Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. DharniYour feedback matters!
I have regular pain during my periods and it becomes to much so I can't do anything and also can't sit for a while. Please suggest.
She did net get period because we had sex unprotected sex after two days of her period and after 10 mint I give her unwanted 72 now its to get get period but she did not is there any chances to get pregnant.
I suffered from TB 15 years back & that got cured after 9 month course of medicine. Now I am 30 and trying for pregnancy from the last 4-5 months. My follicular study was normal. Is that TB treatment (which was done 15 years back) is creating problem in conceiving?
I had 4 miscarriages yet. First 3 were just 5 or 6 weeks but 4th one was 4 and a half month baby. that was due to water bag comes out. All my reports are normal. Now what should I do? Whats the treatment so that it would not repeat in future?
Can dry or partially dry precum on finger makes you pregnant if you finger with partial or dry precum on it? If yes then any suggestion?
I thnk dat there is date fr my gf to get periods. Bt she has not yet been. So how to get early periods. She got lst mnth on 24 n on dis 13 we had unprotected sex. Nw I thnk there is smthng wrng bt we r cnfdnt I had not ejaculated inside. So plss tell hw to get early period asap.
Hi. I am 22 years old and 65 kg wt. Suffering from pcod. I had taken krimson 35 for 3 months. And my doctor advice me to reduce weight. And prescribed apcod obis. Does this apcod obis help me to reduce my weight. If yes how much time it would take. And suggest some natural method to reduce weight?
I am 30, female, happily married since April 2013. I am a working woman and also my husband is. We love each other. We are planning for a baby. But unable to conceive. I had a leproscope Gald Bladder operation when i was 14. In the same operation my excess appendix was also got removed. So, my question is - am i not physically fit to conceive and do I need a checkup? If so, in which medical section?
Milk is not a simple drink; in fact, it can be called a phenomenon that traces back to thousands of years to time unknown. Even today the milk myth is very much present in our daily lives and you will be surprised to know that back in 2001, the average American kid drank more than 104 quarts of cow milk. But does it really have any good effect on human bones? Researchers say otherwise; milk tends to deplete the calcium content in human bones.
The cause in the myth of milk
The myth of milk has extended itself across the globe on the basis of a misconception that calcium and protein-rich drinks are essential to support bone health at all ages. Here it can be implied that the confusion regarding supposed benefits of milk may have stemmed from the fact that milk is rich in calcium, which is about 300 mg calcium for a cupful of milk.
Did you know that various scientific studies have reported that series of detrimental health issues are directly connected with consumption of milk? The most astonishing fact here is that not only do people hardly absorb the calcium contained in cow’s milk, but it leads to depletion of calcium content in the human bones. Similar to animal protein, milk would acidify the pH level of the body which leads to a biological correction. You can also take the package for Reducing Joint/Muscle Pains.
Milk causes depletion of calcium content in bones
Calcium is a great acid neutralizer and the largest store of calcium in the body is in the bones. Therefore, the calcium required by the bones to stay strong is contrarily used by the body for neutralizing the acidic effect of the milk. Once the calcium is taken out of the bone, it passes out of the body through urination. So the awful net outcome of consuming milk is a deficiency of calcium within the bones.
In a report published by the nutrition director for the physicians committee for responsible medicine, it is claimed that the countries with the highest level of osteoporosis are those where milk consumption is the highest. The report said that the relation between bone health and calcium consumption is poor. Just the way mother’s milk is indispensable for a human baby, cow’s milk owing to its very nature is ideal for calves.
Besides, depleting calcium content in the bones, cow’s milk increases the risk of fracture and is an acidifying animal protein that takes a toll on the human digestive system as well. If you are still skeptical about these facts, then let a healthcare provider explain it in detail to you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
I am having periods which lasted for 3 days the previous month and now I have bled for 2 days. Is it normal. I hve gained weight. Am I pregnant?
Vaginal Vault Prolapse is the condition where the upper portion of vagina may lose its normal shape and drop or sag down into the vaginal canal or maybe even outside the vagina. This may occur after a hysterectomy or even simultaneously with uterine prolapse.
The treatment of Vaginal Vault Prolapse varies with the severity and extremity of your symptoms. Your healthcare provider may suggest medications and physical therapy to treat your condition, if you feel that the prolapse is not bothersome. However, you might have to undergo surgery later if your symptoms worsen and the prolapse affects your quality of life and hinders functional ability. You must keep in mind that usually more than one area is affected by weakness in your pelvic floor.
The symptoms of Vaginal Vault Prolapse include, backache, pelvic heaviness, bulging mass into or sometimes outside your vagina that hinders normal activities such as walking and sitting, vaginal bleeding and releasing urine involuntarily.
- Medication: Most of the women with this condition usually go through menopause around the same time. Since the estrogen levels are severely lowered during menopause, it causes vaginal dryness. Discussing about estrogen therapy with your healthcare provider is a must if you wish to remedy your vaginal dryness. Not every woman should take estrogen so it is imperative to talk to a medical expert first. Usually women are treated with estrogens before they go into surgery.
- Physical therapy: Most healthcare experts recommend pelvic floor exercises as physical therapy using biofeedback so as to strengthen the specific muscles of your pelvic floor. Biofeedback is the usage of monitoring devices that contain sensors and are placed either in your rectum, vagina or on your skin. Biofeedback is very important because it tells you the strength of each muscle you are squeezing i.e. contractions, and if you are squeezing the right muscles in order to perform the exercise correctly. Long term usage of biofeedback in physical therapy leads to strengthening of your muscles and a reduction in your symptoms.
- Surgery: Corrective surgery may be performed on you by the surgeon either through the abdomen or vagina. If the surgeon is performing the corrective surgery through the vagina, he will use the ligaments, which support the uterus to solve the problem.
Related Tip: "5 Unconventional Questions About Vaginal Health"
I am 29 years old female married, my menstrual are very painful I feel dizziness, sweating ,Bloating in the belly area. Now I want to know the reason of severe cramps and what would be the best time to conceive the baby my periods cycle are as under 9th july16 14th Aug'16 19th Sep'16 24th Sep'16 pls suggest.
How does lemon consumption affect mensuration? How does lemon consumption changes the blood concentration during mensuration? i.e. does the blood becomes lighter in color?
Which of the baby delivery is best. A normal delivery or a surgical delivery. Coz my frnd suggested me that by surgical delivery she has to face pain for a long time period and there would be big scars of stitches on her stomach. So please tell me about it.
During menopause, estrogen production slows and then stops. There are a number of changes, which occur in your body during this time. Periods become irregular and then stop. You may have hot flashes, mood swings, a deeper voice and an increase in facial hair. Vaginal dryness is another common symptom of menopause. It becomes even more common after menopause. Vaginal dryness also can occur at any age from a number of different causes. It may seem like just a minor irritation; however, it can be a major problem when it comes to your sex life. Here is everything you need to know about vaginal dryness:
What causes vaginal dryness in women
Even though menopause is the most common cause of vaginal dryness, it can happen at any age and there are various causes of vaginal dryness as well. Here they are;
- Childbirth and Breastfeeding: Childbirth as well as breastfeeding result in lower levels of estrogen and this can lead to vaginal dryness.
- Sjogrens Syndrome: This is an autoimmune disorder in which your immune system attacks the moisture producing cells in your body.
- Douching: Douching is a common practice done by women wherein, they wash their vagina using water and vinegar, knowing little that it can actually cause dryness.
As mentioned earlier, vaginal dryness is caused by a lack of estrogen. Here are some of the ways that estrogen is supplied to your body;
- Vaginal Estrogen Ring: This is a ring inserted into your vagina, which releases a steady stream of estrogen into your vaginal tissues. It needs a replacement, generally after three months.
- Vaginal Estrogen Tablet: A special device called an applicator is used to insert an estrogen tablet into your vagina.
- Vaginal Estrogen Cream: This also needs to be inserted through an applicator. It will be applied daily for the first two weeks after which, it will be applied one to three times a week. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Bad breath, also known as halitosis, can occur due to a multitude of reasons and is quite disconcerting. Chewing gum, using breath mints and mouthwash are just temporary solutions as they do not address the problem. Read on more to find all about the different causes, symptoms of bad breath and also about their prevention.
- Food: If food particles, which are stuck in and around your teeth start decaying, they promote bacterial growth, which causes a foul odor in the mouth. Eating certain foods, such as spices, onion and garlic also cause foul odor.
- Tobacco products: Smoking and chewing tobacco not only causes gum disease, but also causes a foul odor to be present, thus causing bad breath.
- Poor dental hygiene: If you do not brush daily, food particles in your mouth get stuck in your mouth between the teeth in particular, which decay and cause bad breath. A form of bacteria known as plaque forms over the teeth, which over time decays teeth and also causes foul breath.
- Dry mouth: A medical condition known as dry mouth, also known as xerostomia can contribute to bad breath as in this condition; the amount saliva produced from the salivary glands is reduced. This results in the growth of bacteria, which causes bad breath.
- Medications: Some medications can cause foul breath in an indirect manner as they cause dry mouth as a side effect, which in turn causes bad breath. Other medications break down in your body and the chemicals, which the medicine contains can be carried on your breath.
Dentists would usually rate the odor from your mouth either by smelling or by using certain sophisticated odor detectors. The back of the tongue is often the source of smell and the dentist is also likely to scrape the region and rate its odor.
- Maintaining oral hygiene: If the bad breath is due to the formation of plaque, brushing and flossing on a regular basis will prevent its growth, thus reducing or eliminating bad breath. Using mouthwashes also kills bacteria, hence eliminating the bad breath causing bacteria from your mouth.
- Treatment of dental disease: Gum disease can also cause bad breath as in this disease, the gums pull away from the teeth, which gives scope for bacterial growth causing bad breath. Treating gum disease, thus would also eliminate the scope for bacterial growth and eliminate bad breath at the same time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.