Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Daisy JohnYour feedback matters!
My grand daughter is 7 years old, she has Macular De generation on the eyes, how could it be cured, we have shown her to leading hospitals but there is no progress in treatment or in the disorder. Now giving Wheat Grass Powder. Can you help in any way for guaranteed restoration of the eyes ability to see well.
Sir my eyes watering every time. And there is always dust in eyes if I remove it also. After removing dust it comes again. My vision sight is ok but I am facing the above problems. I have used some anti allergic eye drops also but don't given any result. Which medicine should I use to cure this. I am facing this problem from many years.
I am suffering from eye problem when ever I am across a microscope in da college. Wat shud I do to be safe?
4-5 month back I face madras eye problem after that problem unable to see clear from one eye. Little bit blourr from one eye.
I suffer from eye itching problem, I think this is due to rainy season and traveling, please give me an eye drop. Thanks.
Sir I have floater and flash in both eyes since 15 days and I go for retina examined but there is no problem. So should I worried about retina detachment in future.
Radial Karatotoma operation was done in 1994. More than 20 years passed , but my vision decreasing regulary .In May 14 , my left eye was cataract operated , in that eye vision is decreasing . I read that rk incisions never heals . Is there any remedy available to improve vision or stop decreasing trend . Please suggest me if possible . I shall be highly obliged .
My Daughter is 30 Years old and unmarried. She is having the birth disorder of retinitis PIGMENTOSA i.e. Night Blindness. In Allopathy, there is ni medicine or Treatment for this disorder. Is it curable by Ayurvedic Treatment?
Am suffering from headache since 2 years, I consulted a eye specialist also. He suggested me to use specks, right now am using specks but also headache is not controlling, please suggest me what should I do?
My eye is weak ,when I have watching mobile my eye get pressurised and flow tears with slightly pain in my eye what can I do for this ?
My 80 year old father has age related macular degeneration. Doctors at vasan eye say his one eye is plain and the other has faded central and partial margin vision. Pl suggest any non surgical treatment to retard ARMD in the working eye, any special food or drug supplement. He can take Betoxid Plus-- Does that help?
Sir I am using glasses. Power is little high. I found that after every 8 to 9 month my eye power increase and I changed glass every time which is more powerful than previous. But now some days ago I am facing same problem again I feel that my eyes become weaker much. I feel some pressure or load in my eye. Can you suggest any medicine or drop for my eyes. Thnku.
Dry eyes are a common phenomenon that develops when the tears do not provide sufficient moisture to your eyes. This may also be the result of inadequate production of tears by the tear ducts. This condition cannot be cured permanently; however, treatments usually help.
Signs and symptoms of dry eyes:
1. A scratchy, burning and a stinging sensation in the eyes
2. Mucous surrounding the eyes
3. Sensitivity to light
4. Redness of the eyes
5. A feeling that something is stuck in the eyes
6. Problems in wearing contact lenses
7. Vision problems, especially while driving at night
8. Watery eyes caused due to the irritation that stems from dry eyes
9. Blurred vision
What are the causes?
1. Tears are a mix of fatty oils, water and mucus. This combination safeguards your eyes from any sort of infection in addition to keeping your ocular surface (the cornea surface) clear and smooth. Your eyes dry up if the tear ducts do not produce enough tears; medically, this condition is termed ‘keratoconjunctivitis sicca’. It can occur due to:
- Certain medical complications such as Sjogren’s Syndrome (a medical condition marked by dry eyes and a dry mouth) arthritis, diabetes, thyroid disorders and deficiency of Vitamin A among a few others
- Side effects of certain medications such as anti-depressants, acne medications, birth control medications and medicines to control high blood pressure
- Laser eye surgery or damage caused to the tear gland due to exposure to radiation or inflammation
2. Increased drying up or evaporation of the tears caused due to exposure to various kinds of smoke, dry air or wind, less of blinking while focusing on any particular activity or an object and eye lid problems such as in-turning of the eyelids (entropion) and out-turning of the eyelids (ectropion) can contribute to this irritating condition.
3. Imbalance in any of the layers constituting a tear film (made of oil, mucus and water) might lead to this condition.