Find numerous Audiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Audiologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Audiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dev Ananth
Submit a review for Dr. Dev AnanthYour feedback matters!
My hear is falling day by day it increase more and more my hear remove to stop my hear problem what can I do.
Hi I'm suffering from moderate conductive hearing loss. When I consulted a doc near by he prescribed some medicines which are related to cold some are tablets and a nasal drops. Are these medicines correct for my problem? I'm unable to understand.
I listen to songs via headphones most of the time at least 4 to 8 hrs a day but then my right ear started paining so I reduced the usage of headphones gradually now I rarely use it maybe half hour a day. Is been around 6 month since I reduced the usage time of headphones. Now a days at night time my ear pain starts and hearing a ringing sound for past 2 months. What could be the problem?
I am having trouble in hearing. I am only 45 can I have hearing problem in this age. I am not that old. Can this be because I have to communicate on headphones due to my work.
I feel I am not able to hear properly. I feel that I hear my voice louder than the others. Please help.
Dear doctor I am suffering with meniear's disease. What is the most useful medicine for this disease. And which department is mostly treat this disease.
Hearing is one of the five senses that you or anyone else relies on for communication and a whole host of other things. Among the five senses, touch, smell, taste, hearing and sight, it is often hearing, which is the most easily affected. You don't have to be a senior citizen to experience hearing loss as it is quite common among younger people as well. This problem is also getting widespread with each passing day.
Before coping with hearing loss, the first job is to detect it:
If you have a hunch that you or any of your loved ones is suffering from hearing loss, it is important that you get it diagnosed. Some of the common symptoms of hearing loss will be:
- Hearing difficulties while talking to someone over the phone
- Straining to hear conversations with family members or friends in household situations
- People usually need to repeat what they talk to you with a louder voice
- You often hear complaints that you keep the TV too loud.
- In crowded situations, such as family gatherings or a restaurant, you have problems listening to people.
Although this condition tends to affect senior citizens, an increasing trend shows younger people i.e. people mostly in their 40 and 50s and even younger than that suffer from this condition.
How to deal with hearing loss?
Some of the options to deal with hearing loss are mentioned below.
- Once diagnosed with hearing problems, change your ways of communication: If you or your loved ones have been diagnosed with hearing problems, it is important that both adjust your ways to deal with the problem. Rather than getting angry at the other for not being able to communicate effectively, develop and strategize ways to make communication less problematic and erratic.
- Cochlear implants: This is a newer technology, which has gained popularity in the past decade or so. These are directly implanted into the inner ear and are designed to bypass the damaged areas of the ear and directly stimulate the auditory nerve. These have become very popular, although, are not a replacement of natural hearing. It is only prescribed for people who have severe hearing loss or are deaf.
- Hearing aids: Although selecting a hearing aid is difficult as the patient needs to be comfortable, once selected it is one of the best solutions for the hearing impaired. The functionality of these devices can be extended with the hearing assistive technology or HAT devices that can focus the audio waves depending on the situations and give a more tailored approach for every individual's needs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Ent specialist.