Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dilip DeshpandeYour feedback matters!
Dear doctor I would like to know about my daughter growth issue. Actually she was early born at the time of 9th month starting then she was only 1.8 kg know she was 3.2 and age 2 months 11 days my worry is only her hands and legs are looking short. Pls let me know on her growth.
My baby boy is 6 months 3 week old I hv gvn him suji kheer, apple puree, moong dal water, chikko (chikko which he dint lik it) so should I give him again tmrw or what more things should I give in breakfast lunch & dinner.
My baby is one month old. While sleeping he is not closing his mouth. Sometimes he sticking his tongue out? Is it normal?
How scared are you of root canals? what if we tell you. You no longer need to be?
Root canals are easily one of the most dreaded treatments in the world. I have seen patients compare the anxiety they feel before a root canal to things like open heart surgery and labour. The last thing you want to hear on a dental chair is the diagnosis that you need a root canal. The horror stories surrounding this dental treatment range from gruesome to excruciating.
This article is an attempt to dispel the mystery and pain associated with root canals and show you how far we have come from the horrors to the sophistication of the latest technology.
From painful to pleasing
What are root canals really?
In its simplest sense a root canal is a deep filling done by cleaning the infection from the third and innermost layer of the tooth which is made up of nerves and blood vessels.
Our tooth is made up of 3 layers the first 2 are hard and confined layers called enamel and dentin when decay affects these it is very slow to spread and easy to remove and fill within one short session.
The third layer may take 1-3 sessions to clean as the infection may have spread or collected in the supporting tooth structures.
Why are root canals considered painful?
The 3rd layer of our tooth is a nerve chamber containing soft nerves and blood vessels in communication with the rest of our body.
This is the place that communicates pain to our brain and this is why when decay or bacteria hit this soft deeper layer we experience sharp shooting pain.
Top 3 reasons why root canals used to be painful
Improper or inadequate anesthesia to numb the inflamed nerve
Mechanical instrumentation to manually pull out the nerve which we now dissolve and clean with automated machines
Lack of the right medications to use within the tooth.
What happens to root canal infections if left untreated?
If this pain is suppressed with medication and not treated it can lead to an infection spreading within the bone which may later lead to a swelling with pus etc.
If this infection is left within it can eat into the supporting bone and eventually infect or affect the adjacent teeth as well.
Sir ek 1 month ka kids hai or us ko jaundice hua hai or us ki maa ko bhai jaundice hai or jondis ka bhi dava chal rha h .or baache ka stomach full gya h or ek medical se medicine le ya hi I wants to ask ki kya mai use gas ka medicine de sakta hu.
My son is 3 months old and I don't allow him to suck his fingers fearing that it would cause infection, I am very much concern now whether to allow him to suck his fingers or not.
Hi my son is 17 days old jab woh toilet karne ke samay bohat rota hai and pressure bhi deta hai aisa kyu ho raha hai.
World Diabetes Day is celebrated on 14 November, each year. It is the primary global awareness campaign for diabetes as it is one of the major problem of today's time. With an upsurge in the number of people suffering from diabetes, the sole aim of celebrating this day is to create awareness about this disease and suggest preventive measures to those who have not acquired it and provide tips to manage it to those who are living with it.
So, here are 15 health tips that will help you manage your diabetes effectively:
- You should quit smoking as it is very bad for diabetic patients. Smoking leads to narrowing of the blood vessels, which reduces proper blood circulation.
- You have to track your exercise patterns. Take actual notes about your exercise habits and make necessary changes based on the record.
- Eliminate fast food from your diet. Avoid eating out at restaurants and avoid taking extra salt, sugar and calories. You should cook your meals at home with light ingredients and less salt and sugar.
- Diabetes severely affects your vision and blindness is and blindness is a serious problem which may occur. Hence, get your vision checked regularly to prevent retinopathy.
- Avoid having quick coffees. Fancy cups of coffee are full of sugar, which lead to glucose and insulin fluctuation in your body.
- You must stay active and fit. This is the most important lifestyle choice for any diabetic patient. By exercising, you will maintain a good shape, your metabolism gets boosted and the insulin production increases as well.
- You should use a pedometer to calculate how much you are moving each day while exercising.
- Try to consume fruits and vegetables. By trying new vegetables and fruits, you will be able to keep your blood sugar under check and see how your body reacts.
- You must increase your amount of fibre intake. Fibre is important for diabetic patients, which keeps the digestive processes to run smoothly. Your cholesterol level decreases and blood sugar levels may reduce if you take enough fibre.
- You should chew gum as it keeps your mouth busy. It makes you crave for less food.
- You should eat on smaller plates. This is a psychological trick which makes you consume less amount of food and your sugar and calorie levels are maintained.
- Before taking any food item or eating out, gather information about them. Learn about diabetes friendly food options at restaurants and check which products you should avoid buying from the market.
- You should get your blood sugar levels checked regularly. You should check it several times a day to learn how your body responds to food.
- Circulation problems may cause issues with your feet, which may lead to a lack of sensation, cuts and scrapes. Check your feet regularly to notice changes.
- Instead of having 2,3 large meals a day, you should take several small meals throughout the day. This will keep your body’s digestive processes active thereby increasing insulin sensitivity.