Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Dilip RangarajanYour feedback matters!
Hi Please suggest me with it. Impression Mild hydroureteronethrosis rpd=10 mm-? uterus calculus What could be the problem and please suggest necessary medication or prevention.
Hello sir, I had right kidney pain yesterday ,done with scanning, said that I have a 5 mm ureteric calculus, it is in the passage (urethra). Is it possible to remove through drinking of fluids or any tabs. Sir if stone is appeared for once ,do it continues next year's in my life time. What kind of food should I avoid to eat. Help me in this regards sir Thank you.
I am suffering from regular urine and pain in bladder night time I pass urine 4 times how Wii I over come this problem?
I drink 4-5 liters of water daily. But I need go for urination after I drink a liter of water. I go after every 15-20 minutes. Is it normal or Do I have some problem in urinating or in bladder? Please reply soon!
I have been suffering from Chronic Kidney disease for two year now serum Creatinine: 2.7 and Uria creatinine is 56. What treatment can cure me. Currently, I am taking Varunadi Vati, Punarnava Vati, Rencare formula and Mutrakichantaka powder. Is there any other medication that can expedite my recovery?
When I eat non veg, dairy food ,heavy food or sometimes normal food next morning At the time of urination white colored liquid and sometimes plasma state passes away don't know whether it is semen or protein leakage anything else is it normal.?
I am student of age 21 and I am smoker but now I want to quit. I am smoking from 2 years. I am going in mnc company and they have their further pre joining process. Of medical Just I want to confirm in stool test nicotine appears and in urine and in blood Please help me and also tell me some currucilum activities so that my body tar should me removed.
I want to know that any patient of CKD (chronic kidney disease) as per Doctors stage 5 and is on dialysis for last 1.5 years and her creatinine level is apx 10 and urea apx. 125 before dialysis and after dialysis is 6-7 and 70-80 respectively. Can her kidneys revive by homeopathic treatment. Age is 47. She is also a patient of epilepsy for last 28 years.
6 Ayurvedic Remedies For Treating Kidney Stones Naturally!
A kidney stone is a hard crystal-like material or growth that is formed inside the kidney or the urinary tract. The medical term for this condition is nephrolithiasis. Here are a few natural ways by which you can get rid of kidney stones without having them removed surgically:
- Lemon juice and olive oil: This remedy says that blending five spoons of olive oil with five spoons of lemon juice can be beneficial. Drink this mix on an empty stomach and after that drink a glass of water. You need to mix this potion and drink it straight first thing in the morning and again in the late evening. Make sure to drink a lot of water too. Proceed with this treatment for a few days until the stone passes through your urine. It is believed that the lemon juice could separate the kidney stones and the olive oil would help in providing grease for passing the stone all the more effectively.
- Pomegranate juice: We have all heard that pomegranates have numerous medical advantages. Further, the seeds of pomegranates can be viewed as another characteristic solution for kidney stones. One can have pomegranate juice in order to handle kidney stones.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is made of citrus extract that could help in dissolving kidney stones and help the body pass the stones more effortlessly. What is more, it is trusted that apple cider vinegar helps in the avoidance of kidney stones in the first place by neutralising the impact on blood and urine and keep the kidney stones from advancing. This home cure prescribes that blending two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with six to eight spoons of water and drinking the blend every now and again for the duration of the day, and particularly before dinner times will end up breaking up kidney stones.
- Natural celery: Celery is a leafy vegetable and celery seeds are great kidney tonics. Customary usage of celery seed, as a flavour or as a tea, may improve the kidney stone problem.
- Coke and asparagus: Basic home solutions for kidney stones includes drinking a lot of Coke and tailing it up by eating a half-pound of steamed asparagus. Supporters of this technique propose that the phosphoric corrosive found in Coke helps in dissolving the kidney stones. Asparagus is used as a diuretic. Coke alone will dehydrate you, which is not ideal in case you are experiencing kidney stones.
- Uva ursi: Uva Ursi is a very natural remedy for kidney stones. Not just will it battle off disease in the kidneys, however, it might also lessen pain and improve the health of the urinary tract. 500mg three times each day is prescribed for kidney stones.
Though these are home remedies, it is still advisable that one should not go for self medication and should consult a Ayurvedic practitioner to know the correct dosage and usage.
I have problem of frequent maturation since childhood. Now I am 21 but till about 13 I suffered from bed wetting that was cured by homeopathic medicine but the problem of frequent maturation still sustains. Is it diabetes or it may be any other problem? And also sometimes I feel like when I urinate some drops don't come out and when I sneez or cough it comes out. please suggest me possible ways to cure it. Thank you.
From last 10 day I have suffered back pain nd urinal pain continuously. In my Urinal Report RBC showing 10-13 RBC/HPF. What this mean. Nd further investigation.
What are the possible Ayurvedic and Homeopathic treatments for Patients on Dialysis to reduce the urea creatinine levels.
Urine is normally pale yellow or straw coloured. However, for various reasons, this can change. In fact, the change in the colour of urine is one of the first indications of a deeper underlying problem. This would also be one of the questions that the doctor would ask when suspecting any problem with the urinary tract, starting from infection to stones to cancer.
Hematuria is, therefore, a symptom and not a problem in itself. Some of the reasons for hematuria – presence of blood cells in the urine, producing a light pinkish urine, are listed below.
Urinary tract infections – starting from urethra all the way up to the kidneys
Tumours/cancers in the kidney, bladder, or prostate
Heavy exercises causing trauma to any of the internal urinary tract organs
As the disease progresses higher in the urinary tract, the severity of hematuria also increases. Though hematuria is a symptom in itself, there are some associated symptoms which are listed below-
Urge to urinate
Feeling of incomplete emptying
Nocturnal urination (if prostate is enlarged)
Kidney pain (with stones especially)
Homeopathy believes in treating the person as a whole and not just the presenting symptoms. The doctor will ask a number of questions, some pertaining to unrelated organs, which will help them identify the reason for the hematuria. The treatment prescribed will be customised to the patient in question, but some of the common ingredients used in hematuria management are given below.
Hematuria from all causes can be managed with Terebinthina.
Bladder hematuria is better managed with Erigeron Canadense at 80% concentration while renal hematuria responds better to the same at 60% dilution.
Inflammatory hematuria can be reduced with Cantharis (80%)
Renal hematuria is better managed with Gossypium herbaceous (60%).
Renal colic with pain in the glans, groyne, and thighs responds well to Pereira brava.
Cocus cacti thrice a day is useful where there is itching of the urinary meatus along with the passing of red-coloured urine.
When there are small stones or sand particles in the urine along with pain at the end of the micturition process, Sarsaparilla thrice a day is known to be beneficial.
In some other people, Arnica Montana, Cantharis, phosphorus, and Hepar Sulphur are also used to relieve symptoms of hematuria.
As with any homeopathic treatment, the actual ingredient chosen would depend on the actual symptom that the patient presents with. Though these compounds are used, self-medication is not advisable. Talk to a specialized homeopath who will identify the right ingredient for a given clinical presentation.
Urinary incontinence is a health condition in men, which is caused by loss of bladder control. Urinary incontinence usually occurs in cases of medical conditions such as an enlarged prostate, Parkinson's disease and diabetes, and may also occur after a prostate surgery. Urinary incontinence is an irritating and embarrassing condition, but with proper treatment, it can be cured. There are several ways to treat this condition which include home remedies as well as medications and surgery.
Here are several methods used to treat urinary incontinence:
- Caffeine, soda and carbonated drinks cause irritation in the bladder and worsen the symptoms of urinary incontinence. Alcohol is a diuretic and increases the amount of urine too. So abstain from coffee, alcohol and soft drinks to make a difference.
- Dietary adjustments are required for the treatment of urinary incontinence. Several spicy and acidic food items can make urinary incontinence worse. Hence, you should avoid having such foods for some time.
- Urinary incontinence can lead to stress and you must get rid of it for better health. You can try relaxation techniques, such as meditation and breathing exercises. Biofeedback is another option by which you can observe your bladder muscle contractions on a monitor.
- You should try a behavioral technique known as bladder training. This would require you to urinate every half hour, in spite of not having the urge. Slowly try to increase the time in between the bathroom breaks.
- You need to flex your muscles to gain control over urinary incontinence. Kegel exercises can be practiced as they boost the strength of your pelvic muscles.
- You should find the right muscles that are required to stop the passing of gas.
- Pads and disposable undergarments can be used by men. These help in containing leaks and also protect the skin from irritation and odor.
There are several medicines, which help in the treatment of urinary incontinence in men. Some of these work to relax muscles for preventing unwanted bladder contractions, while others help in blocking the nerve signals to the bladder. Drugs used for the shrinking and treatment of an enlarged prostate are also used as blocked by prostate lead to bladder irritation. Now-a-days, more than 80% cases of incontinence in males respond well to medications.
Surgery may be the ultimate option for the treatment of urinary incontinence. Options depend on the cause of incontinence. If it is because of obstructing prostate, prostate surgery by TURP / HOLEP is curative. If it is because of bladder overactivity, BOTOX injection in bladder is useful. If it is TRUE incontinence after radical prostate surgery then treatment include a male sling or artificial urinary sphincter implantation. In sling operations, a type of material is wrapped around the urethra for compressing it. In Artificial sphincter implantation, a cuff is used in order to close the urethra. Urine is released by squeezing the pump to open the cuff. A Interstim device similar to a pacemaker is used to stimulate nerves, which help in relaxing the bladder and pelvic floor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.