Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dhershana Raja
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Dhershana RajaYour feedback matters!
My wife period is regular from last 5 months .in this month her period date 9/6/2016. Please tell mi the important days for doing sex having pregnancy.
I and my partner were basically rubbing each other's genitals against each other for a while and we weren't planning on having sex. Although his head got into my hole for just a second or so. I pushed him immediately since I didn't feel right. 2. A) He did not cum. B) We aren't sure if there was pre cum. He had urinated several times before this by the way. And last ejaculation was more than 16 hours before so I think less chances of sperm presence as well. 3. I am just really worried. Could this lead to pregnancy? I have been freaking out. My last period was from 24th July to 5th August. This took place on the 9th. Since I'm so stressed my period might delay as well. I am unable to figure anything out. Please help. I repeat, contact of the head or tip of the penis with the vaginal hole was less than 2 seconds.
HI, I have recently diagnosed with for ectopic pregnancy. My last LMP is 19/2/2017. And on 24/03/2017 I got weak positive with my urine test. On 27/03/2017 bleeding got started I consulted doctor. She did pelvic scan and told me that 3 cm tubal pregnancy is present in my left tube and beta hcg is 69.4. Then she gave 50 mg Methotrexate on 27/03/2017. Now today I got beta hcg as 12.3. She told me that its aborted successfully and we can plan pregnancy after 1 month. Now when can we plan next pregnancy. Please help me on this. We are confused that one doctor said minimum 6 months needs to wait for next pregnancy and one doctor said 1 month is enough. Please help on on this.
Doctor, Below is my complete case details please read in detail. I am a 28 year old guy a sexually active person. On 1st October 2015 I had a risky exposure a brief unprotected sex with a CSW post which I got scared and did the following tests. 1.4th Generation Test after 7 weeks. 2.4th generation test after 12weeks. 3 4th generation test after 22 weeks. 4.4th generation test after 25weeks. All these reports came negative. I don't do drugs at all neither I donate blood technically I haven't risked myself with a CSW again however I Had unprotected sex with my GF on 15th Oct 2015 26Dec 2015 nd 31st Dec 2015. She is 100%HIV negative. Below is my questions. 1. In my case having sex with my GF last 3 months ago can it cause late seroconversion? Having sex with an HIV negative person is it a possible risky exposure during window period? 2. As per your expertise what are the chances of late seroconversion in my case. 3. Help me in the details of accuracy 4th Generation Test. 4. Can HIV testing be a risk for me I got Tested at Metropolis Lab a well known pathology. 5. I am 99% convinced I have no issues however 1% of my mind says to get tested in August and than in October but honestly I do not have the guts. Do I need further testings. 6. To sum it up as per your expertise what to do you advise me Am I 100% HIV free do I need to get tested again. Why are these thoughts bothering me so much I get very stressed because of this.
Is it possible to have sex without precaution avoiding pregnancy. I am married but not yet planned for a baby.
The body functions are controlled by hormones which are produced by various endocrine glands (named so because these glands secrete hormones directly into the body). There are various endocrine glands, and these are controlled by the master endocrine gland which is the pituitary gland.
The pituitary gland is attached to the base of the brain. It also produces prolactin which helps regulate milk production when a woman is breast-feeding. To a smaller extent, it also has some effect on other hormones.
Prolactinoma is a benign tumour of the pituitary gland which produces large amount of prolactin. The cells in the pituitary gland multiply to produce large amounts of prolactin. In people with prolactinoma, there are reduced amounts of oestrogen in females and testosterones in males.
Causes: Though the cause is unknown, a genetic connection believed to exist. Also, people who are hypothyroidic, pregnant, and/or breast-feeding have a higher chance of developing this condition. They can develop in men as well. Interestingly, this is the most common form of pituitary gland tumour.
Types: Depending on the size of the tumour, the tumour is of two main types—microprolactinoma (when the tumour measures less than 10 mm) and macroprolactinoma (when the tumour measures more than 10 mm).
Signs and symptoms: Though the most important function of prolactin is the regulation of breast milk production, it also has various other functions in both men and women. The symptoms, therefore, would depend on the gender and the age group.
If teenagers are affected, there could be reduced growth and delayed puberty.
In addition to the above symptoms, as the tumour continues to grow, there could be pressure on the surrounding nerves, leading to headaches, blurred of vision, and even double vision. As the tumour grows, the normal pituitary functioning may be affected, and other hormones may not be produced and accordingly the symptoms would appear.
Treatment: One of the main reasons it gets diagnosed is infertility. When ruling out causes for infertility, prolactinoma is suspected and to rule this out blood tests are done. Increased amounts of the hormone would lead to undergoing MRI scans and other tests to confirm the diagnosis.
Once confirmed, the treatment would depend on the symptoms and the patient. It causes reduced amounts of oestrogen and testosterone, which is usually harmless. Unless required, some people can choose to go without any treatment. Hormone supplements can be used to restore the normal hormone levels. Dopamine antagonists can be used to suppress the production of prolactin from the pituitary gland. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Endocrinologist.
During sex my wife always complaining for pain she event can't ready for sex now and she also have etching issue in vagina.
Vaginal lubrication that is non-smelly and clear is absolutely normal. For when you are aroused, vaginal lubrication increases, which makes physical intimacy pleasurable. However, just like vaginal dryness, too much of vaginal wetness certainly ruins the pleasure of sex. For if this happens, the woman will not be able to feel the friction of the penis against her vaginal wall. For the man, too much of vaginal wetness also creates discomfort as the man fails to feel the tightness enclosing the penis.
Causes of excessive vaginal wetness
- Natural causes: During sexual arousal, the veins in the pelvis, clitoris and vulva dilate, allowing more blood to flow through. In women who are super aroused, the vagina starts to sweat excessively, which makes it excessively lubricated. Too much vaginal lubrication can also occur in case of G-spot orgasm or female ejaculation.
- Medication: Excessive vaginal wetness can also happen because of high levels of oxytocin or estrogen in the uterus, cervix and vagina. This can be caused by hormonal fluctuations, usually caused owing to the side effects of birth control pills. In women, rise in the estrogen levels is especially noticeable if she has just started or stopped taking birth control pills.
Ayurveda, being a 100% safe mode of treatment and without any side effect, offers a simple remedy to this issue:
- Pour a glass of water into a bowl
- Put a handful of coriander leaves in it
- Allow the leaves to soak in the water overnight
- Strain the water in the morning and have it on an empty stomach
It has been found that this age old herbal medicine is an awesome panacea for curing excess lubrication and making sex even more enjoyable every time. However, you must remember as with all holistic therapy, you need to drink it every day to enjoy its beneficial effects. It should take about a month before one starts experiencing its effects. Another remedy is preparing an infusion by boiling walnut leaves in water for at least 20 min, straining them and then using it as a douche. This can be done four times a day for positive and quick results. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Hi there. She is 36 years old had lumps in right side breast 4 cm one year back it was 2 cm doc did mammography n scanning he said we ll see after 6 month no medicine nothing wt to do I want permanent treatment. please suggest can it turn in to cancer.
We were together on 18th of november and on 26th nov I had my periods but in dec I had only few clotted spots for 2-3 days just in early mornings around 2nd january Should I count these clotted spots as my monthly periods or ignore it or m I pregnant?
Meri shadi ko dhai saal ho gaye h meri koi santan nahi h doctor ko meri semen report batayi toh unhone sperm count kam bataya h.
Although a vegetable, garlic is primarily classified as a spice and is used in many dishes across cultures. However, apart from the pungent smell which is the most known characteristic of garlic, it also has medicinal properties and thus, was even used by healers for various ailments before the advent of modern medicine.
Some of the reasons garlic is considered healthy
Garlic is considered healthy for a multitude of reasons. Let's look at some of the ailments that garlic can prevent as well as help in healing.
- Great against common cold: Garlic and garlic based homemade treatments are great ways to ward of the common cold. Garlic contains the chemical "allicin" which is known to aid health within the body. Having a few cloves or garlic can help you fight the common cold infection.
- It is known to improve bone health: Garlic is known to be very beneficial for bone health, especially in menopausal women. Women may encounter bone loss during menopause as the production of estrogen is lowered. Garlic encourages estrogen production which can stop bone loss and even protect against bone problems such as osteoarthritis.
- Is an effective agent in lowering blood pressure: Hypertension is a known killer all across the world. Garlic contains polysulfides which are effective in vasodilation or the widening of the blood vessels and also relaxation of the muscles. This helps blood pressure being lowered within the body and is an effective home remedy if consumed in controlled amounts.
- Reduces fatigue and is a performance enhancer: Garlic is known to reduce fatigue within people as it controls the heart rate by lowering blood pressure. Whether it is an athletic performance or other physical work related performance requirements, this spice tends to give an extra boost.
- Controls LDL cholesterol, thereby reducing chances of heart disease: LDL cholesterol, also known as bad cholesterol, is controlled by allicin as it improves liver functions. The liver can then break down LDL cholesterol easily and thus also helps in preventing arteriosclerosis. Garlic is also known to prevent blood clots that lead to heart attacks.
- Garlic has anti-parasitic and anti-bacterial properties: Garlic has been known throughout the ages to be an affective antibacterial and anti-parasitic agent. Garlic extracts or small amounts of garlic in your diet can help you build up immunity and also kill infections within your system effectively. It is also known to be very effective against tapeworm infestations within the gut. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Osteoporosis is a degenerative condition connected with the bones. In this condition, the bones become absolutely brittle and hollow over a period of time. In normal scenarios, bones usually get broken down and repaired over time. They are known as the living tissue of the body. But when the old bone does not get removed due to the lack of new bone creation, this is known as osteoporosis. This disease can affect both men and women. Many women go through this condition after menopause. Let us find out more about the symptoms of this condition.
Causes: There are a variety of things that cause the painful symptoms of osteoporosis. Hormonal changes that affect the sex and thyroid hormones as well as adrenal and parathyroid glands are known to cause this condition. Also, low calcium intake over a prolonged period, especially after childbirth and during menopause can cause this condition in many women. Further, eating disorders where the patient practices severe restrictions when it comes to food intake, can also have a bearing on the person, which keeps the right nutrients from reaching the bones. Steroids and other kinds of medicines that have been used on a prolonged basis in order to treat cancer, gastric reflux, seizures and to cure transplant rejections, can also lead to this condition. Celiac disease, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, inflammatory bowel conditions and liver or kidney disease can also lead to osteoporosis.
- Fracture: One of the most common symptoms of osteoporosis includes fragile bones that may lead to fractures. Even a minor movement or a fall can cause a fracture as the bones are brittle and hollow. Because the bones are more delicate than usual, these fractures can be triggered easily by an impactful action like a particularly loud sneeze or a persistent cough.
- Neck and Back Pain: Compression fractures in the spine are a common occurrence for people who are suffering from osteoporosis. The vertebrae that have collapsed can pinch the nerves radiating from the spinal cord. This can be a very painful condition that goes from tender pain to debilitating sharp pain.
- Height: One of the most noticeable symptoms of osteoporosis includes the visible loss of height. A patient suffering from this condition will appear to have shrunk suddenly, in a very mild way. It can cause a condition known as kyphosis, which is basically a stooped back. Owing to this condition, there may be severe pain in the neck and lumbar, or lower back region as well.
- Emergency Situation: If you happen to be experiencing debilitating and sudden pain in the hip or wrists or other such areas, then it is recommended to see a doctor immediately as this could indicate a fracture.