Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dhiya GeorgeYour feedback matters!
I have taken antidepresant from last 25 years now i am 55 how & when i can leave this medicines wether homiopathy can help?
At what age can men grow, grow as in height. What are the possibilities of increasing my height after 20. Thanks.
I am 20 yrs old i have a skin problem of ring guard i am using a ointment dermikem but itis working for only 4 days and it will repeat againafter 4 days of using that ointment
Dear sir, I have a pain in my lower back, when I stand or sit in any position till 10 or more than 10 minute it starts from left side and slowly slowly its reach till upper back. Dr. What should I do? I am 26 year old male.
I have black spots on my back and in my chest what should I do to get rid of it? can you suggest me some medicine?
Dear Sir, I am 30 years old. Once I just randomly thought to check my blood pressure and I was shocked to see it wasn't normal it was 127/85. Then after 3 weeks I checked again it was 133/90. Can you please tell me what can be the reason? Or do you think I should follow some diet. As I don't want to be on medicine at this early age. I am little worried as its in the family. Please advice.
I am very much concerned about my height. I want to gain my height upto 6 ft 5 inches minimum. My height is 5 ft 10 inches. Please suggest how can I gain my height? I am 19 years old.
Hiii My father is suffering from anxiety since 10years, he can't travel any where because he had journey phobia pls suggest what should he do to travel without stress and phobia.
I have a severe tooth pain on the tooth that was treated with root canal over 3 ago. I had two doses of Ciproflaxacin Hydrochloride 500 mg tablets twice since last evening along with Ibuprofen, but the pain is still intense. What should I do?
I am suffering from pimples and blocked and some skin problems what are the cures for these problems.
I am 62 years old, suffering with mild depression and racing heart and little increase of cholesterol and taking pills from last 20 days like p ropanolol, clonazepam, atorvastatin, help me to get natural therapy to get of it.
I get white discharge which gets dry and very itchy from penis which is may be due to sugar and the skin cannot be stretched backwards.
There is an age old saying that drinking water during meals will disturb your digestion and dilute stomach juices. Advice, that floats around generally, states that you should have water at least 30 minutes after you have had a meal. Studies have been carried out on this subject to find out how true or false these claims are.
- Levels of stomach acid: The claim is that if you drink water during the meal it will dilute the stomach acids, which are required to break the food down. However, doctors have stated in clinical trials that water doesn't tend to have any effect on the levels of stomach acid at all.
- Stomach and digestion process differs from person to person: This might be a thing of personal choice as habits differ from person to person. Also what is tolerable for one person may not be to another. It usually comes down to how your digestive system reacts to drinking water. Some people have claimed that drinking water while consuming food can make them feel bloated. There are no scientific studies proving this and it could be a psychological effect as well.
- Other side of the story drinking water can fill up your stomach before or during a meal: While drinking water may not have adverse effects on digestion, it can fill up the stomach by volume and decrease appetite. Doctors will also suggest drinking a good amount of water just before a meal if you are trying to lose weight as it can suppress your appetite.
Proved pros of drinking water:
Most clinical trials and studies by doctors have proven that drinking small to moderate amounts of water during the meals will help your digestion rather than impeding it.
Some of the advantages are:
- Liquefies food in the stomach
- Helps in nutrient absorption
- Prevents constipation
- Stop bloating
- Softens stool
- Ensures Lubrication of the digestive tract
- Helps you control your hunger signals and thus can help you in losing weight
Thus it can be summarized that drinking water during meals is a personal choice and doesn't really have any adverse effects. In fact, drinking moderate amounts of water when having food may actually be beneficial for you. However, if you are not comfortable with this and would prefer drinking after meals, as long as your digestive system is adjusted to it, there are no adverse effects to this as well.