Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. DhanishaYour feedback matters!
I am 20 years old. I am getting severe stomach ache at nights. So please tell me a remedy for it. Thank you.
Pregnancy is a transformation phase in itself -it brings with it changes to almost all body systems. The oral tissues and the teeth are also affected significantly. Extra precaution is required to maintain regular oral health and avoid severe decay and/or gum disease. If not avoided, the dental infections can cause severe systemic infections and require strong antibiotics, x-rays, minor surgeries, and root canal therapy which may not be safe during pregnancy.
Higher levels of estrogen during pregnancy in the blood lead to a lot of visible changes in the oral cavity - higher incidence of tooth decay, gingival and periodontal inflammation, and even minor benign tumours in some cases. The notorious morning sickness plays havoc with the person's oral hygiene habits, thereby further complicating the situation.
Prior to pregnancy: A pre-pregnancy dental check-up to look for gum health and decay would go a long way in a healthy pregnancy, from the dental point of view at least. A thorough scaling and screening for cavities done before pregnancy can help avoid dental visits during the term, other than for routine checkup.
Pregnancy: If that pre-pregnancy visit could not happen, then visiting your dentist should be one of the first things to do as soon as you have confirmed your pregnancy. At this stage, no dental treatment can be done. Any elective procedures (cosmetic, etc.) will have to be done only after delivery. If the dentist identifies no cause for worry, that is great news. However, if there are any causes for concern, like a decay, the non-invasive treatment should be done at the earliest. When you are pregnant, note the following from a dental point of view:
- Oninvasive treatments like minor fillings can be done
- Regular scaling and polishing is not a problem
- Let the dentist know about all the medications you are taking
- Visit the dentist every 3 to 4 months for a regular check-up
- Follow good oral hygiene practices including, brushing, rinsing, and flossing
- Switch to a bland toothpaste in case of severe morning sickness
- Watch your diet - the teeth forming in the fetus require nutrition through you, so ensure adequate intake of minerals like calcium and potassium
- Avoid sweets and sticky/chewy foods that can lead to plaque formation
Though dental procedures can be done during the 4th to 6th month, they are best avoided, which can be done with better planning and some minimal care.
After delivery: After the delivery of the baby, please visit your dentist to ensure you have again ensured there is no emergent dental condition requiring attention. Resume your regular dental care after delivery.
With a little planning and extra care, dental health can be managed nicely during pregnancy with minimal to no pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.
I am selected for indian navy job, I but officers reject me due to over weight compare to my night, I am 5'7" night and 85 KGS please give the information to reduce my weight.
I am suffering from serious hairfall since 3 months. Before it my hair was so healthy. But now there is some white substance on my scalps and my hair falling non stop. What medicine to take.
Hi I am kavi I am 22 years old I have height problem please any ideas will give me please how to increase my height naturally within few months it is possible or not tell me.
I am suffering from pimples on my face. It has ruined my face and made it ugly. It has been since 4 to 5 years.
What is the best home remedy for hair fall? And which is the best anti-dandruff shampoo? Please advice.
I am 22 years and 171 cms height and 90 kgs weight .i want to reduce my fat 17 kgs in a healthy way. How? And how much time it will takes.
Technology affects every aspect of our lives including how we date. Today, the first interaction a couple has isn’t over a cup of coffee, but through the internet. While some people swear by online dating others are still vary of it. Like a coin, online dating has two sides; pros and cons. Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of online dating.
- Easier way of meeting people: If you’re new to the city, online dating can be a great way of introducing yourself to new people. Even if you don’t find a relationship, you might end up with a number of new friends. Online dating can help you meet new people even if you’ve lived in the same city all your life. It broadens your search and introduces you to people outside your friend circle. You might even meet someone who can help you network better professionally.
- Convenient: Careers can be very demanding and leave a person almost no time to socialise. Online dating helps people who have no time to socialise in person, meet people virtually. Today, most online dating websites and apps have filters through which you screen people. hence unlike when a friend sets you up on a blind date, you already know something about the other person and have something in common with them. Online dating also makes optimal use of time; taking a ten-minute break between work - you can easily scan through dating profiles and find someone you’d like to meet.
- Dishonest profiles: Unfortunately, the internet makes it easy to lie and pretend to be someone you are not. While small white lies like pretending to like outdoor activities when you don’t really care for them are okay, some people may put up profiles that are nothing like their actual personalities. This can make online dating slightly unsafe and hence whenever you meet someone from our online dating world, it is best to do so in a place where there will be other people as well.
- Different understanding of relationships: Not everyone who makes a dating profile is interested in a long term relationship. For some people, this may just be a way of meeting people to have a fling with or to simply make new friends. Online dating makes it difficult to understand a person’s true personality and hence you may not realise that you and the other person have a different opinion about relationships until quite late. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.