Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak V RaoYour feedback matters!
Sir, my sister 36yrs of age, is suffering from gas from past few years and recently she developed pain in her breast. What can be the cause and how to get cured. Please help.
I have checked my tsh level and it came 27.76. Doc prescribed thyronorm 75 mcg, and I am started today. Is it hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism. And what should be avoided. I am 24 yrs. Can I try for baby. 2 yrs 4 months of my marriage.
Sir there is problem to my wife is that a white- white comes with toilet not during latrine as she told me tomorrow. This happened from day before yesterday. What is the reason behind it that's it occur and how can be it treated?
I had my abortion on 1st June 2015 and then I got my periods on 18th July. Now it's 23rd august I am not getting my periods. And I am not pregnant. What will be the reason then?
My wife last period is on 18 dec and we make relation on 23 dec just after her periods is it possible .she will be pregnant .i do not understand when will ovulation take place as she is having normal cycle of 28 days. Pls tell me detail so I can avoid pregnancy..
Factors increasing absorption of calcium:
1. Vitamin d: vitamin d works in the digestive tract to absorb calcium into the blood stream from the walls of the duodenum. Vitamin d also helps maintain normal blood calcium level.
2. Parathyroid hormone: it increases calcium transport across the membrane of intestinal cells.
3. Acid environment: hydrochloric acid secreted in the stomach during the process of digestion is required for the absorption of calcium in the duodenum. Calcium supplements could be taken with magnesium at bedtime or between meals due to the acid environment needed in the stomach to assimilate the calcium. Always consult a physician before beginning a new supplement regimen.
4. Milk lactose: it favors absorption in infants. Lactose is acted upon by intestinal microbial flora to form acid which causes lowering of ph which makes calcium more soluble.
5. Amino acids: supplemental calcium is often chelated, or combined with protein molecules called amino acids, to help the body absorb them during digestion. Lysine and arginine increase calcium absorption.
6. Exercise: exercise along with vitamin d intake helps calcium absorption thereby making bones strong.
Factors decreasing absorption of calcium:
1. Oxalic acid& phytic acid: foods that are high in oxalic acid such as spinach, chard and chocolate, reduce calcium absorption. Oxalic acid binds with the calcium to form a salt crystal, calcium oxalate which cannot be absorbed. Phytic acid, which is found in whole-grain foods and high-fibre foods, effects calcium absorption the same way.
2. Phosphorus: too much phosphorus in the diet causes precipitation of calcium in the form of calcium phosphate.
3. Stress: stress can have a negative effect on hcl production in the stomach and on normal digestive behaviour in the body, and can therefore have a negative effect on calcium absorption.
4. Caffeine, drugs like anticoagulants, cortisone and thyroxine reduce calcium absorption.
5. Lack of exercise and vitamin d deficiency leads to decrease calcium absorption.
I am 27 yr old married woman, I have diagnosed with ruptured cyst after doing a ultrasound today. Is there any chance that it can be ectopic pregnancy? I had pain in my left abdomen and from past 2 months my menstrual bleeding days got reduced from 5 days to 3 days.
I am having period bleeding for last 14-15 days. Currently eating 3-4 pills (methergin) per day which is not working. Bleeding is increasing day by day. What is the alternative pill I should eat to stop my bleeding as soon as possible. Note*- I am having LRG problem too.
I want to do bikini waxing but it's more painful. I prepare the wax in home itself but it's becoming messy can I buy from stores is it safe?
How to improve folica in female. Already Lupi FSH 2 injection already given. Eventhough folica quantity and quality is not up to the mark. Kindly guide us.
I'm having pain in my right side waist region from around 6 months, I was suffering from Herpes I took medicine & now I'm taking Neuro_mpg 75 (pregabalin & methylcobalamin capsules) but the pain still exist. Can you tell why its so.
I have done sex with my bf with condoms. No mistake happen. On 26 th september. N my next period date was 5 th october. Now its 11 october. 7 days up. Still I haven got my periods. I have done tested with prega news 3 times all negative. What should I do? I m I pregnant. What medicine I should take.
--फ्रीज में गूंथ| आटा आपका समय तो बचा सकता है लेकिन क्या आप जानते हैं कि यह आपके घर में भूत-प्रेत को निमंत्रित करता है। फ्रीज में गूंथा आटा उस पिंड के समान माना गया है जो पिंड मृत्यु के बाद मृतात्मा के लिए रखे जाते हैं।
-- जिन परिवारों में भी इस प्रकार की आदत है वहां किसी न किसी प्रकार के अनिष्ट, रोग-शोक और क्रोध तथा आलस्य का डेरा होता है। शास्त्रों में कहा गया है कि बासी भोजन भूत भोजन होता है और इसे ग्रहण करने वाला व्यक्ति जीवन में रोग और परेशानियों से घिरा रहता है।
--आटा भिगोते ही तुरंत इस्तेमाल करना चाहिए वरना उसमे ऐसे रासायनिक
बदलाव आते है जो सेहत के लिए बहुत हानिकारक हो सकते है .
--ऐसा आयुर्वेद में स्पष्ट कहा गया है .
इसलिए फ्रिज का इस्तेमाल आटा रखने के लिए ना करे .
-- कुछ ही दिन में ऐसी आदत बन
जायेगी की जितनी रोटियाँ लगती है उतना ही आटा भिगोया जाए और इसमें
ज़्यादा समय भी नहीं लगता . ताज़े आते की रोटियाँ ज़्यादा स्वादिष्ट और पौष्टिक होती है
Sir we had sex on 10 may which was unprotected but I did not ejaculate inside but her periods are missing till now 29 may but on 27 she had vaginal spotting we thought that is periods but we were wrong that was only spotting so please tell we what is the reason. Is ahe pregnant or there is no need to worry.
Hello. My wife has cyst in rght overy. So ita effects in pregnancy? If yes den ita der medicine to avoid cyst?
Mine monthly period usually lasts for 4 days but this month it was only 3 days and quantity of bleeding also decreased, I have got my period 1 week delay also can anyone say me why it happened like that?
An expecting mother runs the risk of suffering from a range of complications during and after pregnancy. You were very wrong to think childbirth is about antenatal care and once the baby is born, the mother is safe from danger. Both C- Sections and vaginal deliveries take into account the hovering threat of impediments. Sudden problems like perineal lacerations, amniotic cavity issues, umbilical cord issues, abnormal fetal heart rate, and stalled labor might be experienced during giving birth to a child. Childbirth is again followed by another set of medical conditions. Postpartum Hemorrhage is one such condition that, if left unattended, can turn out to be fatal.
Postpartum Hemorrhage: An overview
Patients suffering from Postpartum Hemorrhage are subjected to loss of more than 500 mL of blood after delivery. In certain rare cases, women have been reported with a loss of more than 1000 mL of blood. Morbidity statistics say postpartum hemorrhage is the most common trigger to maternal morbidity in developed countries. Even after ensuring the efficacy of preventive measures to prevalent risk factors, lapses do exist. A loss of more than 1000 mL of blood can severely endanger your health. It may lead to hemodynamic instability. Treatment of Postpartum Hemorrhage should systematically concentrate on two important things; firstly, diagnosis and management of root causes resulting in a hemorrhage and secondly, dealing with hypovolemic shock along with resuscitation of obstetric hemorrhage. You can also take the package for Living Healthy - Woman.
An exigency situation with regard to postpartum hemorrhage can be avoided or controlled in the following ways:
- Detecting signs of acute anemia and thus rectifying the condition before delivery.
- Routine episiotomy should be done away with.
- The doctor should inquire of the mother's opinion on blood transfusions.
- There should be frequent examinations of the person's vaginal flow and vital signs to check for slow and steady bleeding.
The risk of retained placenta in the third stage of labor can increase chances of postpartum hemorrhage. Active management on part of the hospital can take care of this. Regulated cord traction, early cord clamping and cutting and most basically use of a uterotonic drug soon after the delivery of the anterior shoulder can prevent a prolonged third stage, thus hindering a hemorrhage from occurring.
Oxytocin is an advisable drug to prevent the chances of a hemorrhage. Pregnant women may or may not give their consent to its use. It has very few side- effects. Prophylactic administration of this drug is known to reduce rates of postpartum hemorrhage by forty percent.
Management: Excessive blood loss after childbirth can be tackled through hysterectomy. Women who wish to remain fertile can go in for B- lynch uterine compression sutures, artery litigations, uterine packing or tamponade procedures.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gynaecologist and ask a free question.