Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dhyanchand V Charles
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dhyanchand V CharlesYour feedback matters!
Mera son ka age 3 year hai use pet me dard hota hai and cold bhi ho gya hai please iska solutions btaye. Koi home therapy bhi btaye.
Dear Sir, my nephew (10 years old) entire body has become small pimple eye swelling, doctor described it chickengunia due to blood infection, how it spread or is it chickengunia symptoms, what precautions should be taken and which test, medicines you prescribed please guide me.
My child was new born baby she is three months, for me milk level is low so please give me some tips to increase my feeding.
My baby is 3/2 years of old, and his weight is only near about 5 k. G. How can I try to gain his weight?
My 10 year old daughter doesn't eat much. In-fact, most of the time, she skips the meals. May be due to this only, she is very weak i. E. Slim and short as a 10 year old should be. What to do to make her eat the meals?
My daughter is two months old. Some times she vomit milk but yellow kind of. I not able to understand she got cold or some other reason. Please help me.
The most important concern that any expecting parent can think about is the possibility of a baby born with birth defects. Birth defects are common in the era of modern medicine and advanced technology, but some of the birth defects are easily avoidable.
Birth defects are either Structural Birth Defects or Functional Birth Defects. The structural birth defects include the infant showing abnormal symptoms and progress in muscles and organs whereas, functional birth defects include the defects in systems, which make the body function properly, such as the neurological and endocrine systems.
The most common structural birth defects are given below:
- Missing or abnormal limbs
- Heart defects
- Club foot (when you cannot put your foot sole on the floor)
- Cleft palate (splits or openings in the mouth's roof)
Causes of structural birth defects: The causes of structural birth defects are mainly attributed to genetic disorders or environmental factors such as conception and pregnancy. The external factors include smoking or drinking during pregnancy, deficiency in nutrition or exposure to viruses and other harmful chemicals.
The common functional birth defects are given below:
- Sensory disorder: Disorders in sensory system that can cause blindness and other problems, such as the loss of hearing abilities (both partially and fully).
- Spectrum Disorder: Problem in proper functioning of brain and the nervous system leading to intellectual impairment, ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder) and disability in speaking and hearing.
- Immunity disorder: It may cause cancer, autoimmune diseases (wherein your body's immune system attacks the healthy tissues) and allergy disorders.
- Degenerative Disorder: In this case, the child grows normally, but later shows problem in functioning and day to day activities. Examples of Degenerative disorder will include Rett syndrome (rare neurological postnatal condition of the brain's grey area) and muscular dystrophy (continuous muscle weakening).
Treatment of Birth defects: Birth defects are recognized by a series of tests conducted during pregnancy. Prenatal ultrasounds can be used to identify birth defects in the uterus. A sample of amniotic fluid (the fluid which surrounds the fetus) can be done along with blood tests to combat birth defects. Some prenatal tests can be done to determine the infections which the mother might have which can cause harm to the infant. There are many medications available to combat birth defects. However, it must be noticed that majority of birth defects can be diagnosed and cured after birth.