Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. DhananjayYour feedback matters!
I have multiple scattered calcific foci with healed granulomatous in my parietal lobe of brain as discovered 10 years back. I had 4 major siezures and 4 simple partial focal siezures till date. I am on a eptoin 300mg a day since 5 years. Can I consume alcohol ?
Do males lose virginity as well? If yes, does it hurt? Can masturbation be a reason for loss of virginity?
Instead of using underarm deodorants and sometimes even powder still after sometimes a foul odour comes please suggest me something!
Sir, my problem is related to cold & cough. In a month I had cold for 2 or 3 times. Why I am always suffering from cold. Please help me.
I am not diabetic but I test my sugar test fasting the report is 106 so how should I control sugar by home remedies.
My external skin of penis is very tight. It doesn't go back even I try to pull. I never participated in sex. Will it create problem in participating sex? What shall I do?
My dad has got harpies disease today .its look very reddish n scary too. He is diabetic too. We have shown to our family doc .he has given anti injection n said it will be covered in 2-3 days. Kindly suggest shd we go skin specialities or is it normal disease.
my anklets are swollen. If I sleep swelling is reduced, but I sit for long hours in the office makes the legs swollen. what to do?
Sir mujhe din me or sam ko yellow toilet aa ti hai. Me sir koi supplements or medicine nahi leta hu. Or body weak feel krti hai. My age 24 and weight 64.
I have lot of pain I'm my eyes, ears, legs, stomach, headache, teeth please tell me what do doctor no relive from my pains tell me what to do.?
I have sex problem in childhood I have done masturbation maximum time so I have sheegrapatan problem.
When ever I rub my nose I get to sneeze a lot at least 5times continuously while rest of day every thing seems OK I mean no cough no cold it happen only when I rub it.
With more people frankly discussing about the loss of libido, studies have been conducted to investigate the reasons behind this. Surprisingly, in addition to hormonal and functional causes like genital issues, one common factor that causes loss of libido in both men and women is lifestyle changes. In addition to improper food habits and loss of exercise, loss of sleep is one of the most common causes of reduced sex drive.
Listed below are some reasons how sleep affects your sex drive:
- Lowers testosterone levels: Optimal amounts of testosterone in the body are required for having a good sex drive. Sleeplessness reduces the amount of testosterone produced in the body, thereby directly affecting the person's libido. A week with only 5 hours of sleep daily can reduce testosterone levels by 15%, which is equivalent to approximately 10 to 15 years of ageing.
- Vaginal lubrication: Studies have shown women who sleep regularly are wetter and have less pain during sex. Painful sex in turn reduces the sex drive in women.
- Erectile dysfunction: Improper sleep habits also reduces the quality of erection, thereby leaving you dissatisfied. Patients with sleep apnea who breathe irregularly with pauses in between were identified to have erectile dysfunction. The correlation gets stronger when the erectile dysfunction and sleep apnea improved drastically with regular sleep habits.
- Sleep induced depression: Sleeplessness leads to depression and general fatigue, and the last thing one wants to indulge in when depressed and tired is to have a sex.
- Impaired cognitive function: In addition to depression, deprived sleep also leaves you with overall reduced cognitive function, which leads to a vicious cycle of not reacting to your partner's instincts, etc. If you are not able to decipher whether or not the other person is interested, then the frequency and more importantly the quality of sex is reduced. This again sends out wrong signals to the partner, who will also not make the first move. And that again leads to a gradual decline of your sex life.
- Reduces love: Ever wondered why good sex is followed by a sound sleep and leaves you feeling fresh. There are strong chemical reasons to it sex induces hormones like prolactin which helps you relax and feel rested; it also produces the cuddle hormone oxytocin which increases the goodness feeling; it also reduces cortisol which is the stress hormone. All these increase feelings of belonging and love between the partners, which are affected by lack of sleep.
So, if you and your partner have been have been wondering how to rekindle your love life, think of getting a good night's sleep and sex will happen on its own.