Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I am 23 female. Done my thyroid test T3 1.33 T4 6.30 TSH 16.33.and even they mentioned some pregnancy trimester 1 2 and 3. What is that. Am not getting periods from 4 months.
Female infertility is considered as the inability of conceiving. As per WHO it is described as the inability to be pregnant, maintain and carry forward a pregnancy to its full term. It is often of two types:
- Primary Infertility: This is the inability to give birth to a baby either due to the inability to become pregnant or maintain a pregnancy, which includes stillborn and miscarriage.
- Secondary Infertility: This refers to the inability to give birth when there is already a live birth or the woman was pregnant.
The causes of infertility can vary from being acquired or genetic. However, following factors are largely responsible for infertility:
- Genetic: Some genes can lead to mutation leading to infertility like, in case of BMP15 gene there is a hypergonadotrophic ovarian failure which causes infertility.
- Acquired: This is caused by factors like age, smoking, sexually transmitted diseases, obesity, body weight, eating disorders, diseases like diabetes, thrombophilia and also radiation and chemotherapy.
The treatment for infertility usually depends on the cause, age, duration of time for which a person has been infertile and preference of the patient. Infertility is believed to be a complex disorder and the treatment involves a huge amount of physical, financial and psychological commitments. All this also requires a lot of time. Some women might need just a minimum of two therapies to attain fertility while others might require different treatment before they can conceive.
Treatment is largely aimed to restore the fertility either by means of medication and surgery or help in reproduction with the help of some procedures.
Fertility Restoration through medication
This is the main treatment for women who are infertile because of ovulation disorders. These drugs include:
- Gonadotropins: These are injected to stimulate the ovaries. Drugs like Menopur, Repronex, Follistim AQ, Gonal-F, Bravelle restore the production of eggs, while Ovidrel and Pregnyl are used for maturing the eggs and for their release.
- Clomiphene citrate: This is taken orally and stimulates ovulation by releasing more Follicle Stimulating Hormone and Luteinizing Hormone from the pituitary gland.
- Metformin: This is used in females who have PCOS and also when insulin resistance plays a major role in infertility.
- Bromocriptine: Used when the infertility is caused due to excess prolactin production.
- Letrozole: This also induces ovulation
Fertility Restoration through surgery
Surgical procedures can amend the problem of infertility. However, these treatments are very rare these days owing to the success of other fertility treatments. These include:
- Tubal ligation reversal surgery: In case a tubal ligation has been performed it can be reversed by reconnecting the tubes again through surgery.
- Hysteroscopic surgery: This corrects or removes the abnormalities that cause infertility. This surgery can correct the shape of the uterus, remove endometrial polyps and improve chance of getting pregnant.
- Tubal surgeries: In case of blocked fallopian tubes laproscopic surgery can be performed to dilate the tubes, removed blockages or create a new opening.
Assistance in Reproduction through techniques
The most common used techniques for reproduction assistance are:
- Intrauterine insemination or IUI: In this about million healthy sperms are put in the uterus at the time of ovulation.
- Assisted reproductive technology: In this mature eggs are retrieved from a woman and this is then fertilized with sperms in a dish in the lab. Once the fertilization is done the embryo is placed in the uterus for further development. IVF is the most common and effective assisted reproductive technology. This procedure takes place over weeks with several blood tests and hormone injections.
Dealing with infertility is not easy and can be emotionally and physically draining. To cope with the various tests and treatments of infertility one should be fully prepared, eat a healthy diet, exercise reach out for help and support of family and friends and look for other options like a donor egg, adoption or no children.
Hi Experts, Patient medical concern: My wife is suffering from umbilical hernia and muscle are bit loose. (Mother of two child both are delivered via C section) expectation: 1. We are Planning for laparoscopic surgery, 2. Patient is very young around 28 years of age. 3. But open surgery we are not much in favour off. 4. Only one of my doctor advised seems like hernia is not much big. 5. Last child birth given April 2016. (6 months completed) 6. Tubactoumy will planned along with hernia surgery. Dear experts please advise: 1. As you know in laparoscopic surgery only umbilical hernia gets repaired and fixed but muscle can not be tighten. 2. If umbilical hernia is fixed by laparoscopic surgery then gradually muscles can be tighten via exercise or future muscles issues may come. 3. Please advise I have to go for laparoscopic or open surgery.
I am 20 years old. My periods are late 6 days and I am having white stretchy discharge. I am worried.
She has bad stomach pain and back pain just before 5 to 10 days of periods. Its very bad pain . After periods she is normal. What is the issue ? Can any one help.
My girlfriend used to have menses on 5th of every month but on 12th we had sexual intercourse without condoms and we used preventive method of coitus interrupts. As she already had menses of that month we waited for next month's 3rd for menses to come but till 15th she didn't got menses so she took mifepristone n mifepristone. As someone told that after taking those pills bleeding starts but no such thing happened to her. Pregnancy detection kit shows negative result. She also has polycystic ovarian disorder but menses were regular. Upto how many months that pregnancy dedication kit will show that she is pregnant.
I am 30 years old lady. I want to conceive. Now its time my muscular days, So whats the proper date for my planning.
My age is 46, my periods are erratic. I feel sick in the morning and afterwards normal. No sugar or thyroid. White discharge sometimes. Suffering from hip pain.
My wife is in doubt of pregnancy. She had not got date since 20 days. And if she does not want to pregnancy what she do?
I am girl. I have bigger nose and very wide between two eyes. And my ear is very away from my face. So I need reshape my ear and nose. So what is solution for this surgery.
I have got a lump in my underarms. It usually comes n goes. It doesn't stay always. I'm in my periods now and I want to get a mammography scan done to check. Kindly advise whether it is preferable to get the scan done in the periods.
Hi. I want to lose post pregnancy weight. My kid is now 4.5 months old. He is on my feed. So can anyone suggest something which doesn't effect my feed and I reduce too.
Ovulation cycle and pregnancy go hand in hand. Simply put, if you cannot ovulate, you cannot become pregnant. Ovulation is the way that the body matures eggs and makes it possible to become pregnant. By calculating your ovulation cycle, you can figure out when you are most fertile, and plan accordingly.