Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. DeeptiYour feedback matters!
I am a patient of diabetes for avery long time I am on oral med as follow. Trigulin LD 2 forte 1 B D VGS 0.3. 1B D ZETA 100 mg 1 tablet daily Bio- D 3 Max. 1 cap daily Global. XT one tab daily UnistAr 20/150 daily I am frequently having UTI , suggest treatment to avoid frequent UTI problem.
I am a diabetic. My fasting sugar level is 160 and after meal 227. I used to take isryl M-1 tablet 2wice a day. Let me know how to reduce sugar level more. I used to avoid taking sweets, fruits, tea coffee ets.
I am 50 no diabetes wt. Is 90 ht. Is 5.11" I suffer ED and take many medicines by doctors as a homoeopathic, Ayurveda but no improvement. I take some time Suhagra 100 better result but then suffer headache. Please solve my problem.
Please suggest what food to be avoided and what to be taken in case of high uric acid. Pl.specify food.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
I'm 34 years old male. My weight is 90 kgs and height 5'9" I have been having thyroid problem since last few months and also Uric acid. Im taking Eltroxin 75 mg and Feburic 40. Recently im developing pain in my ankles and neck (LHS). Do I need to change medication? Unfortunately I get very less time to exercise and if I do then I feel fatigued.
Hello sir/madam I m suffering from the sugar please tell me how to I control my sugar and what is medicine I take.
My mother is 84 years old, is under severe depression. She is presently having Dayo-OD (250 mg) - 1BD, Tolaz MD 2.5 mg, Censpram 10 mg.advice on this please
I am 51 years old male I want to know about my diabetic problem causes heridetery, what can I do for better control of that?
I have diabetes 147/224. I am taking medicine .but from last two days I got headache. So that should I do now?
My mom is severally effected from uric acid. What precautions should be taken to lesseR this acid? What should she avoid to eat?
Diabetes is a very common lifestyle disease, which happens when your body is not able to produce the insulin hormone or does not know how to use it in the right way. In such a scenario the glucose remains in the blood, and causes your blood sugar level to shoot up. It is a common knowledge that diabetes is a home for other diseases. Therefore managing it or preventing it is of utmost importance and in order to the same, one has to focus on the overall health and fitness of your body.
But managing diabetes is a challenge that most patients face every day. This is because there are so many aspects to be kept in mind right from workout to food to stress and general health, all of which work together to help you maintain the right blood sugar levels.
Here goes a holistic approach to aid you manage diabetes:
- Keep a record of the food you consume: When you are learning to control the level of blood sugar in your body, it would be very helpful if you maintain a journal of what food items you are eating every day. This will make it easier for you to monitor your diet and even if you indulge in some delicious savory, you can easily bring about a balance by eating the right amount of healthy fruits & vegetables for the following days.
- Exercise daily: Make exercise a part of your daily routine and empower yourself to fight diabetes. Types of exercises you can follow are brisk walking, basic weight training to boost your strength, swimming and yoga. Yoga postures which are highly beneficial in managing diabetes are Pranayam (deep breathing exercises), vajrasana, chakrasana, etc. which either enhance the insulin secretion or glucose utilisation.
- Be careful about your feet: Diabetes can lead to neuropathy and in the worst case, it may cause injuries in feet that go in-noticed because low pain sensation. Therefore, proper foot care is critical. You should wash your feet regularly with cold water and pat dry with a clean, dry towel & do make it a point to inspect the feet in front of a mirror. If there is a nerve damage along with numbness, you may notice blisters, sores, bruising, swelling, calluses or skin breakage. Thus, you will have to be very careful while inspecting your feet every day.
- Get rid of extra belly fat to reduce insulin resistance: It is a vicious circle, as extra belly fat can eventually lead to insulin resistance and insulin resistance can eventually lead to weight gain, but in order to manage and control diabetes it is important that this chain must be broken. Therefore, daily exercise of minimum 20 - 30 mins is very much required. to help you get rid of belly fat and control diabetes.
- Control Blood Pressure & Cholesterol if high: Diabetes is a host of diseases and diabetic people will eventually suffer from high blood pressure and cholesterol problem. Diabetes is a major reason of artery damage, which in turn leads to high blood pressure. In order to, maintain a healthy heart and to prevent yourself against any cardiovascular diseases it is important that you keep you cholesterol and blood pressure in check.
- Get the right treatment for sleep apnea and sleepiness during the day: Sleep apnea refers to a condition that causes breathing interruptions numerous times in a day. It is triggered by faulty signals coming from your brain or due to blocking of the airway by soft tissues present in your throat. People affected with sleep apnea are more likely to have this disorder, which leads to insulin resistance and may also be called a roadblock for controlling diabetes.
- Brush and floss on a daily basis: When you are not able to control your diabetes level, it can lead to high level of glucose in the blood. Also, it can increase the level of glucose in the saliva, which in turn paves the way for a surge in tooth decay. Also, having diabetes makes it difficult for an infection to heal and thus, if you develop a gum disease, it may become very hard for you to get rid of it. So, if you make a habit of brushing and flossing regularly, you would be able to maintain good oral hygiene and save your teeth and gums from developing any disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
I have taken my blood test in that I found that I have minor thyroid which was 5.03 so what are thing I do or wht r fruit I eat n what r thing I avoid so that I will not take medicine n I control.
My sister has hypothyrodism she is taking orlistat 120 mg thrice a day. She is in dieting and doing exercise also. But she is not able to loose her weight.
I am 57 yrs old and when tested for uric acid in blood count was 8.7, is it possible to bring this level down to safe level by controlling food intake and other methods, kindly elaborate.
Hello sir, my father is having stomach problem we have been treating this by a gastroenterologist specialist his having problem from throat to stomach. We have done all medical test and reports. He is unable to sit relax he feels irritation unable to drink water sometimes but sometimes he feel better even after following doctor prescription. I want how long this problem last and I need good diet for him besides he is a diabetic patient. Thank you.
I have diabetes and and also I am a heart patient. I have pain in heels since a very long time. Why it is so.
My husband having diabetes. He is doing walking. Still not in control. What type of diet he will fallow?
Thyroid is not a condition that can be controlled with a change in the diet. However, there are certain foods, which should be avoided or at least their consumption should be limited if you are suffering from thyroid disease. Let?s look at some of them:
The processed and high-phytoestrogen forms of soy, like shakes, powders, soy milk, bars, and supplements should be avoided. Soy inhibits the absorption of thyroid hormone. Soy should not form the main part of your protein diet if you suffer from any kind of thyroid disorder.
Though it is a proven fact worldwide, that iodized salt is essential for the prevention of iodine deficiency. But in excess, it is prone to be very harmful, especially for those suffering from thyroid disease. It hampers the normal functioning of thyroid if taken in excess.
In case of people who are suffering from thyroid, the concept of grazing mini meals throughout day, might actually just have the opposite impact. These patients should instead have fewer meals, placed further apart, as many mini meals will disrupt their metabolism, and misbalance their leptin and insulin levels.
If you are a thyroid patient, you should take special precautions, especially if you are a coffee person. You should take your coffee when at least an hour has passed after your thyroid hormone replacement medication. If you take it within an hour, your coffee will actually disrupt the effectiveness of your medication, by affecting its absorption.
Peanuts, Pine nuts, Linseed
Having a handful of these daily will block thyroid production.
If you have thyroid disease and consume a meal of steamed broccoli once in a while and likes to take spinach in your omelet on daily basis, it is still fine. However, excess intake of these two foods, is not at all good for you. So, take a note.
Gluten is found in mostly wheat, rye and barley, along with most of the processed foods. This is one more thing which thyroid patients should avoid.
In most of the above mentioned foods, the hampering and disruption of thyroid production happens, when they are consumed in raw state. It means that if taken in cooked form and in limited quantities, a thyroid patient can consume these things.
Raw forms should be avoided altogether. However, in cooked or steamed form, a thyroid patient can actually derive the health benefits from the foods listed above.
In most cases, thyroid imbalances are misdiagnosed, or even overlooked. However, though you cannot cure it purely on the basis of consuming and avoiding certain foods, you can certainly increase your chances of curing by observing the dietary precautions.