Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Dev PrasadYour feedback matters!
My son 3.5 years old found with cataract in both eyes? what should I do? what will be the effect on eye after I operate?
My eyes turn red and becomes watery after it turns red? Can you tell me the reasons for my red eyes and a proper solution to it as I comes for 2-3 days every week? How to get rid of it?
Treatment for dry eyes. Irritation in the eyes as if something is lodged in the eyes. Have been operated for cataract in both the eyes about 15 years ago.
I had red eyes for. 3 days so what could I do, I think that I had flu can you please tell me what should I do.
Hello Doctor. I have problem with my eyes. For every 1 hour some white dust like particles are formed at the corner of my eyes. Visited doctors but not cured. What could be the problem. How can I stop my eyes discharging the dust like particles. I have specs for eyesight. But I use them only when at office when I work on systems. Is that one of the reasons? Pls suggest me something on this.
My 2.5 year daughter has corneal abrasion. We are consulting with child eye specialist. We are facing following problem she is not allowing to put ointment to eyes so we have to visit hospital for putting ointment on daily basis her recovery is taking too much time on doctor advise we have done esr of her and it comes 40 now has per doctor may be this is making healing slow today Dr. Also told us to take opinion of pediatric Dr. And we are doing same as per the Dr. Part initially harmed has been recovered but some new area cells are dying so recovery should take one more week. It is already 5 days Please guide us on this we are ready for good paying consultancy also.
Hello! I am 21 years old female, I have a spot or maybe a mole in the white part of my right eye. I haven't had it from the beginning but a couple of months! U would like to know possible reasons and hazards! Thank you.
Also known as short-sightedness, myopia is an eye disorder, which disables a person from seeing things clearly from a distance. Myopia impedes one's capability to see distant objects vividly and induces a general sense of blurriness. One of the most common cure for myopic conditions is the constant exposure to concave lenses, which stabilizes the curvature of the refracting surface of the eye, thus improving one's sight. Hence spectacles or contact lenses become the constant companion to a myopic individual. Myopia is often accompanied by sustained headaches and chronic colds.
In fact, under certain circumstances, myopia gets aggravated progressively, which often jeopardizes the health of the eye immensely. In the contemporary situation, where we are persistently exposed to gadgets of all sorts, maintaining the health of our eye becomes a cumbersome task. Periodic monitoring by ophthalmologists is a recommended method.
However, Ayurveda offers some easy and home-based formulae to alleviate the symptoms of myopia:
- Yashti Madhu: A teaspoonful of Yashti Madhu mixed with ghee and honey can prove beneficial to healing myopic conditions.
- Saptamrita Lauha: This medicine comprises of constituents endowed with medicinal properties like triphala, yashtimadhu, lauha bhasma, ghee and honey. It benefits the nervous activities, thereby soothing myopic troubles. It reaps better results when consumed with milk.
- Diet: Myopia is often worsened by a deficiency of vitamins in the body. Therefore increasing the supply of vitamin rich food, enhances the immunity of the body and reduces the strain on the eye caused by myopia. Some of the food items that are replete with vitamins are carrots, green leafy vegetables, citrus fruits, nuts and berries. Fish is also a very effective source of vitamins and is proven to be helpful to the eye.
- Netra Tarpan: Eye drops have often been effective cure to myopia. Netra Tarpan is an ayurvedic eye drop imbued with healing properties which not only tranquilizes the irritation in the eye, but also improves the vision.
- Lifestyle changes: Executing certain lifestyle changes can result in significant improvement in one's eyesight. Yoga and meditation are known to usher explicit health benefits. Regular sleep is also a prerequisite for curing myopia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.