Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Splinting
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Wounds and bruises are both injuries. However, they differ widely in terms of the causing factors, the nature of the injury, the pain they cause and the kind of treatment they require.
The following are a few of the myriad ways in which the two injuries differ from each other:
- A wound causes quick damage - the skin tissue is cut or punctured while a bruise (also called a closed wound) is where the skin is not torn.
- A wound is usually caused by a sharp object but bruises are the results of blunt force or trauma.
- A wound almost certainly bleeds due to ruptured tissue and blood vessels. Blunt injury also damages the blood capillaries of the skin and causes blood to accumulate under the skin tissue, creating a dark patch of skin. Blood vessels can also break due to lifting of heavy objects or overexertion of muscles.
- A wound carries the risk of infection because the skin is open but a bruise does not get infected.
- A wound has a burning or stinging sensation but a bruise is characterized by swelling and a blunt throbbing pain.
- A wound can be healed by antiseptic and antibiotic medication. Large wounds need to be closed by stitching them up to avoid severe infection. On the other hand, a bruise usually heals by itself. A cold compress and pain killers may be used to ease discomfort. Heat can be applied to the injured spot to normalize the blood flow and dissolve the blood clot.
- A wound can lead to complications like bacterial infections or the healing might be delayed by chronic diseases like diabetes. In case of a bruise, it usually does not cause complications but if there's a blunt injury to sensitive areas like the head, the tailbone or the eyes, medical attention is advised.
- Wounds and bruises can also be differentiated on the basis of their subtypes.
The different types of wounds are:
- Incision (sharp objects cutting the dermis layer of skin)
- Abrasion (the epithelial tissue is scraped off)
- Avulsion (a body structure is torn off)
- Penetration (a sharp object causes an entry and an exit wound)
- Puncture (only an entry wound caused by a sharp object)
The different types of bruises are:
- Hematoma (blood pools under the skin)
- Purpura (tiny spots of blood on the inside of the mouth)
- Contusion (similar to hematoma and caused by external trauma)
- Crush injury (caused due to a large amount of force on the body part for a long time)
Related Tip: "4 Surgical Alternatives For Burns And Wounds"
I have a problem in my joints. I feel weak when I am going to walk. I feel pain in my joints and my back. What should I do for relief that pain?
My whole body is paining I cannot sleep my mind not working irritation no mood of talking to anyone my nose is running and no food no comfortable feeling please help me.
I am 30 years old man. For last 2 years I suffering with backache. I used painkillers like aceclo para but no results at that time is OK but some days it repeat again.
Hi, I am 21 years old. and i am suffering from knee pain from last 2 years mainly at the time of periods. and my weight is 61 kgs. my Doctor advised me to get loose my body weight and start diet chart from dietitian .so give me suggestions.
I am 50 years old man. Since last 3 years when summer starts, I feel lazy and my muscles in the leg & thighs starts paining. The pain increases as the day passes & decreases gradually in afternoon & I feel comfortable in the evening. But during rainy & winter I don't feel any pain. My blood pressure is slightly in the higher side.
Sir, I am 28 year old male. I am newly married. After intercourse I feel pain in my knee therefore I want to know that what is the reason for this pain. I am very disappointed. So please give me advise.
My father has pain and swelling on his finger joins throughout and happens twice or less or more in a month Uric acid level is below or on border line when tested What may be reason please reply fast.
hello. I am riajul .25 years old . I am suffering from heavy back pain. Because of high gas tric .please help me.
Hii I am 33 years old my daily job is to stand n do the work for 12 hours a day. At the end of the day my legs pains alot chronic pains in my legs n body. Can you advice me what to do please indeed your sugestn truly. Thanx.
I am of class 12 I have certain problem like back pain acidity and my full body is not active like other children please help me what should I do doctors?
If you want to relieve any lower back tension, kati basti is for you. This specialized therapy relieves and nourishes the lower back using herbal oils or ghee. After a gentle ayurvedic oil therapy on the lower back, specially prepared warm herbal oil is poured over the lumbo sacral area and retained inside a dam made out of dough. The hot medicated oils helps melt lower spine rigidity and strengthen your bone tissue.
Benefits of kati basti:
Increases the circulation in the region, as the herbal oil gets deeply absorbed into the skin, and both nourishes and strengthens the muscles and nerves
Pacifies one of the primary sites of vata, relieving pain, soreness, and tension and restoring flexibility
Relieves chronic lower backaches and painful muscle spasms, stiffness, and degenerative problems