Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Deeksha VijaykumarYour feedback matters!
Water always drops from my eyes specially in cold or hot, in air while moving on bike, in ac rooms. What to do?
I have a problem of eyes. Sometimes there is a sudden pain in my right eye. N it becomes dry. Please help me to resolve this problem.
I am suffering from eye sight weakness. Could you tell me the best thing to improve based on natural resources. For example- what should I eat/drink something like that.
I had my kidney transplant on Jan 2015, as recommended by doctors I am taking post transplant medicine. My left eye's vision is diminishing and doctors were able to diagnose the problem. Please suggest.
My eyes are always red I am using eye cool sometime before going to some meeting. Everybody thinks I am feeling sleepy. And m feeling no itching or pain.
I am 21 years old. During night time. I can not sleep. I am so lean. Below my eyes are black colour. I need your help.
Im 25 years old male. Im having eye sight of 1.75 in one dye and 2 jn other eye. Is it possible to reduce eye sight totally? If yes, how? If not, Why?
I see eye floaters from past 8 years but now From last 2-3 years I thinks its increasing. Or something like that. And left eye twitch every time I go for sexual pleasure. I want to know reason for that. Is there any problem with my eye as I have to go for LASIK.
I use spectacles of no.-1.75. I want to join Indian air force as a officer. Please suggest me if there is any other option other than laser. I am from bhiwani, haryana so which is best hospital nearby where I go.
I have problem to talkbanybody infrolnt of mirror. When I talk my lips n my voice become sobloudly. And my eyes going off.
My age is 18 and I am female I am suffering with headache suddenly and consulted doctor he suggested me spectacles I bought it for my sight but my head ache is suffering me.
I want to know what is the max and min time best for the exposure of eyes to the artificial lights like TV and mobile. Also whether increase in screen brightness of mobile or laptop could strain the eyes of instead they help for the eyes.
-Wash eyes with luke warm water after coming home from pollution.
-Take fluids and balanced diet.
-Do eye rolling and pinpointing exercises before bed.
-Do not continuously watch TV.
-Use solar goggles when outdoor.
-Take all colour fruit and veg for vitamins and antioxidants.
I have eye sight problem. My eye sight is very poor. I do not watch things from far distance. Can you help me to tell what I can do for my eye sight to be strong?
I am a 18 years old boy some times a fell serious headache. Mostly during winter please suggest me what I should do, should there is any thing related of headache with my eyes, should I go for spectacles. Or Not?
Sight is one of our most important senses. To ensure that your vision is not compromised, regular eye examinations are essential. This is regardless of age and overall health because the only way to diagnose conditions in the eye in the early stages is with a comprehensive eye exam. By arresting them in the early stages, many eye disorders can be easily controlled and treated.
During a routine eye examination, the doctor will look into a number of aspects of your eye's health. An eye examination can also indicate serious health issues like diabetes, macular degeneration and glaucoma. Some of the conditions an eye doctor looks for during an eye exam are:
- Refractive error: If you already have a prescription this will be checked. In other cases, the strength of the eye muscles is checked for near sightedness, far sightedness and astigmatism which can be corrected with lasik surgery, spectacles or lenses. The earlier a refractive error is corrected, the lower are its chances of increasing. When it comes to children, they often do not realize signs of vision deterioration and hence, an eye examination becomes essential.
- Amblyopia: This is a condition where one eye has a much higher refractive error than the other or where the eyes are misaligned. If this is not treated in time, amblyopia can stunt vision in the affected eye and result in blindness.
- Strabismus: Crossed or turned eyes are termed as cases of strabismus. This is caused by the misalignment of the eyes and can cause problems with depth perception. This can lead to amblyopia and eventual blindness if not treated in time.
- Focusing and communicative problems between the eyes: An eye examination can also determine problems with focusing on objects. With children this can be a sign of underdeveloped focusing skills while in adults it can be a symptom of presbyopia or age related diminished focusing ability. Your doctor will also check how well your eyes work together. If they do not work in tandem, it can cause headaches, eye strains and problems with reading.
- Diseases: By looking at the blood vessels and retina of the eyes, doctors can detect signs of high blood pressure, cholesterol etc. Leaks in the blood vessels or bleeding in the eyes can also be a sign of diabetes or swelling of the macula.
- Age related conditions: As with the rest of the body, the eye tissues and muscles also degenerate with time. Cataract is one of the most common age related issues that affect the eyes.