Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Dilip KYour feedback matters!
How can I improve my digestive system, I could not digest milk only milk. If I consume it, it results lots of vomits which r unstoppable sometimes.
I left smoking 15 days ago. Now I am suffering from Constipation and acidity. I am not able to understand if this is because of smoking or not if it is due to smoking. Please help me how to get rid of these problems.
I had an anal abscess some days ago. I took antibiotics and it has healed, but a small bump at the corner of anus is remained. It is painless, but little swelled. There is no itchiness and little reddish in colour. I am taking stiz bath regularly. But it's not healing. Is there something serious? How to heal it please suggest.
Hi. Something rolling like small ball in upper portion to stomach. Indigestion I'm getting rectum pain before &after going to lertrin. Why happening like this?
Irritable bowel syndrome is a disorder, which generally affects the colon (large intestine). It usually show symptoms like abdominal pain, cramping, bloating, diarrhea, gas and constipation. IBS is a long term condition. It can result in sudden mood swings, depression and thus, holds you back from living your life to the fullest. IBS can be controlled by managing lifestyle, stress and managing your diet. Medication and counseling could also be required to manage IBS.
Symptoms of IBS:
1. Immense cramping and pain.
2. A feeling that your belly is bloated all the time
3. Severe gas
4. Alternating and sudden bouts of constipation and diarrhea.
5. Presence of mucus in the feces.
Whenever you experience such kind of symptoms, it is always advisable that you must consult a doctor, so that it doesn't lead to a serious condition.
When should you consult a doctor for IBS?
IBS is not a chronic disorder and can be controlled by home remedies. It may also require medical treatment if the symptoms become acute and persist for too long. If you experience certain symptoms like rectal bleeding, weight loss and heavy abdominal pain that might increase at night, you may be at a risk for colon cancer. If such symptoms persist, you should visit a doctor as soon as possible.
Causes of IBS:
- Foods: Most people are susceptible to IBS if they consume foods like spices, fats, fruits, cabbage, beans, broccoli, cauliflower, carbonated beverage, milk or alcohol. These foods irritate the lining of the stomach and trigger IBS. However, the trigger may vary from person to person.
- Stress: Signs and symptoms of IBS can also increase if you are very stressed out. Stress makes your muscles too worked up and this may result in IBS. However, you should know that stress aggravates or triggers the symptoms but doesn’t cause IBS.
- Hormones: Women are more likely to develop IBS. Fluctuations in the hormonal cycle can trigger IBS. This usually occurs around or during menstruation.
- Other illnesses: Sometimes illness such as gastroenteritis (infectious diarrhea) or bacterial overgrowth in the intestines can trigger symptoms of IBS.
- Age: You will be more likely to develop IBS if you are 45 years of age or above.
- Hereditary: People having a family history of IBS are more susceptible to develop IBS.
- Mental problems: Depression, personality disorder, anxiety and a history of sexual abuse can also trigger symptoms of IBS.
Doctor, I am suffering from severe gastric problem and becoming worst day by day. Nose burning, pain in my throat and chest and burning in my stomach. When I pass motion it burns like fire. Feeling difficult to breath. At mid night I wake up suddenly with acid reflux in my chest and nose blockage. I am getting allergy phlegm which is not stopping since from 3 months. My throat has become sore and painful. Chest tightness. What is the best and immediate remedy for this. Please suggest. I am 44 years old Female.
I start feeling low and fearful about my health issues. I almost freeze into inaction. This has happened due to series of health problems like Angioplasty of heart, Back pain, acidity.
I want to improve my digestion. So please suggest me some tip or medicine I can improve my digestion.
I have gerd gastro esophageal reflux disease from 2 years Is it advisable to go for fundoplication surgery.
Hi, im asking about my mother she is suffering from urine infection, after the treatment she is having huge acidity now she can not eat any things she is vomit continue after having food. Please suggest me what is the best solution for her. She is now 48 years old. Please help us.
Croup or ‘Kali Khansi’, as it is called in local parlance, is recognized by a loud cough that often sounds like the barking of a seal. It can cause rapid or difficult breathing, and sometimes wheezing. Croup is thought to be caused by a virus, but reflux acidity has been suggested as a possible trigger.
In gastroesophageal reflux disease, stomach acid causes swelling and inflammation of the larynx, which narrows the airway. It can trigger more swelling with any kind of viral or respiratory infection.
Identifying children with gastroesophageal reflux disease could help treat and improve recurring croup. It is unusual for a child to have three or more bouts of croup over a short period of time. These children need to be evaluated.
The same is true for adults also. Patients with non responding asthma should be investigated for underlying acidity as the cause of acute asthma.
YOu can ask me privately in any doubts