Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Hi, have swelling with tissue bulge around black eyeball in the eye. It persists more than an hour and could not see properly .what to do?
I am 18 year old male. 90 kgs and 5.9 ft. Mildly overweight. About 2 hours ago I noticed a blue tint on the white part of my eye. Very light. But its there. When I looked online I noticed that brittle bone, hearing deficiency, difficulty swallowing are symptoms of a disease. And there were lots of diseases. I do have hearing deficiency. I feel a slight pressure constantly in my ears and I do sometimes have difficulty swallowing. If I get anxious. And nervous. This is common for me. I also have -ve vision in both my eyes. What could me the cause?
I am 35 years old and have a dry eyes issue. It becomes worst by the end of the day in the office probably due to the AC, but can't avoid it. On holidays I do not feel so much of an issue. Please suggest solution which would cure this issue and does not recur in long term. Thanks,
I always have my eyes dry, I am using Softvisc eyes drop . Kindly help as I had Lasik operation done before 2 yearsby Dr. Narang itself &they recommended to use Softvisc fir dryness & itching.
I am getting a problem in my eyes reading and working with computer. After reading or working I am unable to see near objects. Pls give me solution.
Appeared vision disturbances in the right eye. Treatment like barrage laser done. But disturbances in the vision have continued.what can be done now?
Is there a chance to reduce the power of eyesight without any surgery? And does exercise really works?
I am 19 years old male and have eye flakes on my eye lashes. Something like yellow dandruff. What should I do to get rid of it?
I have a problem regard Eye. My sight is Had been weak now I can't see properly some distance word so please help me.
Sir/mam, I want to remove my eye glasses naturally. So what should I have to do for this. please give me suggestions.
Hey well actually its been 15 days .but m confused m because My head pains and eyes become heavy. .the pain starts suddenly and if I cover myself or take rest it becomes normal for some time and again headache and eyes pain starts. .i have gone through eye checkup also and my number is also normal .Can someone tell what is happening to me.
Sight is one of our most important senses. To ensure that your vision is not compromised, regular eye examinations are essential. This is regardless of age and overall health because the only way to diagnose conditions in the eye in the early stages is with a comprehensive eye exam. By arresting them in the early stages, many eye disorders can be easily controlled and treated.
During a routine eye examination, the doctor will look into a number of aspects of your eye's health. An eye examination can also indicate serious health issues like diabetes, macular degeneration and glaucoma. Some of the conditions an eye doctor looks for during an eye exam are:
- Refractive error: If you already have a prescription this will be checked. In other cases, the strength of the eye muscles is checked for near sightedness, far sightedness and astigmatism which can be corrected with lasik surgery, spectacles or lenses. The earlier a refractive error is corrected, the lower are its chances of increasing. When it comes to children, they often do not realize signs of vision deterioration and hence, an eye examination becomes essential.
- Amblyopia: This is a condition where one eye has a much higher refractive error than the other or where the eyes are misaligned. If this is not treated in time, amblyopia can stunt vision in the affected eye and result in blindness.
- Strabismus: Crossed or turned eyes are termed as cases of strabismus. This is caused by the misalignment of the eyes and can cause problems with depth perception. This can lead to amblyopia and eventual blindness if not treated in time.
- Focusing and communicative problems between the eyes: An eye examination can also determine problems with focusing on objects. With children this can be a sign of underdeveloped focusing skills while in adults it can be a symptom of presbyopia or age related diminished focusing ability. Your doctor will also check how well your eyes work together. If they do not work in tandem, it can cause headaches, eye strains and problems with reading.
- Diseases: By looking at the blood vessels and retina of the eyes, doctors can detect signs of high blood pressure, cholesterol etc. Leaks in the blood vessels or bleeding in the eyes can also be a sign of diabetes or swelling of the macula.
- Age related conditions: As with the rest of the body, the eye tissues and muscles also degenerate with time. Cataract is one of the most common age related issues that affect the eyes.