Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Dharani .GYour feedback matters!
Helo doctor I am 25 years old ,my height 4.5 inches, my weight 68 kg ,my face have many black spots, And I have 11 month baby, after delivery I was little fat but over belly, so I am very same for my belly, every person told are you pregnant? So please help me doctor How to reduce my belly And which cream used my face.
Hi, im a newly married men from last three month im doing the sexual intercourse using the condom but now days I don't like to do the intercourse with condom and my partner do not like to take pills to avoid pregnancy kindly help me what is the right time to do sexual intercourse without condom.
Rathika had taken ipill even though she dint had intercourse n she got her next periods 3days late. And the Lybrate doctors had suggested to go for home pregnancy test and she tested 2 times after her periods with a gap of 1 week. And it was negative and the doctors told no worries about pregnancy but this month also she has not yet got her periods and the periods date was on 10th of this month.
My periods are irregular, usually occurs every 2 month sometimes normally every month. After scanning a doctor told me that no problem to worry it is because of PCOD but ovulation is normal. Yesterday i felt a smaall amount of bleeding but my periods was on 31 jan. Is there any problem doctor?
My friend has prob of luekoria. From like 1 week. Would like to take homeopathy or ayurveda medicine for it.
Hi All, Kindly suggest is it safe to have sex during first trimester or not? Also suggest what kind of precautions we should take for safe pregnancy?
Hi I'm 36 years old my periods r irregular & ihv hypothyroidism for which I take medication. .as I'm slightly overweight to .we already went for Ivf treatment twice but it was unsuccessful im worried shld I try for 3rd time or not if yes can you please suggest any food which boost up my chances to get pregnant, & my husband's sperm count is low. And he doesn't want to take any multivitamin for that.
My friend has a problem in her menses cycle. She gets regular periods but it last upto 9 days longer. In between she doesn't take head bath. For this I recommended her to take head bath after 3 days and the days after that to take bath daily coz I heard from one of my family doctor that taking bath before 4th day may cause uterus swelling during childbirth. But she refused to accept my advice. Can I get help regarding this issue. What's the actual truth.
25 year female and 4 months pregnant. Vaginal bleeding since 2months. Fasting and ppbs sugar levels are 83, 99 resp. But gtt values are 170, 164, 120, 99 each taken at half an hour intervals. 15th week scan said placenta is 2cm above os. Does my sugar level variation cause vaginal bleeding or is it due to low lying placenta? please help me soon. I am worried.
Importance of fasting in navaratri.
- India is a country with a rich historical and cultural background of festivals and celebration. Like other festivals of india, navaratri also has a significance and meaning attached to it.
- The nine day sadhana of navaratri is not simply an age-old practice of worshipping the cosmic nature but also the rituals, practices and celebrations associated with it has the disciplines of health wisely interwoven into it.
- Every year the beginning of spring and the beginning of autumn are two very important junctions of climatic and solar influence as the whole of creation goes through a kind of transformation with each changing season.
- These are called ritu sandhis meaning seasonal junctions (transition from extreme seasons of summer and winter to more moderate seasons like spring and autumn). Due to the changes in the nature, the bodies and minds of people undergo a considerable change. These two periods or junctions are taken as opportunities for detoxification of body, mind and soul which in turn helps to maintain our physical and mental balance.
- The beginning of autumn is celebrated as the festival of navaratri, the nine day period which commences on the first day of the bright fortnight of the lunar month of ashwina.
- " nava-ratri" literally means" nine nights"
- The navaratri festival is observed by cleansing one's self of all the impurities to experience the divinity within. This observance is called upavaas, which literally means ‘residing close to oneself’.
- Fasting is one of the techniques which is part of upavaas.
- Navaratri is the time when people fast for cleansing, detoxifying and getting their bodies rested. Fasts are a means of internal cleansing, physically and spiritually. The basic cause of many diseases is the accumulation of toxic materials in the digestive system. When one fasts, the load on the digestive system reduces and meanwhile the body is able to carry out the cleansing needed in the system. It supports in adapting to the bodily changes during ritu sandhi.
- Fasting also helps to build up self-control and discipline and bring more awareness control over senses which ultimately elevate the state of consciousness.
- The world is a manifestation of three gunas (qualities) namely satva, rajas and tamas. These three qualities exist in varying levels within one's mind.
- -satva is the quality comprising of clarity, purity and peace of mind which makes one dynamic, creative and harmonious.
- -rajas is activity or movement which in excess results in pleasure seeking activities, anger, arrogance and destructiveness.
- -tamas is inertia which in excess leads one to dullness lethargy.
- We contain all of these gunas in varying degrees and they are in constant interplay with each other. Excessive rajas and tamas has a disturbing influence upon the mind and does not allow one to go deep within oneself.
- So during navaratri, the aim is to reduce these disturbing influences and increase satva, allowing the satvik qualities to prevail leading to the highest condition of the mind.
- On the first three days of navaratri, tamo guna prevails, then during the next three days, rajo guna prevails and during the last three days, satva guna prevails.
- Diet lifestyle has a deep influence on the state of one's mind and can therefore manipulate the levels of satva, rajas and tamas in one’s being.
- Fasting in a disciplined way brings harmony between satva, rajas and tamas.
How to fast during navaratri:
- On the first three days, we can follow a fruit fast:
- Sweet fruits like: apple, banana, chikku, papaya, watermelon, sweet grapes and juices like amla juice, lauki juice and tender coconut water can be had.
- On the next three days, we can have a one time meal of the traditional navaratri diet, during the rest of the day, we could have fruit juices, buttermilk milk.
- During the last three days, we could follow a traditional navaratri diet.
- Caution: the above diet is for a healthy person. If you have any health concerns, you could fast with minor changes in the prescribed diet, with the guidance of your vaidya.
- Traditional navaratri diet:
- The diets followed during navaratri are pitta pacifying as during this season there is a possibility of pitta being increased in the body.
- Grains are avoided for the first few days.
Traditionally prescribed foods are:
- Kuttu (buckwheat) roti and fasting rice (shamak rice).
- Dosa from the shamak rice,
- Dishes made of sago (sabudana), singhara atta (water chestnut flour), rajgira, potatoes, yam (suran), colocacia (arbi) sweet potatoes (shakarkand), kachalu etc.
- Use ghee, milk and buttermilk. All these are cooling and pacifies pitta (raita of bottle gourd (lauki), raita of pumpkin (kaddu).
- Drink lot of fluids like tender coconut water, juices, vegetable soups, etc. Besides providing energy, they also maintain the fluid levels and cleanse the toxins in your body.
- Fruit chat made with papaya, pear (nashpati), apple.
- Use sandhav namak (rock salt) instead of common salt, for cooking.
- Avoid fried foods (replace fried potato with boiled potato).
- Use healthy cooking methods like roasting, boiling, steaming and grilling.
- Delicacies like sabudan vada, sprouted gram sundals, kuttu pakoda, singhara burfee and kheer can be had from the 8th day onwards.
- Be strictly vegetarian.
- Avoid onion and garlic.
Those who cannot go for a fast can do upavaas by abstaining from non-vegetarian food, alcohol, onion, garlic, too spicy food, and replacing common salt with rock salt.
Hi ,i am suffering Irregular Periods from last 1 1/2 year. Can sugest me the ayurvedic solution for the same. Age of 32.
I have irregular periods and I have sex with my boyfriend he ejaculated for 2 mins and sperm comes out of my begins it didn't enter in my vagina I have taken ipill within 10 hrs and after 6 days I have bleeding like periods but painless. I am two month late for my periods I have done pregnancy test 4 time and all came negative now there is white discharge from vagina. Am I pregnant? Is this kind of discharge normal? please help me.
My wife has normal delivery on 20 Jan 17. When she will get her periods regular? In last 2 months she has lil blooding.
The study analyzed data from 77,525 women in the Nurses’ Health Study and from 49,403 men in the Health Professionals Follow–up Study. The risk was related to the duration of use of the painkillers. There was a decrease in the risk by 19% if the painkiller was used for less than four years. There was a 36 per cent increase in risk of kidney cancer for people who used them regularly for 4 to 10 years. The risk increased almost three times for those who used these drugs regularly for 10 years or more.
The good news is that kidney cancer is uncommon so the risk is small for average users.
Two other important causes of kidney cancer are obesity and smoking. So people on painkillers should not smoke and should also keep their weight under control to prevent kidney cancer.