Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
I am 22 year old, in this summer we are facing above 42 degrees temperature, so can you please tell what precautions we need to fallow.
Oligospermia, also known as low sperm count, is a condition in which the fluid men ejaculate during orgasm contains less than 15 million sperm per milliliter. Consequently, low sperm count reduces your ability to father a child although there are certain treatments which can help alleviate the condition. Environmental factors, as well as your lifestyle, can affect your sperm count. It can also be a side effect of other medical conditions and diseases. Following are the causes and treatments for Oligospermia:
1. Medical causes - Medical conditions like varicoceles result in reduced sperm count along with complications like allergies and ejaculation problems. Antibodies in the form of immune system cells can also contribute to Oligospermia. Alterations in the hormones and defects of tubules that carry the sperm can cause significant damage to the sperm quality. Certain medications, celiac disease, tumors are also among other medical causes which can result in low sperm count.
2. Environmental causes - Environmental causes comprise of industrial chemicals like benzenes and pesticides along with heavy metal exposure, which reduces sperm production. High amounts of radiations in the form of X-ray can be responsible for permanently affecting the production of sperms. Overheating can also impair sperm production and limit the sperm count.
3. Lifestyle and health - Repeated drug abuse and excessive alcohol consumption are among the leading causes behind Oligospermia. Lower sperm count is also a condition among men who are obese and suffer from emotional stress. Moreover, studies reveal that smoking is also closely linked to infertility issues in men.
Related Tip: Ways to Overcome Sexual Repression?
Had stroke in October and left hands and legs got paralyzed. Now she got movement in left legs around 40% but not completely. Left hand is still paralyzed. No movement noticed despite many physiotherapy exercises. She is a diabetic patient and also having cholesterol issues. Now both are in the normal level. Is it possible to set right that?
With the new fad to eat fatfree foods and remain healthy, the intent is to completely avoid fat. However, it is to be noted that fat is essential for various normal body functions, starting from proper brain functioning to hormone formation. What needs to be avoided is the unhealthy bad fat. Fat contains fatty acids, which are of two types-saturated and unsaturated. When heated, the polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) react with the oxygen in the environment and get damaged. These are to be avoided. The saturated fatty acids are relatively strong and do not oxidize or create damage. So, the next time you pick up oils, this is what you need to look at.
The good thing about olive oils is that it mostly contains monosaturated fatty acids (MSFA), which does not oxidize even at high temperatures (almost 180 degree Celsius).Another study showed that with deep frying using olive oil, it takes about 25 hours to produce the same damage as other cooking oils. Olive oil is produced by crushing olives.It can be refined or unrefined based on the amount of free oleic acid (lesser in the unrefined version).The unrefined form is the purer form, which is also known as extra-virgin olive oil. It has the aroma and flavor of olives and characteristic bitter taste.
What it contains: A can of 100 g of olive oil contains the following. Note the high content of monosaturated fat is present, which is highly healthy.
- Monounsaturated Fat: About 70%
- Saturated fat:About 13%
- Omega-6:About 10%
- Omega-3:About 1%
- Vitamin E:72% of the RDA.
- Vitamin K:75% of the RDA.
Some of the health benefits of extra virgin olive oil are listed below:
- Anti-inflammatory: Heart disease, cancers, diabetes, Alzheimer's are all chronic inflammatory conditions and using olive oil for prolonged periods can reduce the onset and severity of these conditions. The oleic acid acts against the C-reactive protein responsible for spreading inflammation.
- Antioxidants: The ingredients in olive oil including the anti-inflammatory oleocanthal and oleuropein are known for their antioxidant properties.The latter is what prevents oxidation of olive oil when heated. These have powerful health benefits and can help fight severe diseases.
- Cardio-friendly: There are various ways in which olive oil helps the heart, some of them being reduced inflammation, preventing blood clotting, lowering blood pressure, improving blood vessel lining, and improves LDL levels.
- Cancer: With its oxidative properties, it reduces the amount of free radicals in the body, thereby reducing cancer.
- Brain function: Olive oil also reduces cognitive functioning and reduces formation of beta amyloid which is seen in Alzheimer's disease.
The Mediterranean diet is rich in olive oil and they have inherited these health benefits over centuries.