Find numerous Anesthesiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dattatreya Prabhakumar
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. Dattatreya PrabhakumarYour feedback matters!
I am 35 years old, my father also suffering from joint pain, now he is 65 years. Now he can't walk properly. I have also feel pain on whole body. Some times my leg muscle, neck,back, waist,shoulder joint pain. So what kind of treatment I need.
Im a below knee amputation patient. How much a below knee liner cost, and how much validity of liner.
I have supraspinatus injury in past amd now when I am doing bench press I feel pain in my shoulder joint it was like a irritation not hurting me badly but I feel that something is wrong with it.
Sir, From the some day, my legs are so paining and I am not moving my leg from the pain. What should I do?
Hi Team, From weeks I am suffering from neck pain for more than two weeks on the left side and there was I had swelling also around that area. I am visited physiotherapist for the same but no relief. I am an IT professional and have sitting job. My bad sitting posture resulted this as per analysis and over the top of it I did exercise not nowing what is it to stop the pain which lead in protective muscle spasm. My muscle strength is also quiet weak as per report. But I am still not getting a clue that why after microcurrent treatment my pain is not recovering even after having complete bed rest. Can anyone suggest me what needs to done ?should I consult spine doctor?
There is a general belief that homeopathy is a line of medicine that takes a holistic look at the human body and not in a localized manner. Every condition is diagnosed based on its history and the underlying cause and the other parts of the body the disease or disorder may be connected to. The case of joint pains and arthritis is no exception. If you feel pain in your joints and approach a homeopathic practitioner, the process will be to make a diagnosis in this way only.
It’s Not Always About Medicines
There is this misconception that homeopathy is all about medicines and concoctions that are prescribed for treatment of diseases. It is usually more than that. As mentioned above, the practitioner will consider several aspects. These will include the style or the way the pain is experienced by the patient. For example, a person who feels pain in the knee joints may feel severe pain when waking up in the morning, but the pain will reduce in intensity and relief will be experienced as he or she moves around. This may repeat alternately while resting and when being active. This kind of pain will be treated with a different remedy than the direct localized application of a gel or other preparations. Alternately, when the pain shoots up as the person moves, the treatment needs to be of a different kind.
A Large Volume of Research is Undertaken
Practitioners of homeopathy themselves and others who are keen to know if it is really that effective as a form of medicine undertake a lot of research on the way homeopathy approaches its methods of treatment. In these experiments, the researchers from 2 groups with similar conditions, such as rheumatoid arthritis and offer them treatment, one following homeopathy and the other a different method. And the results have always proven that homeopathy has evolved better ways to address the condition and offer longer lasting remedies.
Lifestyle Choices Reviewed and Corrected
Another additional form of the remedy suggested within homeopathy for the treatment of joint pains and arthritis or any other form for that matter relates to the changes being suggested in the lifestyle of the patients.
These are besides the medicines prescribed for the remedy and will cover the food intake; things that should be avoided or taken in larger amounts, dropping certain habits and inculcating others and so on. Consumption of alcohol, for instance, is generally discouraged because it interferes with the internal medicine being taken. This is true for most allopathic drugs also, but it is not given the same emphasis there as it is done in homeopathy.
There are other similar suggestions made during the treatment of joint pains through the homeopathic route which comprises medicines and counselling. The medicines will also have the external components and the internal ones. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
She is having high blood pressure, headache, knee pain n swelling in the feet. Guestick. She want to go with ayurvedic solutions. It would be very kind if you provide any feasible solution for this. Waiting for your answer.
My mother is 70 years old. She has suffering from shoulders pain from 6-7 months. Please tell me what should she do?
Back pain can take away all of your energy and stop you from doing your daily chores. Therefore, it is very important that you get the right kind of treatment. Ayurveda has proven to be a very crucial player in treating lower back pain.
The following solutions diminish the Vata dosha, which is responsible for the lower back pain:
- Remain warm: One of the fundamental characteristics of Vata dosha is that it is cool. That is the reason, at whatever point you come in contact with something cold or even consume cold food items or beverages, your lower back pain somehow spikes up. During winters, this pain becomes excruciating and keeps you from doing your everyday activities. Therefore, it is very important for you to stay warm. For that, you can either put on a warm belt or get a warm balm massages on your lower back.
- Lessen your intake of extremely impactful flavours: Consuming a lot of extreme flavours in your food, for example, red and green chillies and wasabi can have an extremely drying impact on the body. Since dryness is another of the primary characteristics of Vata dosha, it gets expanded with drying substances, and this can lead to constipation in your body. This increases the lower back pain.
- Eat warm foods: Devouring frosty foods and beverages cause an increase in V;ata dosha,k which leads to a lot of pain. Coldness makes your lower back tightened and causes certain body parts and areas to clog. Whereas, the fitting amount of warmth gives relieve and allows smooth bowel movement in the body and helps them remain open with the goal that we can finally dispose of the processed food. This also helps relieve the pain that comes from constipation.
- Practice padahastasana: Padahastasana (leaning forward-overlay stance) is an incredible yoga posture for lower back pain specifically on the grounds that it permits the Vata dosha to stream all through the body, wiping out the blockage of the stool-conveying channels that causes both constipation and lower back pain.
- Oil your body: Ayurveda shows how stress, tension, exhaustion, and tiredness are all expansions of the Vata dosha, and a lot of collected development of Vata dosha leads to early maturing, a lot of pain in different parts of the body, particularly the lower back. Therefore, oiling the body can help unclog all the parts in the body and increase the blood flow.
- Drink Bishop's weed seed tea: Bishop’s weed seeds (called Ajwain seeds in Hindi) can be found in practically any grocery or departmental store and many health and clinical stores as well. This Ayurvedic flavour is very useful for pain and in addition constipation. It can be securely taken by anyone.
- Kati Vasti: Kati Vasti is a miraculous Ayurvedic treatment very effective for various ailments connecting to the lower back and spine. The treatment involves retention of specially prepared warm medicated oil over the lower back or other parts of the spine for a certain period, to tackle all types of backpain, sciatica, spondylosis, and also to cure disc prolapse and spinal dislocations.
- Cold/Heat therapy: Cold therapy can help reduce inflammation, muscle spasm, and pain. Cold therapy may be recommended immediately following a sprain or strain. Apply cold to your back using cold packs, ice cubes, iced towels/compresses, or take a cool bath. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!