Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. D. SushmaYour feedback matters!
Should one drink SAFI blood purifier during menstruation. And how much water should be taken during menstruation. Is it ok to reduce the quantity of water intake to minimise the washroom visits.
Collagen a structural protein in animals is a quick healer of wounds. The collagen of cows or pigs carries a risk of transmitting foot and mouth disease. At donghua university in shanghai has found an alternate collagen. Conducted on rats, the study found their wounds healed faster using nano fibres from the collagen found in tilapia fish than those rats that didn't have collagen dressing with no adverse reaction to it
Hello I am suffering with azoospermia and my wife is very well to conceive our age is 31 & 28 respectively. should we go for iui or ivf with donor sperm.
Hi doctor. I recently got married June 5th. I'm getting some kind of liquid in the breast nipple. Can you please advice me. What do I need to do. Will that affect me getting pregnant.
I have never got my period on time and this month I missed it by almost 15 days and still didn't get it. Its making me v frustrated. I eat fruits mainly pomegranate, n anjeer n lots of greenies. I also took some iron tablets.. But still no change.. I'm told I'm anaemic.. But in spite of all this too, I never get them on time. Its becoming very annoying every month
I am 24 years old female and I have some vaginal problems like black skin around my vagina skin become so black and having a problem of white water having odor smell during sex with my hubby please suggest me something what I will do.
Hello doctor I am 7 month pregnant now I feel extremely hot in my feet and hands please tell me why this is happening?
I am suffering from bilateral varicocele and my wife is not able conceive since 7 years. Is surgery the only option?
We are newly married couple, after long time of sex, her body will be paining a lot, so is there any tablet?
I have got white discharge problem & it is in form of cheese guess its yeast wt to do cure dis please hlp me it feel so itching irritated wet.
I am 27 years, its 2 years long I have been married. Now I am planning for kid. We also consulted doctor she told me that there is some problem with the cyst. Is it a serious issue? Please help me.
I am 8 month 15 days pregnant. I need more protein in my body according to my doctor. Kindly guide me what type of food I eat for proper protein diet. Is there any tension in delivery for me or my baby or not. Kindly tell me please.
I am suffering from PCOD problem and I am suffering with this from past 7 years and I used many medicines but I have still that problem. Is their any alternative for this problem?
The Pap Smear Test or the Pap Test is a screening test for cervical cancer. This test helps in detecting the possible growth and presence of precancerous as well as cancerous cells within the cervix - the opening of the uterus. This test was named after the doctor who discovered its use when it comes to detecting the signs of the early onset of this kind of cancer.
Let us find out more about the Pap Smear Test:
- Reasons: The main reason behind getting a Pap Smear Test done on a regular basis is to rule out any risk or sign of cervical cancer. Also, it can help in detecting the 40 sexually transmitted viruses that may be lurking around in your system. It is a fact that genital warts are born from the presence of the Human Papillomavirus or HPV which can be of 100 different types - out of which 40 lead to STDs. These STDs can be the start point of cervical cancer.
- HPV and the Pap Smear test: The Pap Smear Test may not be able to detect the exact kind of virus, but it can easily detect any cellular growth and changes that may be caused due to the virus. This helps in homing on to the risk or the beginning of cancer. In case this is detected, then the treatment can start before the problem becomes too difficult to manage.
- Candidates: The perfect candidates for the Pap Smear Test include women who have crossed the age of 21 years or above. Also, women who have a weak immune system due to the presence of the HIV virus also need to get this test done regularly as they are prone to risk of contracting cancer and infections, more than others. Once a woman over 30 years of age has had three normal Pap Smear readings in a row, she can ask her doctor to schedule her for a Pap Smear Test once in five years.
- Preparation: To begin with, you must ensure that you are not menstruating on the day of the test, in which case it will have to be rescheduled. Avoid having sex at least a few nights before the test as well.
- Procedure: The procedure for the test is pretty quick, but a little uncomfortable. The doctor will ask you to lie down before putting your legs up in stirrups and then insert a speculum into the vagina so as to extract sample cells for testing. The scraping action may cause mild pain later.
Get in touch with your doctor about getting regular Pap Smears to rule out the possibility of cervical cancer.