Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Deepa RejiYour feedback matters!
Hi. I'm a 18 years old boy. Previously when I was a kid I used to own a much fairer skin tone but now it's getting darker day by day. Now my skin tone is quite dark you can say. What should I do to recover my skin tone. I'm not sure is it just bcz of tanning. please tell me what to do. Any screen lightning serum or anything. Thank you.
What do I do to moisturize my vagina as I hav dry vagina so because of dryness it is too much itchy in night.
I have had stomach problems since last 2 days with loose stool. I am vomiting after getting food. Please help me.
I have to increase my weight because every is saying you are very thin how I can increase my health at minimum cost.
I am gaining weight day by day despite of dieting. Any solution which could help me to reduce the weight?
I have some joint and back pain. So exercise will help me to recover it. Please give some suggestion.
A doctor tell me that I have a spinal cord problem which is heritable which I got from my father. Is it true?
I am suffering from pimple and black spot many creams I have applied on that. But didn't getting good response. So what to do?
I have periods on 27th bt still I did not get I have tried papaya jaggery and ginger tea also bt no result wat would be the problem.
Female infertility is considered as the inability of conceiving. As per WHO it is described as the inability to be pregnant, maintain and carry forward a pregnancy to its full term. It is often of two types:
- Primary Infertility: This is the inability to give birth to a baby either due to the inability to become pregnant or maintain a pregnancy, which includes stillborn and miscarriage.
- Secondary Infertility: This refers to the inability to give birth when there is already a live birth or the woman was pregnant.
The causes of infertility can vary from being acquired or genetic. However, following factors are largely responsible for infertility:
- Genetic: Some genes can lead to mutation leading to infertility like, in case of BMP15 gene there is a hypergonadotrophic ovarian failure which causes infertility.
- Acquired: This is caused by factors like age, smoking, sexually transmitted diseases, obesity, body weight, eating disorders, diseases like diabetes, thrombophilia and also radiation and chemotherapy.
The treatment for infertility usually depends on the cause, age, duration of time for which a person has been infertile and preference of the patient. Infertility is believed to be a complex disorder and the treatment involves a huge amount of physical, financial and psychological commitments. All this also requires a lot of time. Some women might need just a minimum of two therapies to attain fertility while others might require different treatment before they can conceive.
Treatment is largely aimed to restore the fertility either by means of medication and surgery or help in reproduction with the help of some procedures.
Fertility Restoration through medication
This is the main treatment for women who are infertile because of ovulation disorders. These drugs include:
- Gonadotropins: These are injected to stimulate the ovaries. Drugs like Menopur, Repronex, Follistim AQ, Gonal-F, Bravelle restore the production of eggs, while Ovidrel and Pregnyl are used for maturing the eggs and for their release.
- Clomiphene citrate: This is taken orally and stimulates ovulation by releasing more Follicle Stimulating Hormone and Luteinizing Hormone from the pituitary gland.
- Metformin: This is used in females who have PCOS and also when insulin resistance plays a major role in infertility.
- Bromocriptine: Used when the infertility is caused due to excess prolactin production.
- Letrozole: This also induces ovulation
Fertility Restoration through surgery
Surgical procedures can amend the problem of infertility. However, these treatments are very rare these days owing to the success of other fertility treatments. These include:
- Tubal ligation reversal surgery: In case a tubal ligation has been performed it can be reversed by reconnecting the tubes again through surgery.
- Hysteroscopic surgery: This corrects or removes the abnormalities that cause infertility. This surgery can correct the shape of the uterus, remove endometrial polyps and improve chance of getting pregnant.
- Tubal surgeries: In case of blocked fallopian tubes laproscopic surgery can be performed to dilate the tubes, removed blockages or create a new opening.
Assistance in Reproduction through techniques
The most common used techniques for reproduction assistance are:
- Intrauterine insemination or IUI: In this about million healthy sperms are put in the uterus at the time of ovulation.
- Assisted reproductive technology: In this mature eggs are retrieved from a woman and this is then fertilized with sperms in a dish in the lab. Once the fertilization is done the embryo is placed in the uterus for further development. IVF is the most common and effective assisted reproductive technology. This procedure takes place over weeks with several blood tests and hormone injections.
Dealing with infertility is not easy and can be emotionally and physically draining. To cope with the various tests and treatments of infertility one should be fully prepared, eat a healthy diet, exercise reach out for help and support of family and friends and look for other options like a donor egg, adoption or no children.