Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deepashree V
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Deepashree VYour feedback matters!
I am 15 years old female and I am suffering from chronic sinusitis nearly from two years and now I am in 10th. I suffer from severe headache daily due to which I can't study. Headache becomes totally fine in the evening but it starts in the morning nearly 9 am little and it becomes worst till afternoon, it also gets better if I sleep. My nose is even fully blocked. Mucus is not coming out. When I sneeze only little comes. I also have little soar throat. Even cough comes from my throat I feel pressure around my eyes even. In x-ray the final impression is maxillary and frontal sinusitis. I don't understand why headache is more in morning and afternoon and why it becomes less in evening as well as why it becomes better as I sleep in afternoon. Is it sure that I am causing from sinusitis only or any other problem? please answer all my questions and tell me what should I do further. Please.
Hi Doctor. I am getting some Knocking sound in my throat when swallowing. I am getting this sound when I turn my head right side and start swallowing. But I don't find this sound when I turn left side.
Sir water enter in my ear before two months I take some medicine for it. But now I am not listening well from left ear what to do now.
Her sister recently recovered from chicken pox and measles. Now she's suffering from measles. Some other family members have also diagnosed with throat infection. Suggest best preventive measures. How much hygiene & cleanliness is responsible for the same?
I have this problem for past 3 months I feel a lump in my throat like the size of an pill. It may be vanished for 2 or 3 days inbetween then I started feeling it again But its not painful. What is it? does it need any medical attention.
I have problem of sinus, I used to get water from noise daily, when I drink cool water get noise bleeding.what can be done
The inflammation of the cavities around nasal passage is known as sinusitis. When the cavities are full of fluid, germs attach themselves to the fluids, which give rise to infections. Some of the causes of sinusitis are common colds, allergic rhinitis problem, nasal polyps and deviated septum. You can also learn about common ear infections.
There are 4 different types of sinusitis:
- Acute sinusitis: It remains for about 4 weeks or less. It is usually characterized by a runny nose and pain in the face which will stay for at least 10 to 14 days.
- Sub acute sinusitis: It is almost like the acute sinusitis but stays longer for about 4 to 8 weeks.
- Chronic sinusitis: The inflammation in this case lasts about 8 weeks, sometimes longer than that.
- Recurrent sinusitis: In this, the sinusitis attack keeps occurring all through the year.
At times, to clear up the blocked sinuses, a surgery is mandatory. This can be painful hence many are hesitant to go through with a surgery. If you want to control sinusitis so that it doesn't reach the limit where you have to go through a surgery, here are some tips of what you might be able to do regularly to clear your chances of controlling this:
- Take steam: This is the most common and easy way to control sinusitis. The steam helps to break down the excess mucus in the nasal passage and also reduces the inflammation of the sinuses. All you need is water. Heat it up to the required temperature and then inhale the steam. You will get a lot of relief if you do this regularly.
- Nasal Irrigation: This is basically the process of flushing the infected and stale mucus out of the nasal cavity. Take a liter of sterile water, mix one tablespoon of kosher salt and baking soda each. Then with the help of a syringe or a neti pot, wash your nostrils with the solution. The mucus will start coming out and your nasal cavity will clear out.
- Use warm washcloth: Lie down and place a warm washcloth (a washcloth dipped in warm water and wringed) on your forehead and nose region. The warmth from the washcloth will break down the mucus and clear the congestion.
Although nose bleeding is quite common during the cold months, they can occur in the summer months too. This is because, during the summer heat, your nose may tend to get excessively dry. The protective layer of mucus in the nasal cavity tends to dry up during the summer months, thus resulting in nose bleeding. The hot summers can also lead to allergies, which in result can cause it.
Although nose bleeding may be quite messy, it is nothing very serious and can be easily prevented or stopped. Here are a few home remedies that you can try if you are prone to nose bleeding during the summer season:
- Vinegar: Vinegar is easily available in any household and effectively stops nose bleeding. Just pour in some vinegar in a cotton ball or a piece of cloth and put it into your nose for some time.
- Ice: Ice also effectively helps with controlling nose bleeding. Just rub ice against your nose to reduce swelling in the blood vessels. The ice will also effectively numb the pain offering instant relief.
- Foods containing vitamin C: Ensure that during the summer months you take the right amount of Vitamin C into your diet. This is because Vitamin C helps in blood clotting, and will stop nose bleeding faster. Foods that are rich in vitamin C are guavas, kale, mustard, parsley, oranges, strawberries and lemons.
- Baking soda: Baking soda works wonders for nose bleeding. Just mix some amount of baking soda into water, and transfer the solution into a spray bottle. Spray your nose with the solution.
- Steam: Inhaling steam is a great way to prevent nose bleeding. When you take steam, it moistens the nasal cavity and prevents it from becoming dry, thus avoiding any bleeding.
- Right posture: Another way to quickly stop a nose bleeding is to elevate your head. Keep your head in that position until the bleeding stops and try not to bend, as it can just aggravate bleeding.
- Whole-wheat bread: Make whole-wheat bread as part of your daily diet during summer. It is said to contain Zinc, which protects the blood vessels in the body.
- Drink water: ?Also ensure that you keep yourself hydrated at all times during the hot summer months. Drink plenty of liquids like fruit juice and milkshake, to prevent your nose from drying out.