Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. D SudhakarYour feedback matters!
My baby is 1 year now. Baby boy. He is teething. Started eating basic food- khichdi, roti, dahi, paneer, dal, egg etc. At times will only take milk and biscuits or some fruits. Takes coconut water. 1) whats the ideal diet for a 1 years old , in terms of quantity and 2) what all should be included in the diet 3) calcium an iron should be continued for how long? 4) spices and salt can be introduced now? 5) can give honey?
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
My 3 years old son has difficulty in speaking, he can babble but can’t speak and point his finger towards the desired objects. Instead he use to take us by holding our hand to the desired object example towards AC switch or Refrigerator door. He can’t even speak Mama, Papa and can’t point when asked about them. Had a poor eye contact. He is physically fit with all emotions, plays game on mobile. He has been doubted with ASD but the assessment is still pending. We have been advised to do BERA and EEG Tests which appears normal. His MRI report is has some deviation from normal which needs to be understood. Investigation: MRI Brain Plain Results: Multiplanar Mr. imaging of the brain was done. TIW, TSE-T2W and FLAIR images were obtained in three orthogonal planes. The study shows small hyperintensities on FLAIR involving peritrigonal region/occipital region on both the sides, possibly incomplete myelination Rest of the brain parenchyma appears normal. The basil cisterns and superficial subarachnoid CSF spaces are normal. Ventricles appear prominent. The mid brain, pons and medulla are normal. The cerebellar hemispheres are normal. Visualized parts of the sella, 5 th, 7 th and 8 th nerve complexes are grossly normal on routine brain imaging. Major flow voids are present. Advice: Clinical Correlation. Please help me to understand the report. Regards,
I have chronic digestive problem both constipation and diarrhoea due to stress. I am not able to cope up any type of stress, I am unable to sleep well, I am underweight, everybody tease me. I have got lots of hair on mouth, hand, legs, chest. I am mentally disturbed. I am curious to studies but unable to concentrate.
Dear sir, my baby is three months old but I still get extreme pain during breast feeding her, can you please help me with some suggestions or name some medicine that reduces the pain.
Growth hormone or somatropin is responsible for cell growth as well as reproduction. But insufficient somatropin production by the pituitary gland may result in lack in height. It is mostly caused by a serious brain injury, any prevalent medical condition or might occur as a birth defect.
- Congenital GHD - This form of GHD appears from at the time of birth itself.
- Acquired GHD- GHD can be acquired during later life as a result of trauma, infection, tumor growth within the brain or radiation therapy.
- Idiopathic GHD- Idiopathic GHD is the third, and comparatively worst kind of GHD since it has no treatment.
GHD is mostly permanent, but can also be transient. Read on to know how to detect whether you or your child is suffering from growth hormone deficiency (GHD).
- Restricted height- Compared to other children of your child's age, he/she may be of shorter height, which is a rather conclusive sign to detect somatropin deficiency.
- Chubby and comparatively younger appearance- Your child may have a proportionate body, but if he/she is unnaturally chubby and has a baby-face compared to other children, he/she may be suffering from GHD.
- Late puberty- Your child's puberty maybe later than usual or even not appear at all, depending upon the gravity of the GHD.
- Hypoglycemia and exaggerated jaundice- Low blood sugar is amongst the most primary manifestations of GHD, along with extended duration of jaundice.
- Micro-penis- Micro penis condition is one of the incident signs of GHD, which later escalates to growth deficit as the infant gets older.
- Fatigue- Adults with GHD may experience extreme tiredness throughout the day, with reduced muscle strength.
- Osteoporosis- Osteoporosis, along with bodily deformities, is a common sign in adults with GHD.
- Lipid abnormalities- A test of your lipid profile may reveal abnormalities in LDL cholesterol, insulin resistance, and impaired cardiac functions.
Tests to determine GHD:
- Physical test- A chart is drawn to determine the proportion of height and weight with respect to your age to detect anomalies.
- Hand X-ray- A hand X-ray can determine whether the age of bones are at par with your age.
- MRI-MRI scan can determine the health of your brain and pituitary gland.
- Test for other hormones- Growth Hormone may not be solely responsible for your health condition, so it is important to determine if other hormone levels are all normal.
- Hormone supplements- Hormone supplements like corticosteroids (hydrocortisone or prednisone), Levothyroxine (levoxyl, synthroid, etc), and others work to replenish the deficiency of pituitary hormones.
- Growth hormone injection- GH is injected beneath your skin, to cure GDH. This is a long-term treatment and requires constant monitoring.
This is very common after the baby has turned about 2-3 months of age or even slightly later. This appears as a red area with itching on the cheeks or the chest area. These babies usually have very dry skin, and it is also not uncommon for one of the parents to have eczema. This form is called atopic eczema. The severity of the eczema is very variable, but the vast majority grow out of the eczema by the time they reach 15 years of age. This tends to be a persistent problem and needs to be managed on a regular basis.
The most important factor to keep in mind is to use a gentle soap and a pH neutral moisturiser all over the body. The soap and moisturiser needs to be continued for years and the dermatologist may prescribe a steroid or anti-inflammatory creams for brief periods during a flare up.
My baby is 4 months old. My milk is not sufficient for my baby. Can you suggest me the food to increase the production of my milk.
My son is 1 and 1/2 months old. He is suffering from cold and cough. Doctor has told there is no cough in chest and provided with nasoclear one drop in each nostril. He is very irritated and coughing as if vomiting. Also whatever I breastfeed he vomit out. Later doctor given ambrodil drips 3 drops twice a day along with moxclav drops 3 drops twice a day. Is this safe . Can I give it to 6 week baby. Please suggest.
She is breast feeding now and 6 months have passed she is 32c size of breast What happens if she stops breast feeding her child and stores tht milk in her breast only.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
My 5 months son have fiver since last 3-4 days. All the day he remains normal but in the late night or early morning he has fiver. Doctor asked to give paracip drops 3-4 time a day. Today morning his temp was 100. 6 f. Please suggest what I have to do.
Abusive head trauma (AHT) and shaken baby syndrome usually refer to the same thing. When a parent or other caregiver shakes and injures a child, it's sometimes called shaken baby syndrome.
Shaking a baby is the most common form of AHT. It occurs most frequently in babies younger than 1 – typically when an adult is overwhelmed by a crying baby and tries to get him to stop. It can happen when an adult is frustrated with a toddler or preschooler, too.
AHT is also the term doctors use to describe a serious brain injury that results from blunt force. Receiving a blow to the head and being thrown or dropped cause similar injuries to violently shaking a child, so doctors refer to all such injuries as AHT.
When a child's head is shaken back and forth, his brain bumps against the skull, causing bruising, swelling, pressure, and bleeding in and around the brain. The impact often causes bleeding in the retina – the light-sensitive portion of the eye that transmits images to the brain.
A child with AHT may also have a damaged spinal cord or neck as well as bone fractures. The extent of the damage depends on how long and hard the child is shaken or how severe the blow to the head is. But in just seconds, a child can suffer severe, permanent damage or even death.
Hello. Meri beti 4 year ki hai. But full slim hai food pora khati hai milk ziyada piti b hai but vo fat nai horai . please achi tonic ya KyA khalana bataye please Wait to 10 kg hai 5 month se.
I am from noida. I want to tell you about my daughter. Sir I have a daughter her age is 1.9 yrs. She does not eat properly. She do not like milk and food but sometimes she drink only fruity sir please tell me the treatment of this type of like. Please tell me the medicine which will be helpful for my daughter for hunger. Thanks
Along with the baby, the mother also benefits physically and emotionally from breastfeeding. Due to the release of the prolactin hormones, a peaceful and nurturing sensation fills the mother.