Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Deepa AnithaYour feedback matters!
Sir when eat the food in little more than proper doze than I feel laziness and also my eyes becomes red.
The surgical procedure to correct the appearance of eyelids is called blepharoplasty. The correction is done by removing extra skin, fat and muscle that make the eyelids droop.
Eyelids start drooping when the muscles supporting your eyelids weaken as you grow older. Excess fat accumulates below and above your eyelids as a result, which leads to eye bags and droopy eyelids.
Besides making you look older than your age, droopy eyelids can also affect your vision. Blepharoplasty can improve your vision and give your eyes a polished look at the same time. Some other benefits include:
Excess deposits of fat that make eyelids look puffy are removed with the help of blepharoplasty.
Eye bags are reduced.
Drooping eyelids which end up revealing the sclera (the white part in your eyeballs) are fixed.
Fine wrinkles and excess skin around lower eyelids are corrected.
Blepharoplasty is usually combined with procedures such as skin resurfacing, face-lift or brow-lift.
Blepharoplasty, like every other surgical procedure, has certain risks, which include—
Bleeding and infection
Irritated, dry eyes
Trouble closing eyes and other associated problems
Eye muscle injury
Follow-up surgery is needed
Short-term blurry vision, or in unusual cases, loss of vision
General risks associated with surgery such as blood clots, anaesthetic reactions, cardiac and other coronary problems.
Before the surgery can be scheduled, a surgeon and ophthalmologist will be consulted to record your medical history and discuss your expectations about the surgery. Then, before the procedure can begin, the following steps will be followed:
First, you will be examined physically; your doctor will test your tear ducts and take measurements of your eyelids.
Second, your eyes will be examined and your vision will be tested.
Lastly, your doctor will take photographs of your eyes which will facilitate and guide him/her through the course of the surgery.
The effects of blepharoplasty are long-lasting and the corrections are permanent. Durable sun protection of the eyes helps in maintaining the corrections made.
Although, you can get excellent results from one surgery, sometimes you may need multiple procedures to achieve the desired look.
Sir have sight effect of 1.0 but idont want to take glasses is there any chance to minimise this e effect please give me solution.
I have ocular myasthenia gravis. It occurred to me first time in 2008 and gone through medication for 2 years. Medicine was myestin. After 2 years of medication all was fine until last year. It again occurred to me last in August 2015. This time am on myestin and one immuno suppressant MMF, from last 4-5 months. Please suggest if there is any permanent cure for this diseases? Please tell.
My eyes has been blur sir. Please tell me what should I do? I can't see far things. And when I see any thing regular then pain start in met both eyes.
Sir. I have a eye sight. Both eyes are -5.5. So going to be a laser treatment. But we are poor family. We don't have a sufficient amount for treatment. Please could you tell me free or low amount treatment facility hospitals.
I have 2.5 minus power on both of eyes, I want to remove it, which one will be best medical in indore, with quality and coat deficiency, and recently I start to use contact lens, its make irrigation if I use more than 4 hour.
I have to work on computer staring at the screen for long hours. What are the best ways to refresh my eyes? Should I buy yellow tinted glasses like Gunnars to reduce strain?
My age is25 years old and my eye sides are getting darkness and is blackish and the colour of face is also getting darker pls suggest me some tips to get rid of this
Hi. My right eye has become red and tears are flowing I doubt it is conjunctivitis. Can you prescribe some medicine for me.
Did you know that your vision is responsible for around 80% of you sensory input? your eyes are among the most delicate organs in your body. Long work hours in front of the computer and long study hours results in tired and sometimes irritating eye conditions. But help isn't too far. Before you head to the doctor, you can head to your kitchen to look for solutions. There are several home remedies that you can try to not only improve your eyesight but also get rid of glasses and rebuild your vision! here's how you can do it:
1. Exercise: Just like any other body part, your eyes need exercise too. Blinking your eyes rapidly for 5 seconds helps moisturize it. Similarly, cupping your eyes with you palms for 4-5 minutes triggers acupuncture points that helps the eye to relax. There are specific exercises to reduce eye strain, improve blurred vision and enhance reading. Do these as per the specific problem you are facing.
2. Take a break: Follow the 10-10-10 rule when you are on the computer for extended hours. For every half hour of work, take a 10 min break to look at something n a distance at least 10 feet away for 10 seconds. These becomes tricky if you are studying or working in a fast paced environment and easily forget to take breaks. Set alarms that help you know the time so that you can actively plan your breaks. To enhance break time, try to look at greenery during your 10 sec break which helps the eyes relax better. Splash your eyes with cold water to give them a fresh feel.
3. Yoga: Yoga and meditation relaxes your body and mind. It is also a great way to relax your eyes as you get to close them and give them rest. When you close your eyes, you shut out a big chunk of sensory inputs helping your body go from an active reaction mode to a passive action mode.
4. Eat for your eyes: Make sure you add your weekly quota of vision enhancing food in you diet. Carrots which are rich in beta-carotene and vitamin a are great for the eyes. Similarly grapes and blueberries work great to improve your night vision. Green leafy veggies, garlic, shallots, eggs and onion all contribute in keeping your eyes healthy and strong. Cold water fish rich in DHA is an another great food that helps reduce dry eyes and muscular degeneration.
5. Change your lifestyle: Other than exercise and proper nutrients, you need to ensure you get a shut eye for six to eight hours every day to let your eyes fully rest and rejuvenate. As always drink 6 - 8 glasses of water. And don't forget to get regular eye check ups especially if you are a diabetic or have other health conditions that adversely affect your eyes.