Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Devika GopinathYour feedback matters!
I have been wearing spectacles since 10 years because of eye sight problem now I'm wearing a contact lenses. I have problem in my eye eye is become very red when I put the lenses what will. I do?
I have red eyes from long time. During seasonal change I feel irritation. Can you please suggest me what should I do?
She is suffering with eye problem, and some time she is with highly headache on only middle side. She doesn't see all thing clear without glass. She doesn't wear glass always. please give in me information about control on it.
I have under gone a cataract operation but now after months I feel itching and redness in that eye. What should I do?
With technology at your fingertips, it is hard to think of times when the existence of laptops and television sets was unimaginable. Technology is common enough to be taken for granted in present times. TV and laptops are especially in widespread use. The primary reason could be entertainment, an urge to connect to the larger world, or the need to kill time. Such dependability leads to severe health hazards. Read on to find out more:
Effects of TV and laptops on your health:
- Sleep deprivation: Long hours of exposure to artificial light can lead to sleep deprivation.
- It can also lead to serious vision problems: Watching TV or using laptops for long hours can make your eyes vulnerable to constant glare. You fail to realize, but changing lights of a computer screen or of a television set in a dark room can be extremely strenuous for your eyes to adjust. Constantly changing lights can lead to glaucoma. However, dry and itchy eyes, headaches and poor vision are the commonly noticed effects.
- It causes obesity in children and adults: Since all your work can be done on the internet, you tend to become lethargic. You are too lazy to go to the market or to the bank. Even if you are not watching you use the television for background music. Adults therefore do not make qualitative use of their free time. Children are addicted to playing games and browsing sites on the laptop. They hardly indulge in outdoor games. This leads to obesity in adults and children all the same.
- Propels your desire to eat fast food or packaged food: Binge eating is a very common practice while watching TV or using laptops. Chips, pizzas, burgers, ice- creams, cold drinks and absolutely anything junk devoid of nutritional value are more liked by us. Junk food not only leads to weight gain but is also detrimental to our digestive system.
- Can increase the risk of infertility in men: Laptops heat up when used for a long span of time. This heat can increase scrotum temperature which results in reduced sperm production, leading to infertility.
As is said, nothing in excess is good for your health. It is therefore, best to make controlled use of TV and laptops to avoid its harmful effects.
I am 54 years old and suffering from cataract in both the eyes from april 2015. Is it necessary to operate at once? Can we operate one eye after another? Is there any medicine to cure without operation? shall we start routine office work after the operation?
Sir I feel irritation in my eyes while using mobile or watching tv how can I relieve my self from this problem? Please advise.
My eyes are becoming very weak. Please tell me how to solve it? When I watch t v my head starts paining. Please reply.
Sir, I have eyesight for 7 years. Now the power is -8. I want to go through basic laser. Is there any problems after basic laser. Can anyone please tell me.
My FAther Left eyes is suffering from glaucoma since 15 years. He lose his right eyes light before 8 years. Now doctors says after some days his lose this eyes light also. If we operate then 5% only chances of light. So advise.
I have red eyes when I ride bike with open eyes and eye tear drop frequently. What can I do and what presumption I take?
I am suffering from allergy. I have reddish ness in my left eyeball. And a lot of pain. I have consulted a doctor who prescribed me decomic and just tears but there is no desirable effect.
My son age 12 Yrs suffering from Nystagmus by birth. He is under treatment from Venu Eye Institute New Delhi. Doctors said that there is nothing to do for improvement in vision but squint may be remove by surgery. Kindly advise me for his best treatment. I will be thankful to you.
My eye sight is getting weak, I am working in office as data entry operator on computer. Please tell me the best eye drops which can help me in recovering my sight.
After every 20 to 30 minutes of work, look at a distant away object and blink several times.
People tend to reduce blink rate while working on computer. This can lead to dry eyes. Try to blink 12 to 15 times every minute.
Exercise your eyes at frequent intervals. Eye exercise is simple.
All you need to do is just blink several times, then close your eyes and role them in clockwise and anti clockwise direction