Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Daxa PandeYour feedback matters!
I have upper eyed from 3months, and it also get hard and like a green gram, what ll I do, so that I ll be dissolve completely.
Loss of vision in left eye taken steroids can see big objects from center can see quite clear from from left side can't recognize colour and face from center can it be clear.
I am 17 years male. And have glasses on eyes.-2, and-1.5 in right and left eyes. Is there any treatment for reducing lens no. In homeopath or ayurved. Without surgery.
One elderly person told me to put raw potato drops into my eyes to improve my vision. He was told by a saint in haridwar. Do you think it will work?
Sir mere eye ke pass chot lagne se eye laal ho gaya h and eye ke niche kala kala ho gaya h kya kre ki eye ka lal or uske niche ke kala dag mit jae.
Hello Dr. my baby is 10 day old and his eyes are looking yellowish and his urine also yellowish what to do please help me.
I have a red eye from 10 days and my chest aching from 10 days and my left hand aching from 2 days please Help me.
I am 25 years old I having Cataract in both eyes becoz I am taking perdisionl bcoz of that side effects. I want to knw that how much time surgery of cataract can by delay?
I do not have much strength. I can not pick large objects eg. 20 litres water can. What should I do to gain strength.
I am suffering from allergy around my eyes. Some portion around of my eye is like pressed down. And this problem is always starts from winter season. It damage my whole look. I am looking old due to this problem. Pls help me.
I am 22 years female. I will get tears in my eyes while studying. What precautions I need to follow?
I am 23 years old boy. I am having slight visual problem with my eye but I don't want to wear glasses. Is any exercise or meditation I could do to improve my eyesight?
How safe is laser procedure to remove power from eyes and what are it's side effects further any new technology for same in India. As I have - 3 power in both my eyes and this power is constant since last 4 years.
Variety of contact lenses is used to correct refractive errors. Soft Contact (hydrogel) Lenses are most often used in various types of refractive errors but they have certain disadvantages. These lenses do not permit adequate Oxygen to pass through which is essential for health of cornea and hence they can be worn for limited hours, i.e 6 to 8 hours maximum and never while sleeping. The tear proteins get deposited on these lenses which limit their life to about a year. If worn for prolonged period or proper measures not taken to clean the lenses, cornea can get an ULCER which at times can result in permanent loss of vision. Disposable daily wear lenses provide safer alternative but the cost increases significantly. Since soft contact lenses are applied after cleaning with a solution which can be the cause of mild to severe allergic conjunctivitis which can become intolerable. Soft contact lenses are not ideal in eyes with high corneal astigmatism.
Merits of soft contact lenses are that they can be dispensed over the counter or purchased on line though it is not ideal. A correct curvature and power of a contact lens is determined by a contact lens specialist/ Ophthalmologist after measuring exact corneal curvature and using trial contact lens. Another merit is that these lenses can be accepted very easily since even on the first day they do not produce much of discomfort. These lenses can be worn off and on without any inconvenience. Recent introduction of Toric Contact Lenses have made them more acceptable in cases of moderate corneal astigmatism.
Breathing Contact Lenses:
These lenses are the one which permit significant amount of oxygen to pass through and hence can be worn for prolonged interval without any adverse effect on the cornea. These are of two types
- Semisoft or Extended Wear RGP Contact Lenses: These lenses are made up of FP 92 which is a semi rigid soft plastic and is highly permeable to oxygen. These lenses are excellent for high refractive errors, especially in patients who have high corneal astigmatism. Even cases with irregular cornea or Keratoconus, these lenses can be accepted with rewarding results. These lenses can only be fitted by an expert Ophthalmologist since precise measurement has to be carried out and various trial lenses have to be tried to evaluate the optimum fit. The lenses are made to measurement and the patient has to be precisely trained to fit the lenses and maintain them. As stated, the lenses can be safely worn while sleeping and there is practically no danger of corneal toxicity or infection. These lenses may last for 4-5 years. One of the demerits of these lenses is that they take 5-6 days to adopt and the patient is advised to use them regularly. They are excellent alternative to LASIK surgery.
- Silicon Hydrogel Contact Lenses: These are recent introduction of extended wear contact lenses with capacity to 'breathe' better than soft or hrdrogel contact lenses. Some of the recent Silicon Hydrogel Contact lenses introduced by Alcon and Bausch and Lomb can be worn for a week or so.
Silicon hydrogel lenses though indicated for prolonged wear but can cause mild keratitis and sometimes allergic keratitis if worn overnight. These lenses still needs lot of improvement to be free of complications
Advise: It is ideal to consult an Ophthalmologist specialized in contact lenses for fitting of a proper contact lenses. Advertised lenses some time misguide and can be damaging to the eye.
Mujhe weak eyesight ki problem hai aur main ise theek karna chahta hu doctor ne mujhe lens bhi diye hain lakin main apni ankhien dobara pehle jaisi karna chahta hu toh please mujhe boleye mujhe apni ankhien pehle jaisi karne ke liye kya karna hoga jis se meri ankhien pehle jaisi ho jaye.
Hello I am 28yr old male 15 years ago I met an accident in that I lost my partial eye sight in my right eye now I only can see the side view not front. Please suggest me what should I do?
I have having heavy eye vision problem from last one year my specs no. Has increased from 0.25 to 2.50 please suggest me some exercise and medicine which can help me in having more clear vision.
Eyeglasses and contact lenses are both used for vision correction. Both of the options have their advantages and disadvantages but a number of factors like lifestyle, comfort and age etc. are important while deciding which one to choose.
Here is a list of the fundamental differences between using spectacles and using contact lenses:
- Distance from the cornea: Lenses are worn directly on the eye and are in constant physical contact with the cornea while glasses are worn over the eyes. Contact lenses may cause infections in the eye because the user has to touch the eye in order to wear them and to take them off.
- Difference in vision: Since the lenses of spectacles are a little distance away from the eye, vision can be slightly distorted but contact lenses can provide natural and accurate vision. Also, side vision is not improved by glasses as you have to turn your head to see what is beside you. The contacts move around with your eyeballs and the peripheral vision is in focus.
- Ease of use: Some people find eyeglasses difficult to use because of the constant weight on the face and the obstruction caused by the frames of the glasses. There may also be a constant need to adjust the frames. Often eyeglasses slip down the nose when you sweat or engage in rigorous physical activity. Contact lenses are free from all these hassles - they are not distracting or obstructive and so they are extensively used by dancers and athletes. Spectacles is very uncomfortable to wear during the rains or in humid weather because they fog up.
- Infections and complications: Contact lenses can get displaced inside the eye and they can be difficult to reposition. They also cause the eyes to itch and water if you wear them for a very long time at a stretch or if tiny dust particles enter your eyes. The use of eyeglasses is far more flexible in this respect - they can be removed in case your eye itches or burns, but regular use of glasses causes dark circles and bags under the eyes.
- Aesthetic differences: People often prefer contact lenses as they do not change the physical appearance - they help you look natural and you can also use colored lenses to change the color of your eyes. Glasses may look slightly unnatural but some people also prefer them for the fashion quotient. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.