Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. D. SushmaYour feedback matters!
A stuffy head, endless sneezing, and sinus congestion are signs that pollen and pollution are getting the best of you. Many people resort to over-the-counter drugs to alleviate the anguish of allergies. Well, this season, fear not, because there are some simple, effective ways to eliminate or improve your allergy symptoms that are also cheap and natural.
The Great Neti Pot
The use of a neti pot has its roots in ancient yogic practices were clear breathing passages were essential to proper yoga practice. This little pot is used to pour warm water into one nostril at a time in order to clear the nasal passageways, wiping out the inflammatory garbage that gets stuck in your sinuses. The first time I used a neti pot I was shocked at how effective it was in such a short period of time.
Use as much filtered water as your neti pot will hold. Warm up the water until it is just warmer than room temperature. Warm water works better at dissolving mucus than cold water. Add a touch of the neti salt to the warm water. Once the salt dissolves you can pour the water into your neti pot. Turn your head sideways over a sink and place the neti pot into your nostril. The trick is to relax as the water is pouring through your nostril, otherwise it may be a bit of a rough ride the first time you do this. The water should flow out of the opposite nostril, but some may go down your throat if you have a lot of congestion initially. Just spit out any water that goes down your throat.
If the water isn't flowing easily, it means you have a blockage in your nasal passage. This may be the case for people who have chronic allergies and it represents an accumulation of inflammatory material, which needs to be removed. Gently relax and inhale slightly through the nostril you are cleaning to help the water flow upward and eventually it will flow. For beginners, I recommend using half the pot for each nostril. Initially, you can go back and forth from nostril to nostril until the pot is finished; eventually, you will be able to do an entire pot for each nostril. After your first use of the neti pot, you may see a drastic reduction in your symptoms. I recommend repeating this process for 7 days initially and then once a week after that during allergy season.
It is important to keep your neti pot clean, sanitized and dry to avoid the growth of microorganisms in your pot.
Nasya is an ayurvedic practice that is used to treat stress-related problems, headaches, neck pain, anxiety and mental fogginess. It is also a year-round treatment to prevent and treat seasonal allergies. Nasya helps to remove toxins that accumulate from the upper part of your body by opening up the lymphatic channels and allowing the toxins to be removed through your nasal passages.
Typically, cured sesame oil is used for nasya. To cure any oil, you simply place it in a pot over medium heat and add a drop of water.  When the drop of water pops, the oil is cured. The sesame oil can be used alone or herbs can be added to the oil to help treat specific conditions. Nasya is an all-natural cure for sinus inflammation, which is the main cause of chronic sinus congestion and allergies.
Nasya oil is typically applied in each nostril through a small dropper. I suggest using about 3 drops in one nostril and then inhaling while pinching the other nostril closed with your index finger. Inhale strongly and allow the oil to go up into your sinuses. If any of the oil spills down your throat, spit it out. Repeat the process on the other nostril. It may feel as though you need to blow your nose at first, but resist the urge because the effectiveness of the treatment is based on the oil's ability to permeate the sinuses. Typically, nasya is done every morning, but in the beginning you may need to do it a couple of times a day until the inflammation lessens.
Most people suffering from allergy symptoms don't realize that the foods they are eating may be contributing to their symptoms. In Ayurveda, allergies are directly linked to digestion and changing the way you eat is an important part of controlling your allergies. People with allergies should avoid the following foods in particular:
Oily foods, especially deep fried
Cold foods, especially ice cream
In ayurveda, these foods are believed to clog the digestive system and result in excessive mucus formation. Instead, you want to eat foods that are warming and disperse toxins from the body. This includes spices like black pepper, cinnamon, garlic and ginger. Also, load up on green, leafy vegetables and drink plenty of warm water through the day.
The neti pot alone may bring fast relief to your allergy symptoms, but using all three tools may help stop your allergies from returning next year.
It's being 4 years of marriage, still not conceive, now we got hsg test report that fallopian tube is block one side, pcod is also. What to do next?
Sir I usually use condom to prevent pregnancy does it harmful for my wife Ic I use it for 2_3 years.
Hello, my wife got operated for breast engorged before six months, now she have one breast smaller than other, advise that what should she do to maintain the symmetry. Thank you.
Here are some #preventive measures that help keep to a minimum the risk of #hiv infection and #aids thus:
if operations scheduled time if you can get your own blood as preserved blood. This eliminates a possible infection by blood transfusion.
avoid resorting to medical care in developing countries involving blood or the use of syringes unless it is an absolute priority.
drug abusers who inject illicit drugs should use syringes for single use. They can get them in any big city for free.
avoid sharing with others razors, toothbrushes and other items that may come into contact with bodily fluids.
mother-child: the risk of transmission of infection by vhi in a positive mother can avoid practice one cesarean and giving up breastfeeding the baby.
#safe-sex avoid sexual practices that blood, semen or vaginal mucus secretion and / injured or diseased skin may come into contact with the couple. Always use condoms during sex. For oral sex, try not to get semen or vaginal fluid in the mouth.
also avoid having sex with many different people. A monogamous relationship only provides reliable protection against hiv and aids if both have mutual trust and can talk openly about possible infidelities.
New studies have shown that infection with HPV (human papillomavirus) can promote HIV transmission through sexual intercourse. Therefore, preventing the corresponding HPV infection prevent the spread of HIV.#hiv
My friend is taking antidepressants since five years now planning to have a baby. Will his problem effect his new born baby.
We have ultrasound on 5 March 2016. It shows single live intrauterine pregnancy of 19 weeks 6 days cephalic presentation. So my question is that what can be estimate conception date?
Hi, We are trying since 8 months. My wife's last period was on 9th July. Now she is having little pain in left lower abdomen. Gas problem, laziness, lower back pain while walk. While I listen on her lower abdomen I hear continues bubbling sound. Last month also same phenomenon happened but not conceived. Also nipples are slightly bigger and she feel pain while touching it. If it is not conceive, then why those symptoms? Please help.
What are the symptoms of vagina cancer? How we can understand from the beginning? A enlargement at the uterus is what symptom?
We can differentiate between the milk from a cow or a buffalo by looking at its color and thickness. While being different from one another in terms of composition and richness, both cow and buffalo milk possess properties that give them their unique nutritional value and health benefits. Including them in your daily diet can help you to stay fit and strong. Here's a look at what they offer, and which one can be the most appropriate for you:
1. Fat content - It's the fat content of these two milks that instantly make them different from one another. Of the two, buffalo milk has a higher percentage of fat content, which keeps your stomach fuller for a long time. On the other hand, cow's milk is easier to digest due to its low-fat content. When it comes to the fat percentage in buffalo milk, on an average it is two times more than that of cow milk. So, if the average fat content in cow milk is 3-4% that of buffalo milk is about 7-8%.
2. Protein content - Buffalo milk contains more protein in comparison to cow milk, which can make it more difficult to digest. It comes with a protein content that is in the range of 4.2%-4.5% and is 11% higher than that of cow milk.
3. Cholesterol content - Cholesterol levels differ in both the milk, with buffalo milk being significantly lower in cholesterol. While buffalo milk has a cholesterol content of 0.65 mg/g, cow milk records 3.14 mg/g of cholesterol.
4. Water content - Cow milk reports higher water content compared to buffalo milk. This is because it contains fewer solids with about 90% of the milk being composed of water. It's this high water percentage that gives cow milk its hydrating quality.
5. Calorie content - Since buffalo milk comes with more proteins and fat, it has more calories. For every 100ml of buffalo milk, you consume about 100Kcals. On the other hand, cow milk contains about 70 Kcals.
If you're on a diet to lose weight and improve your metabolic processes, cow milk would be the most appropriate option as it is low in fat, protein and calorie content. On the other hand, if you want to gain weight and strengthen weak bones, buffalo milk is what you should have daily.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I missed my period on 5 july. I used pregnancy kit, it shows positive result. Now what is my stage .sometimes I have pelvic pain also. I don't have nausea, fatigue.I am always energetic. Sometimes I feel very hungry .Is it sure, I am pregnant?
Within what time after sexual intercourse should we take contraceptive pills to avoid pregnancy? And will we get pills without prescriptions? Please tell me.
To keep the vagina healthy and clean, a pale white, odourless fluid is discharged from the vagina. However, in cases where there is an infection in the vagina, this discharge may change in terms of both colour and odour. This condition is known as leucorrhoea and can affect women of different ages. There are two types of leucorrhoea:
In such cases, the discharge is caused by a fluctuation in hormonal levels. It usually affects girls going through puberty, women in the state of sexual excitement or in the first trimester of pregnancy and newborn baby girls.
Inflammatory or pathological
This type of leucorrhoea may be triggered by a number of conditions including vaginal yeast infections, cervicitis and trichomonal vaginitis. Some of the symptoms of this infection are:
I read on internet and if had sex 2 days before ovulation then will definitely get pregnant as had sex 1-2 days before ovulation most fertile time so please say I will be as I had it 23rd Wednesday and egg got released on 25th Friday and he cum in me on Wednesday 23rd as it went all warm felt it and then read on internet and it said if had sex 2 days before ovulation then definitely become pregnant as had it 1-2 days before most fertile time so please say when I take my test Monday it say I am pregnant.
Hello I have a girl question hope to hear from a girl I have been bleeding since the 10th of april an jts have an I have blood clots an there big an really dark an I also just had a baby 7m ago on sept 25 by normal birth id had normal periods after that bc when he was a month old I when on birth control an been normal every since an now ive been bleeding an im five days shy of a month of non stop blood I also off an on have belly lain real bad please help.
1. Most common cause of pain between 15-35 years of age is fibro-cystic disease, which occurs due to hormonal fluctuations.
2. In fibrocystic disease, there is cyclical pain, which is more in intensity just before the menstrual periods
3. Cyclical pain is commonly seen in patients who are overweight and hypothyrooid.
4. Ultrasound should always be done to rule out any lumps/ cancer.
5. During these episodes of pain, try wearing a sports bra. It offers good support and reduces the pain. You can also apply anti-inflammatory gels over the site of pain.
6. Large cysts (>1.5 cm) should be aspirated - they help in reducing pain
7. Cancer usually presents as a painless lump in the breast
8. Sometimes breast pain can be due to musculo-skeletal causes.
9. If there is one particular point, where pain in occurring (specially close to the middle), then it could be due to costo-chondritis (inflammation of the joint between cartilage and bone)
10. Costo-chondritis can be managed by pain-killers and local injection of steroids
Please make sure you get yourself treated from an expert breast surgeon, who knows the various causes of breast pain and their management.
Hello I am a female 21 years married and 1 and half year back trying to conceive due to irregular periods pcos I could not conceive plzz help me I tried clomid meprate and many antioxidant but my periods r still irregular please help me.
Renal cancer is also known as hypernephroma, renal cell carcinoma (RCC), kidney cancer or renal adenocarcinoma. The kidneys are organs in your body that dispose off waste, while additionally regulating fluid balance. There are small tubes in the kidneys called tubules. These filter the blood, help in discharging waste, and make urine. RCC happens when cancer cells start to grow out of control in the lining of the tubules of the kidney. Renal cancer is a progressive disease that spreads to the lungs and the organs around it.
Medical experts do not know the exact cause behind renal cancer. It is most commonly found in men between the ages of 50 and 70. There are some risk factors and signs that indicate one’s possibility of having renal cancer and these are as follows:
- Family history of renal cancer
- Dialysis treatment
- Hypertension or high blood pressure
- Smoking cigarettes
- Polycystic kidney disease (a condition that causes cyst formation in the kidneys)
At a point when renal cancer is in its initial stages, patients might not see any symptoms. The symptoms are mainly seen in the later stages. Some of the most common symptoms are as follows:
- Blood in urine: Blood in urine is called hematuria. As indicated by the Renal Cancer Association, hematuria is the most widely recognized indication of kidney cancer. In case you have blood in your urine, you may see pink, rust or even a red staining.
- Lower back pain: The vast majority does not encounter pain until cancer is in later stages. Pain from renal cancer is felt on one side of the flank, the region over the pelvis, and beneath the ribs in the abdomen. This pain can go from a dull yearn to a sharp wound, frequently leaving the area blue. In case you have any sudden pain that continues for more than a couple of days, you need to see a specialist.
- A mass or lump: A mass or protuberance in the abdomen can be an indication of renal cancer. Kidney knots might be hard to feel since they are somewhere down in the abdomen. Once a bump is found, your specialist may arrange symptomatic tests such as an ultrasound or a CT scan. These tests may diagnose what your knot might be.
- Iron deficiency and fatigue: Weakness and a fall in your iron levels are the most common symptoms of any type of cancer. Cancer exhaustion is not quite the same as simply feeling tired.
- Weight reduction, loss of appetite and fever: Another normal side effect of cancer is sudden and startling weight reduction. This happens quickly without any excessive workouts or dieting. A person diagnosed with cancer can also face a loss of appetite. In fact, even their most loved food items can get to be unappealing. Frequent fever is yet another common symptoms among most cancer patients.
In case your specialist suspects that you may have renal cancer, they will take some information about your and family’s medical history. They will then do a physical exam. Discoveries that can show renal cancer include swelling or irregularities in the stomach area. In case of men, augmented veins in the scrotal sac (varicocele) may be found. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Nephrologist.