Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Dharani .gYour feedback matters!
Spotting can be stated as a form of mild bleeding from the vagina. It is similar to a period, but it is much lighter and can occur in between your periods. Most women who are pregnant and are in their first trimester experience spotting. In fact, spotting is often seen as one of the early signs of pregnancy.
Spotting can happen because of any of the following reasons:
- Cysts in the uterus can cause spotting
- Though very rare, a thyroid problem can also lead to spotting
- Any infection in the cervix or uterine cancer can also cause spotting
- Lastly, hormonal imbalance can also cause spotting
What can spotting signify?
Spotting is completely normal and there is no need to be worried if it happens on account of any of the following reasons.
- Light spotting at the end of the bleeding period during the menstrual cycle is common.
- Spotting can also occur during ovulation; in fact, seeing some spots of blood when one is ovulating, is often considered as an excellent sign of fertility.
- Mild spotting can also develop after sex, especially if it is for the first time, owing to the hymen getting ruptured
- Mild spotting if one is on birth control pills is also normal.
When should you be worried?
- Spotting is an early sign of pregnancy and if you are not planning to conceive any time soon, then you must visit your gynaecologist.
- Spotting may also be a symptom of any STD, primarily Chlamydia or Gonorrhea.
- As spotting could also be indicative of cancer, it’s advisable to not delay and consult the gynaecologist immediately.
I am of age 26. I got married before 7 months and now a days my wife is pregnant. In this situation, can I do sex with my wife? if yes, then how many times in a week? if not, then my question is why?
Hi doctors I have undergone cervix stitch bcoz of internal Os opening and lil funneling please help me I underwent this stitch 1 week back I'm in complete bed rest I'm 23+3 week pregnant I don't want to lose this baby very slight pain in left belly tht is near pelvic bone I don't know what is happening to me please help me out and some sharp pain in vagina I'm fed up of this bed rest but also I vl continue is everything thing ok or what can funneling can be closed thru bed rest please help me.
I had sex in december 2k13 but I checked and the results was negative and in January I didn't got my periods I took a medicine for periods and I don't know d name of that medicine and after taking that the next day I got down that was 25th january and now its 16th march I didn't got my periods I am really worried please help me what should I do please rply asap
Q: How to correct wrong posture while standing, sitting or walking to avoid cervical or lumbar spondylitis and to get free from back pain.
A: first of all take care of your neck as its most likely to get affected by wrong posture. Causing cervical pain and gradually cervical spondylitis. Raise your head or just try to see the roof atleast 10 times a day. As we see 100 times downwards in a day but not even 2 times upward which makes an imbalance. And also stretching your neck upwards is a very good exercise for neck.
Now coming to shoulders just pull your shoulders up and then stretch them slightly allowing your chest to come forward, just like a jawan of army.
Now the most important part lower back, try to maintain your lordotic curve while walking and specially when sitting. Don't allow your body to get loose, if you maintain this posture for 2 weeks, your body will adapt this posture and you will get corrected automatically when you are wrong.
Also while walking look forward and not downwards, walk straight with your shoulders up, chest forward & your belly pulled in, with slight hand movements.
For more details on posture book your appointment on my page of lybrate.
Hi I am 29 years and got facial hair after my pcod. Now I have reduced my 11 kg weight n of 56 kg with 5'3" height and also internally fine. So want to know that how can I get rid of these facial hairs without laser and any other electric treatment.
Last period date: 10aug-15aug. Had unprotected sex on 27th aug. And had ipill (ecp) 6 hours after the intercourse for the first time in her life. After four days on 1st September she started bleeding. The pain and blood was just like her periods. Bleeding continued for 3 days and stopped on the fourth day. Yesterday i.e:18th September, she did a test with prega news pregnancy kit which came negative. My question is that every thing fine? Do we still have to worry about pregnancy. We are tensed. please help.
My wife is having regular delay in periods. She usually get cycles in 45 days and many times in 60 days. Whether we need to consult the doctor.
I want to get pregnant, can you please suggest a lubricant name that we should use. My last date of period was 20/11/16 and my periods are always regular. So which dates will be more effective?
We all know that the homeopathic system of medicine is side effect free, so apparently there is no harm if these medicines are not consumed in an appropriate manner. But the only issue of concern here is that the medicines would be less effective if you are not consuming them in the right manner. So here are a few tips that you necessarily need to keep in mind while following a homeopathic medicine course.
1. Never touch the medicines
Ideally you should never touch the homeopathic medicines with your bare hands, fingers or palm. This is because touching them reduces their potency, thereby declining their efficiency. Additionally, never use printed papers which contain ink like pages torn from a book, newspapers, etc. For handling homeopathic medicine. This is because the ink may react with the medicines, thereby hampering its efficiency. Always use bottle caps or plain papers provided along with the medicines.
2. Follow the thirty minute rule
This particular rule states that you should not ideally consume any food half an hour before and half an hour after consuming the homeopathic medicine dosage. This is done so that any other elements present inside the food do not react with the medicines, hence making them less effective.
3. Stay away from addictive substances
Addictive behaviors such as smoking or chewing tobacco, drinking alcohol and doing drugs are considered to have a nullifying effect on the homeopathic medications that you are exposed to. Thus it is desirable not to engage in such acts, till the time your homeopathic medications continues.
4. Strong smelling edibles
You can have garlic and onion with homeopathic medicine, but make sure there is a gap of one hour before you consume them, either before or after. The strong smelling edibles will not hamper the medicinal effect, if taken 1 hour before or after the medicine.
I am 18 yrs old. During monthly periods I m suffering from huge stomach pain. What is the reason behind it. Should I use metal.
Effects of Smoking on Sexual Health
Smoking, in general, has a negative effect on the human body. It can cause a host of disorders such as mouth cancer, blood pressure problems, and lung cancer. Smoking affects the sexual performance of both men and women.
Here are some effects that smoking has on sex :-
1. Impotence: Smoking can damage the blood vessels that lead to erectile dysfunction (a condition where the penis cannot sustain an erection).
2. Decrease in libido: Smoking can cause various physical problems such as stamina reduction and lack of desire for sex. An individual who smokes won't be able to give an optimal sexual performance and this can further lower satisfaction levels.
3. Erectile dysfunction: Smoking can cause problems related to the circulation of the blood in the body. It can narrow the arteries that supply blood and this is directly linked with erectile dysfunction.
4. Tissue damage: Smoking can damage the tissues inside the penis thus impairing your ability to have an erection during sexual intercourse.
5. Early onset of menopause: It can affect the estrogen (a sex hormone) levels in the female body; so, women who smoke tend to reach menopause early.
6. Reduction in penis size: It can reduce the penis size in men by damaging the blood vessels and the structure of the tissue around the penis. This is more common in younger men.
7. Reduction in stamina: Smoking can cause a reduction in the stamina, thus a person will not be able to perform well sexually. It can lead to fatigue and tiredness during sex.
Of course, there are a lot of therapies which can help you recover from the damage already happened because of smoking and prevent further damage.
Related Tip: Smoking and Its Effect on Teeth
I had pcos taking metformin. I read abt normoz medicine is good for pcos. Can I take both medicines together.
Pregnancy of 6 months old patient is suffering from abdominal pain from last 10 days and nausea vomiting today. Is hyocimax plus is safe or any other medication.
Natural remedies for general weakness:
- Soak 8-10 almonds and 1 teaspoon rice overnight. Remove the outer skin of almonds and make a fine paste. Mix in some milk and a pinch of turmeric powder (haldi). Boil in water and drink this with sugar candy (mishri) or ordinary sugar to taste.
- Take mango slices. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon honey, a pinch of saffron (kesar), cardamom (chhoti illaichi) and rose water (gulab jal) on it. Take twice daily.
- Do 10-15 minutes of warm up and stretching exercises in the morning before leaving for work. This will help to keep you fresh and prevent tiredness.
- Never skip your morning breakfast.
- Take a break from your daily routine. Set some goals in the day to perform. Learn to delegate work as too many things together can be a cause for fatigue and tiredness.
- A warm shower after work or before going to bed is also helpful.
- Avoid cigarette smoking, alcohol and tobacco as far as possible.
- Avoid burning the candle from both the ends by sleeping late and getting up early in the morning. Have a sound sleep for at least 7-8 hours daily.