Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dhyanchand V Charles
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dhyanchand V CharlesYour feedback matters!
My son is 5 months sleeps in cradle. While sleeping he slightly forced with a wooden door in his head. Will it be a big issue.
Hello Dr. Is it normal My 4 years old daughter is having body temperature of 97.3 in the early morning 4 am.
Hi, My son is a new born baby who had Right ventricle hypertrophy with mosaic pattern with mid cavitatory RV gradient (40mmhg) suggestive of Double chamber right ventricle. I had some research over internet and experts says this will disappear in 8-10 weeks some says unknown and rare disease. I don't know what to do. I need the right suggestion. Please let me know what is the symptoms, cause and remediation. I had done the 2D echo cardiograph.
My baby which is about a month old, very often stretch it's body, and especially while stretching it makes some sort of noise from it's mouth. Unsure if this is normal to all babies or something I need to worry. Would appreciate the opinions and advices in anticipation.
My son will complete 2 years of age in coming September. Please help me some guiding some good or healthy food for him as now a days he is not looking anything as what ever we give him he takes that from his mouth immediately and keeps crying for not eating. . He is also losing waiting because of this.
I have a girl baby who is 40 days old.Usually she is getting severe stomach pain and gas trouble Dr advised me to give her colicaid 2 to 5 drops according to the pain even though sometimes she is normal sometimes she is struggling a lot.Is it advisable to use gripe water for pain or can u give alternative medicine.
As a parent, we all love our children deeply. And most of us will agree that these days parenting is very demanding and exhausting instead of pleasurable and joyous process. What has changed? It is not that children are any different. The difference is in the environment around them with stronger social influences; and this also affects the way we parent. In today's more democratic and egalitarian world; 'Do as I say and not as I do' style of parenting does not work. But, 'I will do as I see you doing' phrase from kids define our parent child relationship.
With change in social environment and influence, our strategies for correcting their behaviour and impart discipline has to undergo adaptation! When there are so many confusing and conflicting signals reach to our kids from their environment, whether we like it or not, we are still their role models. How positive parenting style will help? The core principle of positive parenting is to accept your child as an individual. We are in a democratic society and family is a small yet important part of society. Democracy does not mean allowing disrespectful and irresponsible behaviour; rather to effectively help kids change their behaviour and create harmonious and cooperative relationship with them. It also means that we as a parent need to learn to think, act and react in a different way.
Through, positive parenting, you will learn respectful disciplining methods, which would work better than demanding compliance. Through these principles and tips you will get your child to listen without screaming, nagging, reminding or evoking rebellious behaviour. More importantly this is all about building stronger relationship bond with your children and nurture them through early childhood to teen age years as they become independent, responsible, capable, kind, happy and successful young adults.
Tips to get you started:
- Everyone deserves to be treated with respect and dignity, including children.
- When your kid misbehaves instead of shouting or hitting, control your anger and respond in a calm and respectful way. Calmer but firmer tone and lower voice, yet not giving into their repeated demand, is much more effective as a discipline tool compare to nagging.
- Understandable that you have a lot on your plate, such as work, managing and keeping the home in order, managing meals and other outside responsibilities, kids sports or extracurricular activities, family obligations and so on. It is easy to get lost in all these 'have to do' activities. Parenting shouldn't be just one more task to deal with. Reconnecting with your parenting goals and aspirations periodically will help take the stress out of it and add fun into it. Spend some time daily (10 minutes will do as well!) to just listen and enjoy your child (without correcting them or giving them suggestion to improve!).
- Let your love for them be the driving force. Shift your internal conversations from 'have to' to 'want to'. As you do enormous things for your child each day, think how you are supporting their ambitions. How you are helping them become independent and strong. How you are nurturing qualities like compassion and deep listening by extending yourself.
- Give promises and keep them. As your children grow they need much more than your words to trust and rely on you. Keeping your promises, letting them know if you need to change the plan, taking their opinion in appropriate matter will go a long way.
- Seek to understand and do not impose yourself on your child. Especially when they are in their teenage, as a parent you have lot of worries, you are afraid of them making mistakes and of course you want to protect them from vices. Listening to them while keeping your focus on genuinely understanding them is the only way to go, when they know you understand them and they can trust you, the street between both of you turns two way street! They will be open to your wisdom and suggestion when they are at the cross road.
- Last but not the least, 'be a role model'. Don't preach. If they see you disrespecting others, they will not respect you. If they see you hooked on your smart phone; that is their license to keep theirs in front of their eyes 24/7. If you are hooked in front of the TV till late night and haven't picked up a book in last 6 months. Advice about reading is going to fall on dumb ears. In short, be the change you want to see in your children.
- Have family nights at least once in a week, play cards, board games or go for a walk together. Talk and listen. Just be there and listen without judgement and criticism, without thinking about how to correct them. Just enjoy each other's company and see how they are changing their opinion about you. Positive parenting doesn't mean you will never have problems in your family. You will? if you are alive and growing family. Positive parenting style will open up the avenues to keep communication alive; it will open your children to your influence. Isn't it something that we all wish for!!
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am an adult of 34 age(m). My child is having chicken pox. Some one suggested to take acyclovir -400 DT tablets 1 tablet per day for five days is it ok? Are there side effects because of this tablets. And this dosage is ok or I should take it more per day?
To all parents and even grandparents, as well as teachers, here are some unbelievably simple parenting ideas that work.
1. Children need a minimum of eight touches during a day to feel connected to a parent.
If they are going through a particularly challenging time, it as a minimum of 12 a day. This doesn't have to be a big deal; it could be the straightening of a collar, a pat on the shoulder or a simple hug.
2. Each day, children need one meaningful eye-to-eye conversation with a parent.
It is especially important for babies to have that eye contact, but children of all ages need us to slow down and look them in the eyes.
3. There are nine minutes during the day that have the greatest impact on a child:
The first three minutes right after they wake up
The three minutes after they come home from school
The last three minutes of the day before they go to bed
We need to make those moments special and help our children feel loved.
These are simple, right? nothing really earth-shattering here.
1 whenever you feel like scolding or beating your child, take a deep breath, or count 1-10 and then act.
2 let's ask them to study their favorite subject on their own.
3 send them to one exam without studying at all.
4 remember what our kids are learning in 5th std is taught to 7th std abroad.
5 let's keep our kids out of the unwanted competition.
6 80% of what kids are learning, won't be useful to them in future.
7 our kids can really afford to do whatever they want to do in future.
8 higher degrees don't guaranty success and happiness.
9 not all the highly educated people do well professionally.
And not all who do well professionally are the happiest ones.
10 kids are always in a party mood. Don't spoil their childhood. Support and let them be what they want to be.
Pass this on to as many teachers and parents as you can.
And change the way we look at our kids and their future.