Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. DeepakYour feedback matters!
Laser skin resurfacing is a cosmetic procedure which helps in rejuvenating the skin. The effects of sun, old age and some facial skin disorders are also reduced with laser skin resurfacing. This procedure is quite safe, convenient and provides effective results. The expenses for this procedure are comparatively lesser than other related cosmetic procedures.
Laser skin resurfacing is also called laser peel and helps in the removal of damaged outer layers of the skin. The production of collagen and new skin cells in also stimulated. As a result of this procedure, your skin becomes smoother, younger and looks healthy.
During the procedure, a laser is used, which dissolves the molecular bonding of damaged skin cells. This is done layer by layer until the appearance of the skin gets smoother and more uniform. The damaged skin layers are peeled during this procedure.
Laser skin resurfacing can be performed to different depths, according to your requirement. All facial lines and wrinkles are improved depending upon the depth. There are different devices used for laser skin resurfacing and hence, the procedure can be divided into several types, based on the types of laser used.
Types of Lasers:
1. CO2 lasers: This device accounts for being the highest intensity laser skin resurfacing treatment. After using CO2 lasers, the skin's appearance becomes tighter and much smoother. The laser utilizes heat for the restriction of collagen bonds. CO2 lasers help in diminishing or eliminating scars, wrinkles, warts and birthmarks. CO2 lasers are used in early stages of cancer treatment.
2. Erbium lasers: These lasers are capable of removing the thin layers of the skin. These are less powerful than the CO2 lasers, but more precise. This laser skin resurfacing is carried out mostly in people with a dark complexion as the risk of permanent changes to skin pigmentation are less. The healing period is shorter, and these lasers are used for treating minimal wrinkles or lines.
3. Fraxel lasers: Fraxel laser skin resurfacing procedure is different from the other laser treatment methods. The Fraxel laser procedure is non-invasive and fewer side effects occur after the treatment. Skin tenderness and pain are not felt after the treatment. This treatment requires several sessions to be completed.
A laser skin resurfacing procedure enhances your skin's beauty and youthfulness as all facial lines or wrinkles are eliminated. The overall texture of the skin is also improved in case it becomes rough and coarse due to sun damage. The production of collagen in the lower dermis is stimulated as well. Laser skin resurfacing also removes skin growth like moles and warts.
Laser skin resurfacing is an effective cosmetic procedure for skin rejuvenation.
Note: All the wrinkles or facial lines are improved/eliminated depending upon age/depth and the type of Lasers used /indicated.
I have dark spots and pimples on my face. And uneven skin tone. How to use Berberis aquifolium. And calendula officinalis.
Hi im 23. I never faced this problem. But recently I started loosingmy hair, and the hair has become very thin before its not used tobe like this, and I use meera shampoo nly. I do not use any serum r gels. One can clearly see my skull, making fun of me. Can you please help me out. Suggest me any shampoos r tablets. And what to eat to become my hair stronger and healthier.
Hi, my 10 years daughter was good fair till 4 5 years but now her skin colour is getting darker day by day please suggest.
I moved to another city. In my body every where pimples with lot of etching. What is the solution of pimples to remove them.
I have vagina rashes since 6 months after My marriage. I used canditral200. But it controls only, it does not remove completely. There are hives inside my vagina only. I showed 3 doctors but it didn't get better. Becoz of it I am going in depression. please help me out. Is it any condom infection what should I do?
Let me know I m suffering frm acne nd so much hair growth prlm, is it bcoz of my hormones imbalance? What should I do.
I have pimples on my face and in back, I had tried medicine many times but there is no any improvement. Improvement seen till I take medicine. So what can I do?
I was on antibiotics (doxycycline) for 4 years. Now my immunity is so much weak. Everytime I eat something sweet, refined floor, coffee, tea etc, I get severe acne and my scalp become itchy and all of a sudden lots of hairs begin to fall, dandruff occurs. Please help.
I am 22 years old. I am suffering from hair fall and my hair density is too low now what should I do?
I m 37 year old male. I have hair loss problem almost bald from the middle of head and my hair are turning grey day by day.
Hello Drs. Could you please help me regarding tinea cruris infection in groin area, please mention the generic names of the medicines so I can find in any pharmacy. Thanks you all.
Hello sir my name is swidas mughante I am 40 year old man I am having white spot problem since last two year tell me what should I do.
Oily skin is a condition that can be characterized by shine on the skin and a large number of pores. The oil in question is a result of overactive sebaceous glands that produce excessive sebum. This can result in acne and blackheads. Summer is a time of the year where skin problems due to oily skin are worsened by factors such as sweat and dust. So proper skin care is necessary in order to negate the effects of oily skin.
Homeopathic cures to keep oil on the skin at bay are:
- Psorinum: Your greasy skin often casts a shadow on your natural complexion. Oily skin makes you look exhausted at all times of the day. You can benefit from Psorinum as it deals with the over active sebaceous glands, cleans the pores of your skin, treats pimples and also fights dark patches. People who sweat profusely and suffer from body odor problems or people susceptible to cold are usually advised to take this medicine.
- Berberis Aquifolium: No amount of make up can mar the appeal of clear skin. If you have oily skin, you are likely to face dullness. Since dirt easily settles on a greasy skin, it can make you look darker than usual. Berberis Aquifolium is an unparalleled medication in homeopathy that treats the above conditions without any side effects.
- Silicea and Kali Bromatum: Excess oil secretion often leads to the development of pus containing acne or pimples. These pimples, when diminish, may leave permanent or long lasting marks on your face. Scars and marks further result in pigmentation. Such problems can take a huge toll on your psychological health, leading you to be overly concerned about the way you look or losing interest in self appearance. In this regard, Silicea and Kali Bromatum can work wonders for your oily skin and its resultant effects.
Hello Doctor. Actualy I want to ask about my hair Problem my hairs are so rough and bhut patle hai mai aisa kya try kru ki mere hairs thick strong aur long bhi ho jaye please help me
How does the diode system remove hair?
A laser produces a beam of highly concentrated light. The light emitted is well absorbed by the pigment located in hair follicles. The laser pulses for a fraction of a second, just long enough to vaporize the pigment, disabling numerous follicles at a time to eliminate or significantly impede the hair growth. Skin n laser center, uses the highest technology from lumenis u. S. A, a gold standard light sheer diode laser with incomparable treatment efficacies in hair removal.
Is it painful?
The laser has a cooling tip where temp goes to 0 degree centigrade which allows significant cooling of skin before any shot of laser comes, making the procedure almost painless. During the treatment, there will be a tingling or stinging sensation, which can be tolerated. But, if you want the process to be completely painless, topical anesthetic creams are also available.
How many sessions do I need?
Number of sessions varies depending on patient's hair thickness, density and area to be treated. Eight to ten sessions are generally recommended, but few cases with patchy growth or fine hair even after ten sessions, may require treatment for longer period for maintenance.
Does it work on gray hair?
Laser energy is attracted to the melanin in our hair. The greater the amount of melanin, the better the results. White or grey hair does not contain any melanin and, therefore, does not respond to treatments.
Do I need to grow the hair for the treatment?
No, in fact we ask you to shave the area you want to be treated. Laser actually targets the anatomical structures below the skin. Surface hair actually interferes with the process.
In how long will I see the results?
You may see some changes immediately. Duration of one or two weeks will be taken for all of the hair in the treated area to fall. After that, you will experience no growth for several weeks. Therefore, you will be receiving immediate gratification, while you are moving towards a long-term goal.
Can I take treatment while I am on other medications?
The only medications that are prohibited for laser hair removal are isotretinoin and retino-a, which must be discontinued prior to treatment.