Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Dheeraj KaranthYour feedback matters!
Dear Dr. For the last couple of week I am having a severe pain in my rectal area while going toilet but I have not identified any blood coming out or the rectal area pulling out but still there is severe pain when the stole is coming out can you please advice me how to get relief from this thanking you.
Running is one of the best forms of exercise, not only for getting fit but for weight control too.
1. Running is the quickest way to cardiovascular fitness. You get fitter faster by running regularly.
2. Running is one of the cheapest forms of exercising. You only need a pair of running shoes and shorts and t-shirt to get started.
3. Running is easy to learn. Most people have run at some point in their life, either competitively or at school/college, so there is no steep learning curve involved.
4. Running makes you feel good, not only physically, but mentally as well.
5. Running is excellent for reducing stress levels. There is nothing better than a run to clear your head and concentrate the mind. Many great ideas have been formulated on training runs.
6. Running is one of the most flexible methods of training around. Wherever you are in the world, it is nearly always possible to get out for a run. You can jog, steady run or sprint depending on how you feel that particular day.
7. Running is good for your heart. It not only strengthens the heart but also reduces the actual resting heart rate.
I am suffering of bleeding and severe pain while going for motion and its paining continuously on that area whole day and I want a proper suggestion.
I can't pass stool everyday, I feel some uncomfortable issues in my stomach, I worried about it, so how can I do it daily? Freely?
Am able to feel some kind of skin formed near the anus. Is it symbolisation for piles. But am not suffering from any pain, blood motions or other symptoms of piles. Can you please suggest me what is that and the further process.
I had a problem since 5 to 7 years of diet. Three times daily I had to go for a latrine. Time is before lunch before dinner and before bedtime. My timings r 10. Am snacks, 2.00 pm- lunch, 6.30 pm- dinner. Is there any solution for this please request you don't suggest to take medicine only exercise or home remedies.
Hi, my self GOKUL. I am having gas trouble for 3-4 day. I couldn't breath properly. Is it normal to have breathing difficulty while having gas trouble. Pls suggest some way to get this breathlessness done.
I have a lot of acidity issue. It burns like hell. I tried to maintain, eating, sleeping habit, but still it comes at night. Mostly if I eat curd, bread, veg curry vegetable.
I'm 21 year old boy I'm suffering from acidity how to overcome this problem so please give me a suitable suggestions.
I know that lot of care can be taken to avoid acidity but will somebody tell me what medicines I should take once I have omitted due to acidity and my head is still paining.
I am suffering from stomach related problem that I can not digest properly and cannot properly fresh in early morning. Sometime I feel headache due to gas. Can you suggest me what can I do.
I have gas problem. Many a times my stomach gets bulgy. I think because of gas problem my digestion has affected leading to irregular bowel movements. I have to go to toilet around 3 times in the morning. Also in the evening I feel like going to toilet. Sometimes it becomes very urgent. So my main problem is that stomach does not get cleaned up at ONCE in the morning. And I cannot control. I have to run searching for toilet. I avoid going to places where there are no toilets. Many a times after leaving from home in the morning, I have to visit toilet at station. I DO not have any stomach pain, just irregular bowel movements. symptoms become worse when I hear some negative news, when I get nervous, tensed, worried- I need to run to toilet. please help me. I know half of the problem is psychological. But can not help it. When ever I have to go nowhere I am worried if I have to go to toilet on the way. Before going I visit toilet 2 to 3 times. Worse happens if I get trapped in traffic. But once the traffic releases I get relaxed. Many a times I take tablet bi- quinol. please help me. I feel very shy running to toilet again and again in front of cousins, family, friends. This is the only problem of my life.Please tell.
Doctor I feel burning sensation when I go for latrine, felt bleeding little amount, applied lobate ointment settled a bit n now again applied soframycin n had beplexforte. Please let me know the solution ,what would it be.
Hello Doctor. I am facing acidity problem since a long time. I am searching for an effective single ayurvedic tablet to cure my problem. Please help me.
A fairly common disorder, which affects the intestines, irritable bowel syndrome affects many adults across the world. If you are suffering from this disorder then you would have problems with bowel movements, mostly the irregularity of it. Sometimes you may suffer from constipation, other times you may suffer from diarrhea and the type of stool will also vary often between thin and hard or soft and liquid.
Common symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome
Some of the common symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome or IBS are as follows:
1. Constipation or diarrhea, the latter of which can become quite severe during certain episodes
2. Gas or bloating which can make you uncomfortable
3. Cramping around the stomach area especially the lower belly which tends to become worse after having food and better after bowel movements
4. Quality of stools may vary quite a lot from time to time such as very hard to lose
5. Stomach may start sticking out and become misshapen
6. May also come with sexual as well as urinary problems
Causes of Irritable bowel syndrome
The causes for irritable bowel syndrome vary from person to person. This disorder usually has triggers and yours may be different from someone else suffering from the same problems. However some general triggers and causes could be:
1. Hormonal problems - This is especially the case with women who tends to suffer From IBS more than men. Hormonal changes in the body such as before and after pregnancy and menopause or periods are known to be common.
2. Dietary causes-This is one of the major external triggers that have been reported by people. A variety of foods are known to have triggered or cause IBS. Some of the foods that have been implicated are beans, chocolate, cauliflower, cabbage or milk among many others.
3. Underlying illnesses - Sometimes IBS itself may be a symptom of a larger underlying problem such as gastrointestinal disorders, such as bacterial overgrowth and gastroenteritis.
4. Mental health and Stress issues - People going through psychological stress such as before exams or reviews have known to have IBS as stress becomes a trigger in their case. If you have mental health issues in the long run, these are also known to trigger or cause IBS.
Some of the treatment options for IBS are:
II. Mental health counseling
IV. Medications for bowel spasms
V. Medications for diarrhea or constipation
VI. Specialized medications for IBS for other underlying conditions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.