Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dharampal G K
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Dharampal G KYour feedback matters!
Recently I am working 8 hrs by standing. And my knees and ankle palm hurts. Why this is happen. Also I do regular gym so today when I was trying to squat to perform leg workout I load 30 kg wt startup and done 10 reps so I increase wt now 45 kg so when I lift weight I did 1 seat up my knees around areas hurts so I stop exercise. When my 1 st job was just seating and relax and that time I could lift 80 kg wt for leg workout. Why this is happen today. Is thr any serious issue. Please gimme suggestion. Thank very much.
Hi, I am going to gym since 1 month, I used to take 2 scoops whey protein and 5 gms of creatine daily, from the last 4 days my back is paining at kidney place, is there any side effects to those supplements? And yesterday I got fever. I can't understand that is back pain or any kidney problem. Can you please suggest any idea to. My problem?
I asked that I have round shoulders and I was recommended that I have to pull my chest up daily. This exercise will help to correct my posture. I have read somewhere that shoulder braces is far better than exercise is it correct? And from where I can get this. Please solve my query and if you could suggest me some better exercise I will be thankful. I want to join gym because of this bullshit shoulder I can't do the same it loose your confidence. Help me.
Hi Pain in both leg ankle after running from last 10 years, doctors told it is spur. Please suggest.
I have an pain in my left hand from tw o months. I have shown it to a doctor. He told me that some nerve has been tampered. N gave me some medicines. Bt pain is still there. What should I do. Pain in in my left hand wrist n palm n all fingers. Reply plz.
I m 22 years old male I have some problems in my left shoulder & neck region for last 3 or 4 months currently I m facing more difficulties in studying due to pain on that region its also effects my sleeping I regularly do some exercises (i. E. Pushing head with hands from right & left side n frm forward & backwards n frm chin to upwards) for my prblm & it's helpful 4 me 4long time but now it doesn't work so pls suggest me something to recover from it.
Ever faced a nagging low backache that won't go away? You could be dealing with sciatica. Sciatica or sciatic nerve pain is not a diagnosis, but is a symptom of a deeper problem. Sciatica is a pain in the lower limb and back due to compression or inflammation of nerves exiting from the lower vertebrae due to disc prolapse/herniation/ protrusion. Discs in vertebrae provide cushioning to the vertebrae during movement. The spinal nerves of the lower limb emerge from both sides and get inflammed due to disc prolapse. Inflammation can be controlled by depositing anti-inflammatory drugs with a non-surgical technique using fluroscopy, called spinal root block. If the disc prolapse is severe it can cause weakness of the lower limb or difficulty in controlling bladder/ bowel movement, surgery is performed to remove offending disc. Many times symptoms dissolve with nerve medications along with physical therapy.
Conditions that trigger sciatica include degenerative discs, spinal stenosis, a herniated disc in the lumbar region or spondylolisthesis. Whether your sciatica pain is persistent or sporadic, it can make routine tasks difficult to perform. The good news is that there are a number of remedies to ease this pain and improve the health of your spine.
- Hot and cold therapy: Sciatic pain that extends down to the thighs can be relieved by alternating between a heat pack and an ice pack. Each pack can be applied for about 20 minutes at a stretch every two hours. However, this does not treat the sciatic nerve itself.
- Pain medications and steroid injections: Over the counter pain medication like ibuprofen or muscle relaxants can help alleviate pain and reduce inflammation. In chronic cases, epidural steroid injections may also be prescribed to address the inflammation and pain. Pain relief provided by medication and steroid injections can last for a few days or a few months depending on the person.
- Yoga: Sciatica patients looking for long-term relief often turn towards alternative forms of treatment like yoga. Yoga helps strengthen muscles, increases flexibility and improves posture. This is more beneficial towards preventing sciatica problems from arising than treating ongoing sciatic pain. When practicing yoga with a sciatica problem, it is very important to understand your body's limitations and not overextend your back muscles.
- Massage: A massage that treats sciatic pain is very different from the usual massage, you may get at a spa. A massage can be done to relieve sciatic pain involves putting pressure on the inflamed part of the back and the piriformis muscle. This is the muscle is located on the sciatic nerve and can trigger sciatic pain. In most cases, 3 to 4 massage sessions at intervals of 7 to 10 days can have effective results on sciatic pain.
- Physical therapy: Sciatica patients often find the slightest movement extremely painful. While lying in a bad is tempting, it can actually worsen the pain. Exercise increases blood flow to the spine and helps flush out toxins. Going for a walk, light aerobics or swimming are ideal ways for a sciatica patient to exercise.
- Chiropractic manipulation: This involves realigning the spinal column and is an effective way of treating underlying conditions that trigger sciatic pain. These spinal adjustments should only be performed by licensed chiropractors or osteopathic physicians.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!