Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak MehtaYour feedback matters!
Diets that are deficient in vitamin c can cause severe dental problems, including loose teeth and bleeding gums. Try a salad with citrus fruits, like orange or grapefruit, to boost your body's ability to fight those destructive symptoms, as well as plaque. Be sure to buffer citrus fruits by including them as part of a meal, because their acid content could potentially erode tooth enamel.
I have so many Red and white patches on my Tongue which may be occurred due to vigorous cleaning of Tongue from Toothbrush 2 months ago. But these patches are causing wounds now. And also I do not feel comfortable in eating spicy and salty. I am also lacking Taste in food. Please help.
What is the procedure of dental crowning and how it can be helpful in case of a 2 mm gap in between the two front tooth of the upper jaw?
I have a yellow teeth as well as gap between each teeth. Could you suggest me to get clean and white teeth.
I am getting smell in mouth, even after I brushed well. I got more smell in morning. I feel same as in the evening.
Hello sir My tongue is attached to bottom part of the mouth, cannot speak properly from my childhood, in earlier I have not considered it as a problem but as growing it's becoming problem for me I'd there any solution for this Thanking you.
? Tooth sensitivity is the pain you may feel when you eat or drink hot or cold foods or drinks.
? Sensitivity happens when gums pull away from the teeth or when gum tissue is lost. This exposes the tooth root area below the gum line ,resulting in sensitivity.
? USE a toothbrush with soft bristles to avoid hurting your gums and teeth.
? You can also ask your dentist about special toothpastes for sensitive teeth.
Hi doctors, mine one teeth is paining too much since morning and near to teeth gum swallowed I can't handle this pain now pls help me.
I am having teeth pain but in xray no cavity is shown what can be the other reason for pain. Please advise.
Tooth sensitivity is a condition when the nerve ending in the teeth are overly sensitive to hold hot and cold conditions. Drinking and eating hot or cold food may cause a sharp pain in the tooth. A material called dentin, which is what makes up the inside of your tooth, is protected by the enamel in the crown and the cementum in the root of the tooth. In cases when the dentin loses its covering, teeth may be become sensitive.
Causes of sensitive teeth
1. Inflammation caused by bacteria may lead to sensitive teeth.
2. Gum diseases such as gingivitis may cause the gums to retract and reveal the roots of your teeth.
3. Constantly grinding your teeth can cause the enamel to break down, which leads to exposure of the dentin.
4. Accumulation of plaque can cause sensitive teeth.
5. Various acidic foods such as lemon cause the enamel to be worn out.
6. Sensitive teeth is caused by decay of the tooth.
7. Various dental procedures such as teeth restoration and cleaning of the teeth cause the teeth to be sensitive.
Treatments for sensitive teeth
1. You need to use dental products that contain fluoride. Fluoride products tend to decrease teeth sensitivity.
2. Restrict consumption of acidic foods such as lemon and some dairy products.
3. If you grind your teeth then start using mouth guard.
4. Follow proper dental hygiene, such as brushing and flossing on a regular basis to keep teeth sensitivity at bay.
5. You should use a toothbrush that has soft bristles so that the gum tissue is not affected while brushing.
6. You may use a toothpaste that has been made for people who have sensitive teeth.
7. You may apply fluoride varnishes to root surfaces that have been exposed.
8. You may cover up root surfaces with white fillings.
9. Application of dentin sealers to root surfaces that have been exposed may help in preventing tooth sensitivity.
10. Laser is also effective to fix tooth sensitivity.