Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. DhananjayYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am 66 years old. Suffering from depression for loss of my wife. Staying alone. Less sleep. No urge to live. Stress reducing medicine. Do exercise for 1 hour.
Hi doctor. I am 16 year old boy and have voice problem. I have nice voice but sometimes lady voice comes sudden. Only for a single word and then back to my voice again. I mean that just for a second lady voice comes. Please help.
Kuch din phle mere pechan mai ek ladke ne suicide kr liya tha. Lkin reason aisa likha tha suicide note mai ki pure log ke hosh udd gaye.((use koi saya suicide krne ko bol raha tha) sir I am practical person ye baat bht presan kr rahi hame. Aisa kyu hota hai? Iska koi ilaz hai? Sir ye sub soch kr azib sa darr lgne lga hai.
Hi doctor. I have body pain from 3 Days. Specially right side. Bahot zyada pain hora back side and in knees.
I have pain below the neck at the centre of the chest and I have smoking habit I have pain at wake up early morning.
Hi there! I have been suffering from hight phobia now a days! Whenever I go somewhere at top I get too afraid! Is there anything I can do to avoid this type of fear in future?
Hello sir/madam, I am going through may be depression, as my seven year love affair ended, as my boyfriend is getting married to some other girl due to family wishes, I talked to him many times tried to explain him that I cannot handle this breakup, but his answer is just sorry as he can not do anything. I am from Bhopal 29 years working Female. Please suggest me something as I am unable to sleep, my sleep gets break, I always thinks about him and due to high anxiety I call him n gets only gets depressed. Please help me.
An idle mind is a devil’s workshop. When there is too much time on your hands with nothing to do, you end up thinking about things which are not going well, leading to depression. Come to think of it, if there is nothing that you can do to improve it, there is no point wasting time over it. On the other hand, if there is something to improve the situation, just go ahead and do it, so everybody involved is happy. However, if there are too many other factors which are beyond control, then you need to see how to change your outlook towards it.
One such effective way is to keep yourself busy and distract yourself from it. The following are some simple measures, which can be very effective in dealing with stress.
- Sleep it off: One of the main reasons for depression is the physical exhaustion and lack of good rest. So, it is good once in a while to just sleep it off and give your body the much deserved rest. This gives the brain a chance to begin to heal and feel better.
- Clean up the house: The home or the space you enter into indirectly indicates your state of mind. A clean home and workspace means that much less clutter in the brain. Clean out the closet, give away your old stuff, and in the process, you would end up feeling good about having helped somebody. You will also realize how much excess stuff you have collected over the years. Stacked up in the attic and cartons, these were meant for use on “some fine day”, which never seemed to arrive.
- Exercise: Force yourself to exercise. While initially it would be an ordeal, gradually you will enjoy it. Exercise also releases chemicals in the brain, which make you feel good about yourself. In addition, the physical benefits will start to show up, leaving you feeling elated and in a chirpier mood.
- Travel: When you go solo traveling, the amount of time you spend with yourself just increases. The changed surroundings will help you understand yourself better and come to terms with things that can be under your control. You learn to let go of things and come to terms with life. If time and money are limitations, go out and explore places in your own surrounding city or town. You will realize how little you know the city or town you live in.
- Hobbies: Whether it is learning to play guitar or speak Spanish, pick something that you have always wanted to do over the years and work at it. You will see the depression vanish in no time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.