Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
I'm suffering from mouth ulcers can you please give me tips to control this and I have so much heat in my body so this is happening every time.
Why it is feel. Like I am dieing but the doctor do worry stop worrying. But that's not the cause .the is I am feeling like I am go to die. But all my blood work are normal. CBC blood test/ kidney function test/ liver function test/thyroid function test. HDL and LDL test. Sugar test urine test. Crp blood test. CKMB test D-dimer. Chest xray / ECG /echo cardiogram / ct scan on the brain and sinus. All my test is normal no finding's. But I like I am going to die. But I have a gum abscess but I am treating it with antibiotics 625 mg. But the antibiotics will not make you feel sick yes or no. Or my doctors miss something in my test?
When I brush in morning then a blood arise through my mouth and a little pain in my teeth every day. I tried most of toothpaste but no effect so sir ehat I do?
I have pain in my teeth. If I eat anything cold item lile ice cream or drink cold water it is very painful. I concern with dentist he said I am suffering with sensitivity. Please refer the medicine or treatment of this. I am from Chandigarh.
I tried a lot to get whiter teeth bt I failed every time with many products so can you please help me out?
Sir I am 60 years old. .some times I will get bad smell through my body, through mouth, through my arm pits. After some days it will go off automatically. .sir I am diabetic patient, but in control. I am taking "amaryl m1" tab. Daily 1 tab a day for diabetes. Suggest any medicine r tablet for bad smell. Thank you very much..
White patches on teeth are formed due to many reasons. There are many factors contributing to this. The appearance of the white patches is just like tiny white patches or spots randomly here and there on the teeth. They look odd and may give an impression of poor health and hygiene.
The causes of white patches on the teeth
White patches are formed on the teeth for the following common reasons:
- If the teeth are ill formed during development and more calcium is released than required during the development stages, then the excess calcium gets deposited on the teeth as the white patches. You may see them as spots which many be light in color or flashy white.
- Fluorosis is another common factor, which causes the white patches. This occurs in childhood. During the developing years, if the child's teeth get an excess supply of fluorides, then the white patches develop on the teeth.
- Mineral depletion is another cause for the white patches. This happens mostly for loss of calcium. If calcium is scarce, then the small white spots are developed on teeth, and the problem is referred to as hypocalcification.
- If you had been wearing braces for years, and didn't take care of teeth around the braces, then also white spots may develop when you take off the braces.
The various ways of treating the white spots
While the damage is done due to hypocalcification in developmental stages or due to excess fluorides in the developing years can't be reversed, but the appearance can definitely be taken care of. The management is done as follows:
- Tooth bleaching is an option. The bleach brings uniformity in the teeth color and therefore, conceals the discoloration.
- Air abrasion is another process where tiny crystal particles are blown towards the patches of calcium deposits, and this depletes the calcium. The removal of excess calcium brings a balance in teeth color.
- If there are dentures or gaps formed in the teeth after removal of calcium deposits, then a filling will be done to add to the portion to bring natural color balance and smoothness.
- Tooth capping and porcelain veneer can be added or crowned on tooth so that complete concealing is done of the white spots; this is done when in no other way the visible spots can be managed.
Prevention is better than cure and therefore, practicing dental hygiene and oral care is the best way to prevent the problem. Also a periodic dental checkup has to be done in every six months.