also known as renal agenesis.
- In some cases, people are born with two kidneys with just one of them healthy and fully functional. The other one does not function fully or partially. This condition is known as kidney dysplasia.
- A person who had to undergo a kidney removal surgery (nephrectomy); such a surgery is conducted when a person has an infected kidney or diseased, malfunctioning/cancerous growths on the kidney.
- A person who has donated a kidney to someone who required kidney transplantation.
What potential health risks does a person with a solitary kidney have?
- Normally, a person born with a single kidney does not have any such potential health risks. They are generally healthy and lead normal lives.
- Later in life, there may or may not be slight loss or degradation in the functioning of the kidney.
- The life span of a person with a single kidney is normal. There is no apparent effect on the mortality rates.
What kind of special diet must a person with a single kidney follow?
- There is no need of any such special diet for a person with a single kidney.
- Normal healthy balanced diet with all the essential nutrients should suffice.
- You must be careful about your animal protein intake and calcium supplements.
- Drink sufficient quantity of water to remain hydrated all day and prevent the urine from turning acidic.
- Controlled consumption of alcohol and caffeine is a must. It is also important to reduce the consumption of aerated drinks.
Exercises and Physical activities for a person with a single kidney:
- A person with a solitary kidney can function like any other normal individual.
- You may also participate in sports. However, you must take enough precaution to prevent injuries to your kidney. Proper padding and protection around your lower abdominal region and back is of utmost necessity.
- You can hit the gym, run a marathon and nothing is impossible for you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.