Find numerous Neurosurgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Deshpande V RajakumarYour feedback matters!
Hello, 1 month back I had seizures 2-3 times lasting for 20-30 seconds. I consulted the doctor, had a CT scan but nothing came out, he prescribed me Health OK sachets, enerzal and Zincovit. I took these meds for around 10 days. I never felt again till today when early in the morning when I went to bathroom. Before seizures I feel dizziness and I feel like lots of things starts coming in my mind and then I pass out for around 20-30 seconds. This thing has happened thrice inside the bathroom, in which twice just after taking the bath and once Infront of my roommate. My gall bladder was removed 2 years back so from fast 1 year I suffer from stomach bloating. For past 1 month I have been again facing bloating issue. Are these two things related? Please recommend what I should be doing for this.
tegretol tablet total 500 mg potency is taken to contain fits, on reduction of potency fits occur, should it be continued or any alternative advice.
Hi my 8 year old daughter is having severe deafness suddenly in left ear. Consulted 2 docs and are of the view that it can' t be reversed as nerves got damaged due to unknown reasons. We checked her up 3 yrs back, all was well then. Kindly suggest a way out for the treatment. Docs say there is no way out neither need to take any medicine.
I am trying to quit smoking, but its very hard to quit smoking, I am getting head ache and my fingers are shivering, can you please advise me to get rid of smoking.
Is there a Remedy for Paresthesia symptoms on both feet toes and little back in foot both left & right. Had for 22months. Now unbearable. I underwent a Keyhole burrhole surgery & SDH evacuation on head both sides at MIOThospital in 13 th Aug 2013. Still on tinglingsome times burning sensation on both feet have to wear slippers or sandals at home. What is my remedy in Ayurveda medicine & in Ayuveda massages.
I AM 46 YEARS MALE. 16 YEARS BACK I WAS TRAPPED IN VEHICLE ACCIDENT INJURED TO BACK SIDE BRAIN. I LOST THE VISION OF MY LEFT SIDE EYE. THERE IS FIT PROBLEM FOR ME. AS PER NUROLOGIST SUGGESTION I HAVE TO TAKE CAP. ZEN RETARD 600 MG & LEVISUM 250 MG MORNING & EVINING. DO YOU HAVE ANY SOLUTION FOR REDUCE THE DOSE.
Dear Sir, after normal walking more than half km i am getting sensation less ( i,e if blood not circulate to a hand, how we feel, like that it will happen) in 2 inch area of my right leg just below ankle,(muscle portion of leg, or Thai). can i know the reason for the same Thanking you yours faithfully K.Srinivasa Reddy
My mother suffering from kamp vat from last two-three years, now she is 62 years. Pl suggest treatment for her.
She is having parkinson. She feels like her brain is very tired and weak. What she should take along with parkinson's medicines to supplement brain?
I am a 29 year old male. I fell off from a bike 11 years ago in 2006 and was injured on the left leg. I was wearing a helmet and did not suffer any head injury. I did not know anything about concussions back then and neither the doctor who treated my leg tell me about the possibility of having a concussion. I have now read what a concussion is and how it can happen. Though I did not get hit on the head by any object, but I have read that even a jerk or sudden stoppage can move the brain back and forth in the skull and can cause neuron damage. I do not remember getting any symptoms of concussion back then and neither did I pay any attention to such symptoms. I am now feeling scared that I might have had a concussion which I did not notice and might have suffered some brain damage including damage to neurons. Are such damages permanent or does the brain recover itself? Do I need to be scared for the rest of my life? Is there anything I can do to rest my worries? Are my worries justified today after so many years? Kindly help.
Although surgery is considered to be the first step of treatment in any form of tumor but its feasibility depends upon the type, size and location of the tumor. It is not necessary that every kind of brain tumor might require surgery.
Indications of Brain Tumor Surgery
- Diagnosis of the type of tumor by taking a sample of the tumor for laboratory examination
- Complete resection of tumor
- Removal of the tumor as much as possible to slow down its growth and improve the symptoms.
- Remove the tumor in order to help other treatment
- Provide direct access for other forms of treatment like chemotherapy, radiotherapy etc.
- To relieve pressure caused by tumor on surrounding structures
Types of Brain Tumor Surgery
The different types of surgery that are performed in cases of brain tumor include the following:
1. Craniotomy: Craniotomy is the most commonly performed procedure to remove brain tumor along with a piece of bone. The removed bone is replaced and the tumor is sent for histopathology (biopsy). The surgery is performed using a high end microscope by any of the following techniques:
- Extended bifrontal craniotomy
- "Eyebrow" craniotomy (supra-orbital craniotomy)
- "Keyhole" craniotomy (retro-sigmoid craniotomy)
- Orbitozygomatic craniotomy
- Translabyrinthine craniotomy
2. Shunt: A narrow piece of flexible tube with a pressure regulated valve in between is called a shunt. This is used to relieve the intracranial pressure caused by obstruction of the natural brain fluid (CSF) pathway by tumor mass. The procedure involves insertion of a drainage system into the brain to remove or drain excess of blocked fluid into the peritoneal cavity.
3. Stereotactic surgery: This surgery is done by creating a three-dimensional image called stereotaxy using computers. It aims to find out the location and position of the tumor. In fact it can also be done to aid tumor removal, implant radiation pellets or for other treatments.
4. Embolization: It is a procedure used to reduce the amount of blood supply to a tumor by blocking the blood flow in the selected arteries. It is generally performed before the main surgery.
Endoscopy and endoscope assisted surgery: Endoscope is the tool which helps to closely visualize the tissue through small openings in difficult to reach areas. This tool can be used in various brain surgeries to precisely reach the target location without damaging the adjacent structures.
Adjuvant modalities to improve outcome: In addition to above mentioned surgeries, following surgeries may also be performed in relation to brain tumor treatment:
- Laser surgery
- Photodynamic laser surgery
- Ultrasonic aspiration
- Fluorescent-guided surgery
- Electrophysiological monitoring. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.