Find numerous Pathologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pathologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. DeshpandeYour feedback matters!
Simple ways to control leg pain.
Get up and stretch the leg muscles.
Learn strengthening exercises to build muscle strength.
Do moderate exercise and walk daily for 30 minutes.
Keep good posture when sitting for prolong periods.
Join a community yoga or stretching class.
Check with doctor immediately to find root cause, If pain persists for more than few days or you notice any numbness or tingling.
Panchakarma is an ayurvedic technique which is used to detoxify the body, boost the immune system and restore the balance in the body. Due to lack of exercise and a poor diet, the waste material generated by the body is not effectively discharged. This causes accumulation of toxins in the body that can result in diseases.
Panchakarma can be used to treat and heal the pain in the joints and the spine. There are specific treatments in panchakarma that targets these regions, they are:
1. Abhyanga - Abhyanga is a technique where warm oil is used to cover the entire body. The oil is then gently massaged so that it can penetrate the underlying tissues. It is used to lubricate the joints, muscle toning and to increase blood supply around nerve endings.
2. Pindasweda - In this technique hot cotton bags consisting of herbs, rice, and sand or medical powder are used to massage the body. This rejuvenating therapy induces perspiration in the body by which the herbs and the heat penetrates into the body. It is used to treat problems of the joints such as gout, arthritis, and sciatica.
3. Upanaha - A combination of herbal medicine is applied to the affected part and then covered with medicinal leaves. The herbs help in easing the muscles and tendons of the affected part. It relieves pain, reduces swellings and improves mobility in the joint.
4. Kati vista - In this treatment, medicated oil is pooled into a collar made from dough and then placed on the lower back for a specific amount of time. It strengthens the lower back, lubricates the spine and acts as a muscle pain reliever.
I am 16 year teenager I have nt slept for 2 days and has a severe head ache and body pain what should I do.
Hi. Body ache sometimes A lot so I am using diclofenac plus tablet. Could you suggest me another medicine.
I got body pains from 2 days, and symptoms looks like a fever. The reason might be slept at terrace directly exposing to fogg (snow) or I have allergy of past food, if will take I am getting sick, What medication should I prefer? Thank you.
Hi friends, my name is Dr Umesh Deshmukh. I’m a consultant in anaesthesia and pain management. Today I’ll be speaking on chronic pain because this topic is very close to my heart. I also suffered from chronic pain.
Chronic pain is a condition shared by many of us including myself. It can be caused by joint disease, arthritis, migraine, fibromyalgia, bad back and cervical spondylitis, excessive weight gain. The important thing to note is that chronic pain whatever the cause, hangs on for weeks or months or even years and decades together. It wrecks your life and lifestyle, it changes you from inside. So as it is said that God helps only those who help themselves. So there are certain things that we must do to alleviate the pain apart from what a doctor can give to us.
- First is walking. Walking is one of the best things we can do to alleviate pain. You must start slowly with slow increments in your walking time every day.
- Acupuncture is one of the modalities of pain therapy that has been neglected over a long period of time. But acupuncture is very effective in chronic pain and it if possible consult a good acupuncturist to treat your chronic pain because acupuncture increases the natural pain killing hormones known as endorphins in your body.
- Other important thing is to get your mind off from whatever work etc. you do. You must take periodic breaks from your works. You could do something to distract yourself like reading a book or probably singing a song. Having a conversation with your friend something like that you can do, it takes your mind off from pain and distraction is the most important thing to treat chronic pain.
- Other important aspect is a change in diet and managing your weight. You must reduce your excess weight by performing certain diet changes in which the dietician can advise you what to do.
As far as treatment is concerned to consult a pain expert. There are pain specialists available in metros and big cities and big hospitals. Nowadays, there is even available on a part time basis. You can also consult them through Lybrate.
Some of these pain specialists like me, are also experts in interventions of various kinds especially in dealing with pain back or spine problems and joint problems. These interventions may constitute simple injections for diagnostic or therapeutic purposes. The pain controlling device in plantations in your spinal cord and also doing surgeries like spine surgeries joint replacements etc. These certain things can be treated by pain specialists and some of them can be treated only by surgeons but the pain specialists can advise you when to go in for a surgery.
So friends, if there is any way that I can help you as a pain specialist. I am available on Lybrate. You can text me or you can send an email to me or you can call me in person so I can devise a plan to help with your pain.
Sir I have some problem body pains how to solve my problem not only me my friends also how to solve.
Yesterday I have participated in college sports without any practice, After that iam feeling full body pain also I cannot eat food properly and feels of fever. What should I do?
Mujhe last one month se left side mai achank pain and anxiety feel hoti hai chakar aane lagta hai or raat mai saute huai anxiety or badh jaati step chalne par saas phool jaata hai.
I started my gym 2 days ago. I am having body pain. Its too painful. What should I do to get rid of pain. My chest, hands, abs all are paining. What should I do?
Crossing your fingers can dull physical pain, study finds
Confuse your brain and dull the pain. Thanks, science!
Crossing your fingers confuses your brain long enough to mess with feelings of hot, cold, and pain, a new study has found, offering a brief respite if you happen to sustain a physical injury in the area.
The study makes use of a classic pain experiment called the thermal grill illusion, which involves subjecting the index and ring fingers to heat (40°C/104°F) while applying a cold sensation (20°C/68°F) to the middle finger using special thermal pads.
In the experiment, if a person just touches the hot or cold thermal pads, they will feel only hot or cold sensations respectively. But touching them together creates the illusion of burning heat, as Hannah Devlin explains at The Guardian:
"The illusion works because the hot sensation in the outer two fingers blocks the activity in a certain cooling receptor under the skin and this "inhibition" spills out to the surrounding area of the hand.
Activity in the cooling receptors in turn normally blocks the activity of pain receptors that are sensitive to extreme cold. As a result only mild cold is now needed to produce a painful burning sensation in the middle finger - hence the illusion."
So effectively, the simultaneous heating and cooling creates an illusion because the brain is trying to reconcile a three-way interaction between the nerve pathways that are trying to send it signals about warmth, cold and pain, all at once.
The thermal grill illusion is the perfect solution for scientists wanting to experiment with and research pain sensations in humans, because it creates the feeling without causing any lasting physical damage.
So could people with chronic pain learn to use simple positioning and carefully applied stimuli to dull painful sensations and help them to better live through debilitating disorders? That’s what they are going to try and figure out now. In the meantime,The Guardian has got some great advice to get you through your next barefoot LEGO encounter:
"Previously, scientists have shown that swearing when you hurt yourself is not only a vocal expression of agony, but that it also reduces pain. The study, by the University of Keele, found that when people were free to let rip verbally, they could cope with mild pain for nearly 50 percent longer than those who said neutral words, such as 'table'."
Cursing is the best medicine, apparently.