Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. D S GuptaYour feedback matters!
Hello I want to know at which percentage eye operation for removing eye number is safe. I cant focus on distance object. My eye number is 3. 5 in both eyes. My age is 21 year. Every year 0. 25 number increases from last 3 year. Can I go for operation or not. Is it safe for me or I will wait for some years.
I have not seen any objects very nearly with out full clarity, how to retina change or glasses which one best.
How to treat swollen eyelids naturally or any medicine? It's just started in my left eye. Please suggest any good idea as I am having exam this sunday!
My eye doctor said that my eyes are. Perfectly orthotropic but when I starr my eyes in mirror for 6-10 sec my eye start deviate outward? When I daydream I take video my eyes my eyes also seen to deviated outward slightly? What is. This? If im perfectly orthotropic then why im experiencing this symptoms? What is reason behind it?
My left is suffering from glaucoma (expected as per eye specialist0, what should be the remedy for this ?
I have red eyes over last three days and also vision problem. Please keep in mind and give me some treatment.
Hello doctor, I am pradeep Gautam and my age 23. Actually I am preparing for my medical examination for ies. So I went to check for my eye check up. And my eye was found to be 6/6 (normal). Then I came to room and I'm happy that time. But after that my friend told me to check Colour blindness test on YouTube. So both we r looking for pattern. And I answered only 2-3 number correctly and my friend give almost all answer correct. So I'm worried about it. Pls tell me any solution? And I want ask one doubt - a man have 6/6 eye still he will affected by colour blindness? Thanks in advance Pradeep.
Iam getting stomach ache since from two weeks and my eyes are becoming red and vomiting are becoming I can not bare the stomach ache what should I do.
Hi sir, my name niyas arakkal thoduka, im 25 years old man. Im working in qatar as a driver. Five tears ago im in here. Until now my body nothing have any changes. Still im not fat. I try to eat many oil foods and fat foods. But nothing to change. Please advise me any good medicine for become fat. Thank you.
I am facing a little problem I have red eyes for two days. I used ciplox twice a day but nothing happened. What should I do?
How can I decrease my eye site. Although I'm taking healthy food. But my eye site was quite constant. So please help me to decrease my eye site.
Hello My problem is my eye's Ye kabi kabi bahut dard karty Bahut tablet's li par koi fark nahi pada please help me.
I am 60 yrs old lady yesterday while colouring my hair a little amount entered in my right eye even though I have cleaned with water immediately still pain is persisting. What I should do?
I work at least 10 hour behind computer and it harm my eyesight and health also please give me suggestion regarding this matter.
My 1 5-year-old brother has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma preventer long-term? I heard that using it for years might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true? Are there any vitamins or supplements to help vision?
From 2-3 days my far sight weekend and also my eye is burning. What is the reason behind this and what can I do know?
My husband always complains about indigestion and heart burn. What diet should he follow and which doctor I should see.
Styes are normally caused by a proliferation of natural bacterial flora within the eye. This causes an inflammatory reaction and is known to affect children more than adults. It resembles a pimple in exterior appearance and may grow both inside and outside of the eyelid. The symptoms of styes include redness, pain, swelling and tenderness. Though the styes do not lead to any kind of visual problems, they can cause significant discomfort.
What can cause styes?
Your eyelids have lots of tiny oil glands, which can become clogged by dead skin, dirt, or oil buildup. When a gland is blocked, bacteria can grow inside. This is what causes a stye to develop.
What are the symptoms of styes?
The most common symptom of styes includes swelling of the eyelid, redness, pain, tenderness, eyelid crusts and burning in the eye. It frequently leads to a yellowish-white discharge which becomes very uncomfortable and may also continue to drain out of the eye. Doctors recommend not to press or squeeze the styes as it may lead to further complications.
You should call your doctor if:
- The child`s eye is swollen shut
- He has a severe pain
- He has a high-grade fever
- Swelling lasts for more than 20 days
- Pus continues to drain from the eye
- His eyelid bleeds
- He has problems with his vision
Homeopathic medicines for sty are safe and effective with no side effects. They play a vital role in improving the health and immune levels of the body. The recurrence of any symptoms in a body can be prevented by homeopathic medicines. These medicines are easy and comfortable for all age groups as they taste sweeter and give quicker results.
Styes tend to dry out on its own although applying homeopathic medication can aid in hastening the process of healing.
- Amalki: This homeopathic medicine aids in repairing damaged tissue which in turn aids the stye infection to dry out. It is recommended to add a teaspoon of Amalki, which is available in most homeopathic outlets, into a glass of pure water. Then the mixture must be left on its own for the whole night for at least 10 to 12 hours. The mixture should then be filtered and used for washing the affected eye.
- Heper Sulphur: Heper sulphur aids in speeding up the rupture of styes so that the pain is instantly relieved. This remedy is particularly suited for the styes that cause significantly red and swollen. It also aids in reducing the tenderness and swelling. In the case of some children, styes tend to secrete a liquid discharge and are extremely painful. Heper sulphur along with warm compress can be extremely helpful in relieving the pain.
- Pulsatilla: Some styes do not cause any pain but cause significant swelling and secrete a yellowish discharge. People affected with such type of styes can be significantly benefited by the use of homeopathic remedy called pulsatilla. It has also been found useful in preventing reoccurrence of styes.
- Staphisagria: Staphisagria is for chronic or recurrent styes that appear mainly on the upper eyelid. The eyes are very dry and have rheum. The corner of the eye and the edges of the eyelids may be chapped and infected.
It is important to keep the eye clean and flush it with cold water. If the pain and related symptoms do not go away after 3 to 4 days, it is best to consult a doctor for further treatments.