Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak SharanYour feedback matters!
What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems?
Back pain is a common health problem that affects most people at some point in their life. It may be triggered by bad posture while sitting or standing, bending awkwardly, or lifting heavy objects incorrectly
Muscle spasms and strains
Disc problems: a sudden back movement may cause the disc to bulge or rupture completely. This causes pain in the back or along the course of the nerve that has been pressed-usually the buttocks, leg or foot.
Osteoarthritis and osteoporosis are ( Above> 50 years)
Ankylosing spondylitis: this is a type of arthritis that affects the spine. It occurs mostly in young men. It causes back pain, stiff back and difficulty in bending
Tips to manage Back pain
When you have back pain, use ice or heat. Ice is best in the first 24 to 48 hours after an injury because it reduces inflammation. After 48 hours, you can switch to heat .
Whether you use heat or ice — take it off after about 20 minutes to give your skin a rest.
It is important to keep moving as much as possible. You may require bed rest when the pain in acute, but prolonged bed rest is not helpful.
Exercise regularly to strengthen the abdominal muscles that work with back muscles to stabilize the spine
Always consult a professional trainer before starting a workout regimen
Improve your posture. Keep your spine straight while sitting and standing. Avoid slouching
If you have a desk job, get up every 20 minutes or so and stretch backwards
Design your workplace so you don’t have to hunch forward to see your computer monitor or reach way out for your mouse
Use a desk chair that supports your lower back and allows you to keep your feet planted firmly on the floor
When driving, adjust your car set and steering wheel to a correct height and distance
Be especially careful of your posture when lifting heavy objects. Never bend over from the waist Instead, bend and straighten from the knees
If your pain does not improve, consult a doctor. Your doctor may prescribe anti-inflammatory medicines for a few days till the acute stage is over
Hi Doctor, I have been facing back ache issues and when consulted doctor. He suggested me to checkup for X-ray. X-ray report says" loss of Dorsal Kyphosis" Please let me know what is the meaning of the same and severity of my disease.
I am 26 year old man I have numbness and burning sensation in my right part of the body. I am business man so lot tense in my daily life. Due this problem my sleep get disturb .i feel tired all day. From last 2 years. So please tell me how to get relief.
I have been suffering from lower back pain since 6 months and with the lower back pain I even feel pain in my legs. And with this sometimes when I urge for the sexual feelings with the erection in my pennies I feel pain in my legs Suggest me what should I do.
I have leg pain under the knees not in joints for both legs. Recently i am gone for a complete medical checkup everything is perfectly ok but my uric acid range above normal ie 7.2 normal is 6. What kind of medicine can I use. Please help.
I am 43 year old. Female. Last two years I am experiencing acute neck and shoulder pain. By evening I can't lift my hands. I do administration work. And lot of paper work. Please suggest me what to do?
I' am 22 male. I have a calf muscles problem. I dont knw how to describe properly I cant say its pain but a feeling of uncomfortable and numbness I guess. Well I usually dont feel it when I am walking but it starts the uncomfortable feeling when ever I lay or try to take rest. And not only that it get worse after sleep. So what could be the reason I went to doctor and asked about it but he didnt took it seriously. He told me that the reason could probably because I dont do exercise. Yes I usually sleep all the time. Thank you
I am 40 years old and suffering from facial leprosy since last four years. Detected in the month of january 2011 and continued medicine till end of 2013 then discontinued after consultation. Again occurrence has been detected. Used medicines- rcin 600 in every fourteen days, dapsone one tab daily and hansepran 100 mg capusle daily. Please suggest what to do for permanent cure.
The problem of morning back and neck pain may be due to the position of sleeping or it may be related to inflammatory arthritis which can be familial. Morning back pain is largely related to wrong sleeping posture and less commonly due to arthritic conditions like Ankylosing Spondylitis or Rheumatoid Arthritis. Whatever be the cause- this condition requires attention by an Orthopedic doctor as it may worsen in due course of time and should not be taken lightly.
Some common factors causing this are:
- Mattress: Too soft or too hard a mattress might induce back ache after sleep. For people with waist and hips of equal proportion, a firmer mattress would do well. For those with narrower waist than their hips, a flexible and softer mattress that can move with the pelvic weight would be a perfect choice. Refrain from using old hardened mattresses.
- Pillow: The pillow you use must be able to render support to your neck naturally. Instead of using excessively firm or soft pillow, try substituting it with memory foam pillows, refillable water pillows or cervical support pillows.
- Posture: Not changing your position while sleeping or sleeping on the belly exerts strain on the back muscles, causing pain. On the other hand, sleeping on the back or on the sides causes comparatively less strain on the spine.
- Other causes such as strenuous workouts or physical activities or sitting at a stretch during the day might cause pain while sleeping or after getting up from bed.
Remedies for Morning Back Pain:
Fortunately, there are some home remedies to cure the morning back pain.
- Switching your mattress is a more expensive remedy for back pain, but may often be the ultimate cure. Most people sleep the best on medium-firm mattresses. Be sure to try out the mattress before you buy it.
- For occasional back pain after sleeping, apply heat to your back to relax your muscles before you go to bed and when you get up in the morning.
- Massage your back with pain relieving creams and apply heat on it with a heating pad for quick relief.
- Specific spinal stretching exercises and Planks (a type of exercise) can greatly help in easing back pain, if done on a regular basis.
- It is always recommended to CONSULT an Orthopaedic doctor if you suffer from morning back pain.