Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Devaki ShanmughanYour feedback matters!
Hi Dr, I am Brinda, 30yrs, F. Married since 7years. PCOD (on glycomet 850 and Normoz. Gone through 6 Follicular study no results. I conceived on own before 4years but it was miscarriage on 6th week (Only sac was seen could not see baby till 6th week scan). Now my Dr. Suggested for Advanced Diagnostic Hystereolaproscopy to find any blocks in my tubes and other fertile aspects. I would like to know if I surely have to undergo this laparoscopy or as an alternate could I go for IUI or IVF to conceive skipping this laparoscopy. Please advise. Thanks.
7 month ago suddenly I felt pain in my right side neck region. After 2 month of this incident I feel same pain again. I can't hold cellphone in my hand or can't do computing work for more than 5 minute. When I try to typing in mobile, pain has started but not regular. Pain is increased mainly while suffering cold or acidity problem. Then I consult with doctor & he suggest me to do x ray of cervical spine. But the report of x ray is OK. He suggested me to consult with physiotherapist. I went to physiotherapist and he show me 1.neck movement 2. Shoulder exercise 3. Spine twisting on sitting position 4. Cobra position and pranayam. I practiced for 3 days. After doing this exercise my pain became worst and continue. Now I feel pain left side neck region. What is the reason of this problem? How can I overcome from this situation?
I have facing erection problem from last 6 month, please guide me with easy and homeopathic solution.
I'm getting pain near my heart I've consulted many doctors. But there's no correct solution for my problem.
I have a very stressful life can you help me to make revive me through the stress and plus I have cold and cough.
I want to ask about my mother. She feels difficulty breathing especially from left nostril. We went to ENT doctor, he put camera in nose and said that mass and bone is fine. The we did MRI of brain, it came out that mucus is build up in sinuses. What to do for it and why it happened?
I am suffering from health issues such as getting fever in every season and eating a lot but not getting fat.
Am getting severe pain in my left eye, left forehead above eyebrow, left ear, and the facial muscles below the left side lock. Due to this I have severe head ache. What could be the problem, and which doctor should i consult?
A stroke may be called a brain attack. It may happen to any person at any time. A stroke occurs when blood supply to the brain is cut off. The brain cells become oxygen deprived due to the stroke and eventually die. Dead brain cells result in brain dysfunction due to which patients lose control over muscle and memory.
Strokes can be mild to life threatening and requires immediate medical attention. Stroke requires advanced care and should be treated by extensively qualified and experienced medical experts.
Neurosurgery satisfies all the required clauses for treatment of stroke and accounts for being one of the best ways for management of stroke. Renowned hospitals have a dedicated neurosurgical wing and a team of neurological specialists who know how to deal with stroke the best.
This form of neurology focuses on patients who have undergone a stroke or have experienced symptoms of stroke. A multidisciplinary approach is taken for the prevention of recurrent cerebrovascular conditions.
Types of stroke
- Ischemic stroke: This kind of stroke occurs when there is a blockage in a blood vessel, which supplies blood to the brain. This form of stroke is the more common. The underlying cause of this stroke is known as atherosclerosis, which is a condition where fatty deposits occur in the walls of the blood vessels and cause blockage in them.
- Hemorrhagic stroke: This type of stroke occurs when a blood vessel gets weak and ruptures into the brain. This is caused by two types of weak blood vessels known as aneurysm and arteriovenous malformation.
- Transient ischemic attack: This type of stroke is also known as a mini stroke. These attacks occur because of blood clots. The blockage caused is temporary or transient in nature.
Treatment of Ischemic stroke
- Tissue Plasminogen Activator: This is one of the best ways to treat ischemic strokes. This medicine is given to the patient intravenously. It dissolves the blood clot and improves blood flow to the area of the brain which is affected. The medicine should be given within three to four hours after stroke symptoms appear.
- Endovascular procedure: This is a process by which the blood clot is removed using a catheter, which gets inserted into the area of the blocked blood vessel. It helps in restoring blood flow to that area.
Treatment of Hemorrhagic stroke
- Endovascular procedure: Several endovascular techniques and methods are used so that the weakening of blood vessels is reduced and less bleeding is caused.
- Surgical treatment: Different modes of neurosurgery may be undertaken to stop bleeding and for relieving pressure within the skull.
When I was in class 2 or 3 I had pain in my breast and it was swallowing. My parents consulted few doctors. After 2 year I didn't told my parents about that problem and ignored that. Still now I am having same problem. Sometimes I feel big hard muscle type thing. Kindly suggest whether it is a normal symptom in women's body or is there any problem.
My wife age 35 having ulceritis colitis disease Dr. Tells she need to take medicines lifelong that feels bad. She has hairfall and irregular periods. Please advise if homeo medicines help from this and solve problems ?
I am 22 years old and have headache from last 2 days and have taken pain relief medicine. Still have headache what should I do.
Sir, I am 18 years old in class 10th I suffered from fracture in left hand I got cured by taking medicine but after that I think my height has stopped so what should I do?
Pain in both upper and lower legs. Some times pain is so severe it becomes difficult to walk. At night I am unable to sleep due to pain.
Sir/Madam, My Penis is around 14cm in length. Now, how to keep my penis healthy and hard so that I can satisfy my partner?
I can't reach full erect state. I always end up at partially erect penis I mean in fully excited state the curvature of penis becomes convex but I end up where the curvature is between plane and concave Please help.
Common cold and cough is one of the most common viral illnesses that have no specific treatment. Allopathic medicines provide palliative cure to just treat the symptoms, there is no definite antiviral for it. There is also popular belief having cold once or twice a year is a good way to cleanse the body.
Here is the homeopathic treatment for it:
- Influenzinum - It is a homeopathic remedy for flu. The medicine, which is diluted and potentized, strengthens the immune system to fight against flu viruses. It does not suppress the symptoms but makes your immune system strong to not allow foreign viruses affect your health.
- Aconitum or aconite - Used in the early stages of a cold that was sudden in onset and severe. There could be associated nasal discharge, fever and chills, chest congestion, itchy throat, and a traumatic experience. The person may also feel thirsty, anxious, and agitated.
- Allium cepa - Severe burning and watery eyes, nasal irritation, copious amounts of discharge, hoarseness, and headache. The runny nose improves in open air, but worsens when being indoors.
- Aconite - This homeopathic medicine is recommended when the most preliminary signs of common cold appear, such as getting thirsty frequently and being overly-anxious.
- Belladonna - Belladonna is for more severe signs of cold, such as high fever and persistence of a throbbing headache.
- Natrum mur - This medicine is effective for a runny nose, with initially clear snot thickening after a period of 24-48 hours.
- Pulsatilla - yellow or greenish mucous, nasal congestion, mouth breathing are some symptoms where this is used. It is very commonly used in newborn babies, if the discharge colour is green or yellow. Associated symptoms include moodiness, easy crying, craving for attention, easily hurt and sensitive. Homeopathy does'cure' the cough and cold in patients, in the true sense of the word. That provides palliative care and holistic treatment of the condition too.