Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Deeksha VijaykumarYour feedback matters!
I have to clean my red eyes and I want them white in colour what should I do for getting my white clean eye back.
My eyesight is getting weaker and weaker and I am not able to see distinct objects clearly I don't wanna have lens But I want it to be fixed with proper diet.
One of my relative nearly lost eye site due to Steven Johnson effect. Tears are not formed. Now she is using artificial lens with liquid in it. It's taking lot of time to recover. The method adopted is Boston Technic. Can any doctor suggest better treatment. She is 18 years old. You can call me on 9821249793 Mumbai.
I am 20 year old and have night blindness by birth and nystagmus. I want to know weather there is a treatment for these diseases are available in India.
Good morning sir My eyes are yellow. I'm sleeps very much. So please Sir tell me how I can control it?
I have noticed small blood vessels in my eyes, what should I do. I am 22 year old, and I have wearing contacts for more than 3 year. I dnt wear any glasses but I noticed small blood vessels in my eye. It's not to the point where I look stoned, but it brothers me and I dnt want it to get worst. Thanks.
I have red eyes also itching consulted with homeopathic doctor, He said I have catarrh, what should I do need some remedy.
Too much black spot, dark circles and fine lines I my eyes. What precaution should I do? please help me? Give me your suggestions? Which cream used, how can I make my eyes beautiful?
Night blindness is also called nyctalopia. It's a type of vision impairment. People with night blindness experience poor vision at night or in dimly lit environments. It is not a disease in itself, but rather a symptom of an underlying problem, usually a retina problem.
What Causes Night Blindness?
A number of eye conditions can cause night blindness, including:
- Nearsightedness or blurred vision when looking at faraway objects.
- Cataracts or clouding of the eye's lens.
- Retinitis pigmentosa, which occurs when dark pigment collects in your retina and creates tunnel vision.
- Vitamin A Deficiency
- Zinc Deficiency
- Dry Eyes
Are the Symptoms of Night Blindness?
The sole symptom of night blindness is difficulty seeing in the dark. You're more likely to experience night blindness when your eyes transition from a bright environment to an area of low light, such as when you leave a sunny sidewalk to enter a dimly lit restaurant. You're likely to experience poor vision when driving due to the intermittent brightness of headlights and streetlights on the road.
How can I Prevent Night Blindness?
You can't prevent night blindness that's the result of birth defects or genetic conditions, such as Usher syndrome. You can, however, properly monitor your blood sugar level and eat a balanced diet to make night blindness less likely.
Orange colored foods are excellent sources of vitamin A, including:
- Sweet potatoes
- Butternut squash
What are the Treatment Options for Night Blindness?
The treatment will depend on its causes.
- Nutrient deficiency (Vitamin A and Zinc) is the easiest to treat.
- If the cause is cataract, you can go for cataract surgery to remove the clouded lens and replace it with artificial intraocular lens. Vision is usually dramatically improved after surgery.
- For dry eye syndrome, lubricate your eyes with artificial tear drops as they provide instant relief. Just make sure that they are without preservatives.
- Diabetic retinopathy can be prevented with tight control over blood sugar, active lifestyle and good dietary habits.
- As for retinitis pigmentosa, unfortunately there are no treatments available. Thankfully, new research is showing that vitamin A might have a slowing effect on the progression of this eye disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.
My age is 38 f i am a diabetic since 4yrs, my vision getting blurred, my teeth swells blood sometimes also giddiness. I am taking glimeperide 2mg if I go to some other doctor they also tell to take the same medicine only what to do?
◦An easy home remedy to soothe red eyes is a ice pack. Use it as a cold compress for 5 minutes on each eye, twice a day.
◦Another natural cure for red and itchy eyes is a simple splash of cold water. This can be done many times a day whenever relief is needed from red eye.
◦Rosewater is a gentle home remedy that takes away bloodshot eyes. Soak 2 sterile cotton balls with rose water, close the eyes and place a cotton ball on each eye. Leave this on for 15 minutes, twice a day.
◦If you are wondering how to remove red eyes with a safe and natural cure, a time-tested way to soothe sire eyes is to place a slice of cold cucumber over each closed eye and leave it on for 15 minutes.
◦Steep 2 bags of green tea for 2 minutes in hot water and remove. Put the teabags in the fridge and when they are cool, place them on the closed eyes and leave it for 15 minutes. This will reduce signs of fatigue and swelling.
◦Bilberry is an herb that has been proven to treat eye-related ailments.
◦Boil ½ tsp of fennel seeds in 1 cup of water and let them steep for 25 minutes. Then, drain the water out and use it as an eye rinse.
◦Homeopathic natural eye drops are available from health food stores that mimic natural tears. This is a great alternative to regular eye drops.
◦Sleep is probably the best home remedy for red eyes.
I have suffered from dengue about 3 years ago. Now my half head is always in pain my right eye right side of fase head always pains and I suffers from brain and body weakness I my 42 years old lady. please tell me medicins or fruits which can help me .I can not able to do any work I suffers from fatigue.
I Have The Problem In My Eyes Whenever I Sit Near The AC, I Get A Severe Pain In My left Eye and get A Very hectic Headache.
Eyes do more than we give them credit for and require more care than what we actually give them mostly. It isn't very difficult to ensure that your eyes are healthy and taken care of.
Here are 7 ways to care for your eyes everyday.
1) Splash water - Always clean your eyes with cold (filtered) water, from time to time. The clean water washes the eyes and keeps them healthy and free of diseases.
2) Don’t look into the sun - Never look into the sunlight directly. In fact, avoid looking at any sort of light that is harsh on the eyes. Direct rays of any kind of bright light can have damaging effect on the retina.
3) Get eyes examined - Have regular eye exams to check for diabetes and high blood pressure, if these health problems already exist in the family.
4) Do not smoke - People who smoke are more risk of having age-related eye problems.
5) Exercise your eyeballs - Roll the eyeballs up and down, and lift and right without moving your position. Repeat this exercise about 5 to 10 times. This helps relax the muscles in your eyes.
6) Distance eyes from screens - If you work on the computer, make sure there is enough distance between the screen and your eyes. Sit at least 22-28 inches away from the screen. The same applies while using smartphones and tablets. Do not view the screen from too close. Viewing the screen from too near as well as from too far; can increase the strain in your eyes.
7) Give them a break - People who work on the computer all day should ensure that they rest their eyes after regular intervals. Look in a long distance every few minutes.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.