Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. DayanandYour feedback matters!
Hi, doctor I live in delhi & I am 34yr old female person. I have a tremor problem for last 4 months. What should I do?
Insomnia is a sleeping disorder, where an affected person suffers from sleeplessness and is unable to fall asleep or remain asleep for a long time which is required to stay healthy. Insomnia affects the functioning of the body and increases pain sensitivity of the body.
Insomnia has many cures and treatment options. Homeopathy is considered to be an important and very efficient form of medication, which treats insomnia and related sleeping disorders. Homeopathy eliminates the cause of insomnia from the roots, and both the disorders and symptoms are cured.
Here are some common homeopathic medicines, which are used to treat insomnia, along with the symptoms when they are prescribed for use:
- Arnica: It is used to ease patients when they overwork physically, and is also useful tor treating insomnia caused due to jet lag.
- Aconite: Aconite cures acute cases of insomnia, which results because of fear, shock, paranoia, grief or due to some bad news. Anxiety, tension and restlessness also cause insomnia, which is cured by aconite.
- Arsenicum album: This homeopathic remedy treats insomnia where a patient feels sleepy during the daytime, but cannot sleep at night. Restlessness and having bad dreams are observed.
- Calcarea phosphoric: This medicine treats insomniac patients who experience difficulty in waking up in the morning. The patient becomes anxious, restless and gets irritated easily and tends to avoid daily routine.
- Causticum: Causticum is used in cases of insomnia where bed wetting is likely by the patient, especially during the first phase of the night. The patient develops a fear of the dark and a strong sense of justice.
- Chamomilla: Used in cases of sleeplessness in babies where teething, anger or colics cause disruption in sleep. The eyes do not close completely during sleep, and the patient moans. It is also used in grown-ups who are irritable and peevish and experience fearful dreams.
- Cocculus: Cocculus cures insomnia, which occurs due to over exhaustion and over strain. It prevails in people who work during night shifts and need to spend sleepless nights due to work.
- Coffea: This homeopathic remedy is derived from coffee beans and provides relaxation to insomniac people. When a person gets over excited and is kept awake because of constant thoughts, coffea can calm that person and make him fall asleep.
- Equisetum: This homeopathic medicine cures insomnia where the patient wets the bed while dreaming. This happens due to immature nervous functioning.
- Ignatia: Ignatia treats insomnia occurring from extreme shock, grief or emotional stress. The patient becomes very moody, jerks his limbs during sleep and experiences disturbing dreams.
Homeopathy is an ideal treatment for insomnia or sleeplessness. Being natural, it works very efficiently without any side effects.
My dad has been suffering from epilepsy for about 40 years and he has been on medications such as phenobarbital 60 mg and I would really like the seizures to stop, can I have some advise please?
I get burning sensation in both legs and palm when I go to bed nite or noon whenever I lie down on bed I get burning sensation why?
My friend is 21 years old female with a 2 years old child. Recently she is diagnosed with astrocytoma grade tumor in her spinal cord. Her left leg has become numb, almost paralyzed. Please suggest the best treatment for her.
I am suffering from full body vibrating, sexual weakness also for last 2 years. I have taken many medicines recommended by the doctor but no relief as of now.
Hi there Hope this week is treating you well Dear Dr. My mother is suffering from paralysis from last 4 years and due to paralysis her health suffers allots, she requires urgent medical intention because she not able to eat proper food which affects her health. Even she is totally on bed and also suffered from bed sore but at present she recovers from it. So kindly suggest me is she able to get denture so that it helps my mom to eat food and she can live longer. I am sending you few pics of her along with this mail. I will be thankful to you if you suggest me what to do further. As my mother is totally on bed so I am looking for a doctor who is kind hearted and take out time to visit our house in model town block -d by getting out time from his or her busy schedule. Till now we spend lakhs on my mother treatment and have very bad experience with doctors those who only bother about money rather than patient health but its doesn't mean that I though all doctors are same. As far home visit fee and treatment is concern I can afford but I only requires good treatment in return. Sumit.
I want to know how a person can be treated who is afflicted with Alzheimer's disease? What is Alzheimer's disease?
I have a son of 4 years and he is showing with a strange symptom when he is awake in the morning his hands are shiver a little bit but after some time he is fine can any one tell me why this happens.
I am aged 48 years, female with diabetes for 17 years. My right hand gives heavy pain and becomes numb while sleeping under air conditioner. In the morning after waking up and coming out of ac it takes nearly one hour to become normal. Result for diabetic neuropathy negative. Present sugar value is fasting 117 and post prandial is 200. Not obesse and lipid levels are normal. On insulin 18 units per day with diamond m carbopage prolomet 75 mg and pod tabs in the morning and in night dianorm m, pioglite 0.75mg prolomet 75 mg atrovastatin and ecosprin and repace are administered. How to get rid of the right hand pain?
Cerebral palsy refers to a group of neurological disorders that appear in infancy or childhood and permanently affect body movement and muscle co-ordination.
Lack of muscle co-ordination when performing voluntary movements (ataxia)
Stiff or tight muscles and exaggerated reflexes (spasticity)
Walking with one foot or leg dragging
Walking on the toes, a crouched gait, or a'scissored' gait
Muscle tone that is either too stiff or too floppy
Cerebral palsy is usually due to brain damage in the first few months or years of life, brain infections such as bacterial meningitis or viral encephalitis, or head injury.
Ayurveda treatment for cerebral palsy:
Ayurveda has shown very good results in patients of cerebral palsy. Though cerebral palsy may not be fully cured, ayurvedic treatment can definitely help to reduce disability and improve the functioning of the affected individual to a great extent. The ayurvedic treatment of cerebral palsy focuses on treating the presenting symptoms and attempting to reverse the brain damage.
Medicines which help in improving the functional capacity of the brain and may also help in regeneration of damaged brain cells are:
Brahmi (bacopa monnieri)
Mandukaparni (centella asiatica)
Shankhpushpi (convolvulus pluricaulis)
Jyotishmati (celastrus paniculatus)
Kushmand (benincasa hispida)
Ustukhuddus (lavandula stoechas)
Yashtimadhu (glycyrrhiza glabra) ashwagandha (withania somnifera)
Shatavari (asparagus racemosus)
Guduchi (tinospora cordifolia)
Vacha (acorus calamus)
Haritaki (terminalia chebula)
Some of these medicines are also useful in preventing or reducing convulsions.
Medicines which helps in the formation of the muscles and tissues are:
Guduchi (tinospora cordifolia)
Amalaki (emblica officinalis)
Musta (cyperus rotundus)
Panch tikta ghrita
Panch tikta ghrita guggul
Pancha gavya ghrita
Medicines are used to improve nerve conduction and muscular co-ordination are:
Vata gajankush ras
Tapyadi loh ras
Panchakarma therapies which are useful in this condition are:
Abhyangam: massage of the entire body with medicated oils like mahanarayan oil, maha-mash-oil and maha-saindhav-oil are very useful.
Yogic postures useful in cerebral palsy are as follows:
Adho mukha svanasana
All these therapies and medicines show miraculous effect on the patients suffering from cerebral palsy.
(p. S: as every human being is different according to ayurveda, all have different cures. So, kindly consult us or an ayurveda doctor before taking any herbal treatments.)
This post is written by Dr. Jaina patwa who is a chief ayurvedic practitioner based at vile parle, mumbai, india. She is available as an online ayurvedic consultant on skype. Skype id - vishwacare
Vishwacare offers ayurvedic treatment globally for all chronic and refractory health problems. Dr. Jaina patwa uses high quality organic herbal extracts which are easy to take, effective and completely safe for long-term use.