Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Deepti KulkarniYour feedback matters!
How to get rid of masturbation? Is it cause for a lean and low weight body. Because my age is 17 and 1/2 years and my weight is 45 kg and height is 5 feet 6 inches. Please suggest me to get rid of this bad habit and how can I get weight.
My child is 3 and a half years old, daily he gets pain in his leg during sleep. Pain makes him wake up from the sleep and scream. Any suggestion to minimize the growth pain.
Hello! We have a 9 months old baby and we want to feed her egg so how and which part we should feed her?
My daughter is 12 years old, got matured in the month of jan 2015. There were few blood drops, later never bleeding happened yet. Please let me know what should be the precautionary measures to be taken to keep her in good health
Hi sir, my son have continuous cough since January 30. I consult doctor and gave medicine but still he suffer a lot. What is the way to control this? Pls.
My daughter is 11 months old, is consuming very less water and passing very less urine since last for days. Is it normal?
I am 7 th pregnant and my baby weight is 977 grams is it sufficient to baby or should I improve the baby weight.
My baby is 8 months ,he is still not started crawling. Is it normal ,or he getting any vitamin deficiency. Please answer.
If new born baby of 3 month old and we are taking care about everything but there is problem about lose motion every time within / between 10-15 days. How we can care of baby?
I have a child of 2.5 yrs and and I m very serious for his nutition. Khuch khata hi nahn bhookh hi nahn lagti. Kya khilaun use. That healthy for him. Please give suggetion.
Eating breakfast, even if it's just a banana and a glass of milk, kick-starts the body and makes it easier to maintain lasting energy throughout the day.
If you can get your kids to establish the habit of eating a good breakfast at a young age, it should stay with them as they get older.
My son is going to become 1 years old on 17oct. I gave him apple grinded in mixie, he was doing potty like apple which I gave him. So I stopped it. That time he was having motion problem for 4 months in his test report, shigella skin has been isolated. Now he is alright. Can I give him cooked apple now.
My daughter has the habit of sucking the fingers. What can I do to get rid of that habit. Because of that her teeth been come out. Please help me doctors. She is 3 years of old.
I am a mother. My baby having motions problem now. His teeth are growing now. Please suggest the solution.
In my collage there was a test of thasemia. In that report I got result as trait. And I need information on this diseases.
Bed Wetting is a phenomenon in which a child urinates, involuntarily, on bed when fast asleep at night.
A. The Secret Problem
A child gains bladder control at night, but it varies with age. After attaining the age of five, 15% of the children continue bed wetting and after the age of 10, only 5% are found to be still bed wetting. The incidences of bed wetting in boys are twice as compared to girls. Bed wetting can often lead to extreme embarrassment and social awkwardness for the parents. For parents to deal with such inevitable child problems, they must know the causes that lead to bed wetting.
B. The Bedwetting Gene
Your own DNA may be the chief contributor to your child’s bed wetting; research states that in 75 percent of the cases, this problem is found to be hereditary. However, parents should deal with this problem with sensibility and sensitivity, so as not to alienate their children in any way.
- Delayed Bladder Maturation: In such cases, the communication between the bladder and the brain is delayed.
- Lower Anti-Diuretic Hormone (ADH): Inadequate secretion of such hormones causes the kidneys to produce lesser urine during the day, thus increasing chances of bed wetting at night.
- Deep Sleeping: With deep sleeping, the brain fails to get the signal that the bladder may be full.
- Constipation: With constipation, the problem is that there may be uncontrolled contraction of bladder due to the bowels being full all the time.
When is it a concern?
There is nothing wrong with bedwetting during childhood, especially when the child is less than 2 years of age. However, it might be a concern if the child happens to gain bladder control at night but the condition relapses. Also, if psychological stress happens to be at the root of the child’s bedwetting, it could be considered to be a cause for concern.
Homeopathic treatment for bedwetting in children
Homeopathy is a very effective natural treatment for enuresis. The homeopathic remedies for bedwetting are perfectly safe. These natural homeopathic remedies do not have any side effects at all. Safety of the medicines is a major issue when you are to give any medicine to your child. Therefore it is of utmost importance that the medicines should be completely safe. Homeopathic remedies are known to be perfectly safe and have been tried by millions of patients all over the world over the last 2 centuries.
5 Best Homeopathic medicines for bedwetting in children
Homeopathy has been found to be very successful in treating bedwetting. The aim of Homeopathy is to strengthen the nervous system of the body. This allows the child to gain control over the urinary bladder. The same child who had been urinating in the bed for years is able to keep the bed dry within a matter of a couple of weeks. Homeopathy offers the best way of treating bedwetting. The embarrassment of the child as well as the parents vanishes quickly like magic. Here are the 5 best homeopathic medicines for bedwetting that help in working this magic-
- Acid Phos
It is important to mention here that the above mentioned 5 best homeopathic medicines for bedwetting are by no means the only medicines for bedwetting. There are many other medicines that are also used to cure enuresis. The exact selection of the right medicine depends upon the detailed symptoms of each individual patient. So, it always recommended to consult a specialized homeopath before going for any medication.
- Ensure that your child urinates right before hitting the bed.
- Limit your child’s fluid intake after having a thorough discussion with the doctor.
- Set an alarm for the child to wake up and go to the toilet in the middle of the night.
- Bladder stretching exercises increase the bladder’s capacity and thus the quantum of urine that can be held by the child’s bladder.
- Medications, as would be prescribed by a pediatrician.
- Use a plastic sheet over the bed.
- And finally, don’t panic. Usually, the problem resolves on its own.
I have 2 year old child suffering below average weight (9 kg) due to lacking of not taking food as tendency of vomiting. What step can I get?
Asthma is a very common condition that is quite often 'miss' diagnosed. Asthma presents as breathlessness, it is also called as wheezing, due to the typical sound that is often present. The lungs help us breathe in the air , there is a phase where the air goes in called inspiration and when the air comes out its called expiration. Asthma typically occurs when the air pipes or tubes through which the air goes in and comes out gets narrowed. When this happens , there is increased resistance to the air flow and this resistance causes the wheeze or sounds that are associated with the condition.
Some people are more prone to Asthma than others , those with a general tendency of allergies tend to be more at risk for developing asthma. Since the narrowing of the air pipes reduces the air flow, there also is a change in the gas exchange which happens in the lungs, when the gas exchange is suboptimal the body feels the need for more air and this is characterized as breathlessness. Sometimes a person might also have a cough along with the wheezing and this can be misdiagnosed as a respiratory infection when there is none, unless there is a clear-cut evidence of infection that too of bacterial origin Antibiotics won't be useful. ( because a large number of viral infections can also be there).
Many people when they have a cough and breathlessness walk into a drug store and buy an antibiotic or cough syrup and self-medicate. This can be very harmful, developing antibiotic resistance means the next time there is an infection the less likely the antibiotics are likely to work and secondly some medicines can themselves increase the risk of asthma or wheeze.
The treatment of Asthma is very simple, there are very good inhalers that help the tightness or narrowing of the air pipes to be relieved in a matter of seconds, so if you think you have asthma consult someone who can diagnose it correctly and help you live more productively.
Hi My children has some problem in passing motion for last two days i. E yesterday and today She tries to push out but it does not happens, she cries a lot while passing motion We have given her milk of magnesia one table spoon today morning but it did not worked out Also given hot water in the morning and dried grapes also given but no use. Any suggestions?
Your baby's skin requires constant care and protection because it is exposed to the ravages of pollution, dust and harmful UV rays. A healthy skin also has aesthetic benefits apart from being disease resistant.
It takes about a year for the epidermis of a baby to develop and function effectively. Once the baby turns one, the skin gets thicker and more immune to skin problems.
Here are four common skin problems found in almost every infant:
- Prickly heat rashes: Prickly heat rashes are the rashes, which develop on the face, neck, back or the bottom of the baby because of heat. To deal with this situation you should try to keep the infant cool and dry (not let him/her sweat) and ensure that they wear loose and comfortable clothes made of cotton.
- Seborrhea: Rashes that develop on the scalp, eyebrows, cheeks, chest, and/or neck of a newborn baby (up to 6 months), are known as seborrhea. It appears to be gruesome, but does not bother the baby. It is recommended to use mild baby shampoo and creams to get rid of the problem. If there is no improvement, consult a dermatologist.
- Eczema: About 20% of the babies suffer from a very itchy skin rash known as 'eczema'. The affected area of the skin may turn red, ooze pus or crust over. It can be a result of an irritation caused due to sweating in a hot weather or due to the drying up of skin in a cold weather. Some clothing, specifically wool can even trigger this skin condition in a baby. A dermatologist or a paediatrician should be consulted in order to know what should be done.
- Diaper rash: Diaper rash is the development of red and inflamed skin in the area under the diaper. It is recommended to check the diaper for any wetness at regular intervals, and to change it when required. The diaper should not be too tight or left on too long. Applying a diaper rash ointment and keeping the area dry and open whenever possible can help in relieving your baby from the problem.