Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak KumarYour feedback matters!
I am having urinary retention due to spine and I was on catheter. After spine surgery, catheter was removed and urine was normal. Now again, problem occur now, I am not able to urinate on standing position sometimes. Sometimes I have to sit to urinate, sometimes I can do on standing position. Every time it burns on urination. It takes time to start urinate. No uti, no prostate. What it can be?
I am suffering from fever and I have took some medicine but there is no benefit those treatment please guide me.
How to group the elasticity of penis fore skin? When I pull out my fore skin back It will pain after getting erected. Is there any solution?
My mother age is 45 years old & she has only one problem with the digestion her food doesn't digest in night time only she eat in morning even if she had fruit in night it doesn't digest her she is taking Ayurvedic syrup for digestion but no use even we have consultant many doctor but no use even she walking in early morning.
My wife's platelets count in the test shows 1.22 lack What should I do to cover up her platelets Thnxxx Sarab.
I always suffer from headaches. When I am angry, headache starts. I had also gone for ct scan but the report is also normal.
I am getting asthma for some times only not regularly due to which reasons I am getting asthma and what is the treatment and please tell me?
How much will it cost for the circumcision surgery. Do I need to take bed rest or else from the next day itself I can do all my works normally. Pls do reply me doctor.
My teeth is senitive. I have root canning on that part of teeth I brush 2 times with sensodine. Also I have constipation problem.
Mera piles ka laser treatment huwa hai. Abhi 2 months huwa treatment leke. Abhi pain hai. Cure nahi ho raha hai. Daily ointment lagata hu. How water ke tub me bait tha hu. Aur pahile motion 1 time aata tha. Abhi 3 time aa raha hai. Suggest me.
I have cough problem every time I do that. But don't have any symptoms. So please suggest me any good medicine.
Hi I am 22 years old. I have a acidity/gas problem due to which my stomach become large and burning. Last few days I got a pain/ache on my left breast/chest upper. But not in a constant part. The pain moves to hand shoulder. Please suggest what it would be. It pains like someone is pinching.
I have gastric with constipation problem. please prescribe me some Ayurveda medicine & home remedies.
She had chikungunya and the body ache is still there its been 3 weeks but she is continuing to do her household work but the pain is a 5/10 scale so please help.
One thing that can put away talking to someone very interesting is bad breath. And it is not an uncommon problem. While most just try to use mouth wash and chewing gums to keep it away, it is important to note that bad breath can be a sign of underlying causes, both in the mouth and the body as a whole.
Identifying the reason can help in early diagnosis and prompt treatment of the actual disease condition.
There could be oral and general causes for bad breath or halitosis as it is medically called. Food habits and other lifestyle habits including smoking can also lead to bad breath.
- Presence of food debris in a moist environment (saliva) is ideal for the oral bacteria to act on the food particles and break them down. This causes a bad breath, when it leads to plaque formation and it then calcifies into a hardened substance called calculus. Plaque and calculus are the main ingredients for tooth decay and periodontal disease.
- Severe tooth decay leads to bad breath as does periodontal infections. In severe cases, there could even be abscess formation in the root area of the tooth with pus formation
- Unclean dentures are another source of halitosis. There could be food lodged in between teeth or the undersurface of the denture, leading to bad breath.
- Dry mouth or xerostomia - Certain diseases and drugs can lead to dry mouth with reduced amounts of saliva. Saliva has a natural flushing effect on the bacteria, and in its absence, the bacteria thrive, leading to a bad odour.
General health: Chronic diseases like gastroesophageal reflux disease, digestive disorders, liver disorders, cancer, and diabetes can lead to bad breath.
- Long-term smoking and/or chewing tobacco and alcohol are also reasons for bad breath.
- Crash diets: People on low-carb diets can have a bad breath, owing to burning of the fat and producing ketones, which have a strong smell.
- Medications: Nitrates to reduce angina, chemotherapy agents for cancer, phenothiazines for anxiety can all lead to bad breath. They reduce saliva and/or release chemicals causing bad breath.
Management: The first step in managing halitosis is to nail the cause down, which makes it easier to treat.
- Start with oral hygiene check, and if there is decay or gum disease, consider restorations and cleaning.
- Mouth rinses can be used in the maintenance phase.
- Cessation of tobacco use should be considered.
- General health conditions like GERD should be managed
- Artificial saliva in cases of xerostomia
- Alternative medications if they are causing the bad breath
Oral breath is definitely embarrassing but can be managed very easily.